PDA

View Full Version : Dybas pleads not guilty

Iwritecode
05-15-2003, 11:21 AM
Heard this on sportscenter last night. Something about he had been drinking all day and didn't mean to hurt anyone.

Wow, is this guy a moron...

34 Inch Stick
05-15-2003, 11:44 AM
Just pleading that for right now in order to get some kind of agreement with the State's Attorney. He probably wants no jail time and mandatory alcohol rehab. I could handle time served, mandatory rehab and a VERY LARGE FINE.

WhiteSoxWinner
05-15-2003, 01:34 PM
My guess is he is stalling until he can locate this guy to be his lawyer:

:sahaf
My client is innocent!! He was over 100 miles from the stadium when the infidel ran onto the field. He could not possibly be the one who ran on the field. Pictures? Those are lies propogated by the infidels. I tell you this truly. Praise be Shamme!!

fquaye149
05-15-2003, 04:40 PM
i can see that he might have run out onto the field drunk as hell and accidentally ran into the umpire. I haven't seen a whole clip of his attack maybe because there wasn't any film of the whole thing or maybe because it gives the tribune a chance to put cute articles in the tempo section and jim baker a chance to list every sox home series as the "welcome to the jungle" matchupof the week

doublem23
05-15-2003, 04:43 PM
Sweet! This means that as long as I get reaaaaaaaally tanked up I can't be held accountable for my actions.

Idiot.

WhiteSoxWinner
05-15-2003, 04:44 PM
He didn't run into him accidently. After watching the replay, it looked like he was trying to "pants" Diaz. He went after his calves as if to pull his pants down and embarass the poor guy.

I am NOT making an excuse for the guy, I hope he rots in jail for a while. He was definitely going for Diaz, but I don't think he going to "attack" the guy quite like the Ligues.

Risk
05-15-2003, 04:47 PM
As much as I hate to say it, this is the guy who is going to be made an example of. Not only that, due to the media spectacle that was created surronding the entire incident, I would not be suprised if The IL States Attorneys Office tries to go for the maximum penalty. In all likelihood, however, the SA will probably plead down from the max just to get the conviction. I think he'd probably get 1-2 months suspended, plus alcohol/drug rehab and maybe 1 year probation.

Personally, however, I would like to have players, owners and fans alike be able to take turns clubbing this jagbag's testicals until they retreat inside his body (retraction, anyone).

Risk

T Dog
05-15-2003, 08:54 PM
No one pleads guilty as charged so early in the process. I don't know much about criminal justice in Illinois, but this guy would seem to be looking for a deal. Considering the high-profile nature of the offense, I'm not sure if political realities would allow it.

Some state statutes specify that voluntary intoxication can't be used to mitigate an offense. Drunk drivers, for example, cannot argue that they were too drunk to know what they were doing when they got behind the wheel.

Ventura23Fan
05-16-2003, 02:15 AM
I saw a little blurb about this in the Trib today. It first states that he is pleading not guilty. Then later it states that he says he is taking responsibility for his actions. Maybe it's just me but I would think that taking responsibility for your actions would mean admitting you messed up by pleading guilty. He's probably just doing what his lawyer is telling him to do, but he's looking like a complete moron. It's one thing to act like a moron when you are drunk, it's another thing when you act like a moron when you are sober and have had several weeks to contemplate your actions.

T Dog
05-16-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Ventura23Fan
I saw a little blurb about this in the Trib today. It first states that he is pleading not guilty. Then later it states that he says he is taking responsibility for his actions. Maybe it's just me but I would think that taking responsibility for your actions would mean admitting you messed up by pleading guilty. He's probably just doing what his lawyer is telling him to do, but he's looking like a complete moron. It's one thing to act like a moron when you are drunk, it's another thing when you act like a moron when you are sober and have had several weeks to contemplate your actions.

Perhaps he failed at the conventional route of acting like a moron -- getting a job in sports journalism.