PDA

View Full Version : The Minnesota Troublemakers


RKMeibalane
05-15-2003, 10:07 AM
Did anyone happen to see last night's Kansas City-Minnesota game? It looks like the Twins are up to their old tricks again. They were leading 7-0 when Matt LeCroy was hit with a pitch. Then the Twins attempted to run up the score by stealing bases and emplying the hit-and-run. Runleveys (sp?) Hernandez took exception to the Twins' actions. He shouted at Twins third base coach Al Newman. Ron Gardenhire charged out of the dugout and protested. "Choir Boy Dougie" was standing on third base at the time. He tried to pick a fight with Hernandez. Both benches cleared.

Hangar18
05-15-2003, 10:19 AM
Man, something tells me this Minny trip a bunch of us are going on this weekend is Going to Be Special ........

MHOUSE
05-15-2003, 10:31 AM
I can definately see tempers flaring this weekend. They said there was some bad blood during last nights game and I read about LeCroy getting plunked. The Twins play baseball like my travel team plays soccer. Play tough and physical, get under their skin, then when they start sh*t just stand up to them. Sooo much fun. Yeah...anyways.....

RKMeibalane
05-15-2003, 10:50 AM
I can definitely see there being at least one brawl this weekend. The Twins are easily the cockiest team in the American League. They talk so much about how the Sox never shut their mouths, but from what I've seen, Minnesota has done most of the talking lately. If the Sox play well up there, the Twins may resort to violence. The Twins know that if the White Sox bats get going, there's no way their offense can match that output.

LuvSox
05-15-2003, 11:15 AM
They're starting to remind me of the Tribe under Mike Hargrove. And that ain't good.

HITMEN OF 77
05-15-2003, 11:20 AM
We will whip on the Twinks this weekend and if there should be a fight, which team could beat us in a bench clear? I know Frank could hold his own against any infield in the AL.

thecell
05-15-2003, 11:31 AM
I wish the Sox played with that kind of emotion. That's what it may take to wake this team up. Anybody remember 2000? After the brawl with the Tigers, it seemed like we were a new team on a mission. I hope the Sox kick Minnesota's asses one way or another this weekend.

moochpuppy
05-15-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by thecell
Anybody remember 2000? After the brawl with the Tigers, it seemed like we were a new team on a mission.

Actually, before that Detroit brawl the Sox were 10-6 and 20 games later they were 20-16.

RKMeibalane
05-15-2003, 12:39 PM
If the Twins know what's good for them, they'll leave the Sox alone. There is enough tension building amonst the various members of the White Sox organization because of the events of the past few weeks. There is also a great deal of bad blood between Chicago and Minnesota. It wouldn't take much for Minnesota to start a fight, if that's what they intend to do. The general public has indulged in a love affair with the Twins, but I don't think that's going to last much longer, not if they keep finding themselves in the middle of fights.

thecell
05-15-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
Actually, before that Detroit brawl the Sox were 10-6 and 20 games later they were 20-16.

I never brought up records...I merely stated that it brought the team together...and 146 games later they were 95-67.

fquaye149
05-15-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by thecell
I wish the Sox played with that kind of emotion. That's what it may take to wake this team up. Anybody remember 2000? After the brawl with the Tigers, it seemed like we were a new team on a mission. I hope the Sox kick Minnesota's asses one way or another this weekend.

i do not wish the sox played with the emotion of a minetkiewicz. he needs to sac up and stop playing the role of tough guy despite the fact that he'll only fight a little guy like hernandez or stare pitchers down and not play the next day. lock him in a cell with dybas(although as a cubs fan, he probably wouldn't know who mientkjkae;jz is)

MetalliSox
05-15-2003, 04:33 PM
If something happens, all Minnesota will do is clear the bench and stand by the fould line. That is what they are best at. They're a bunch of sissy, pencil necked, geeks.

Not one player on their team intimidates me.

MHOUSE
05-15-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by KonerkosHip
Not one player on their team intimidates me.

That big reliever that they've got scares me. He was the peacemaker when the benches came out when the Twins were in town and Garland got tossed. Um....Mike Fetters! That's his name. I wouldn't want to get into it with him.

LuvSox
05-15-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by KonerkosHip
Not one player on their team intimidates me.

And you don't intimidate them either.

ma-gaga
05-15-2003, 05:08 PM
Albie Lopez was the pitcher.

He's on the verge of being cut... He can't get anyone out, the only out he's gotten in the last couple of days was THAT play at the plate. He's a little tense...

What are you supposed to do if you're the Twins, stop trying?!? bah. The Twins may have bigger mouths than talent, but they are playing hard.

jeremyb1
05-15-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77
We will whip on the Twinks this weekend and if there should be a fight, which team could beat us in a bench clear? I know Frank could hold his own against any infield in the AL.

yeah. i dare anyone to get within ten feet of frank during a brawl.

RKMeibalane
05-15-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
yeah. i dare anyone to get within ten feet of frank during a brawl.

The Brewers were stupid enough to do such a thing in 1995. In this particular game, Phil Garner's team was involved in several brawls with the Sox. Frank and Ron Karkovice pounded the crap out of several players. They were cleaning house, but each brawl was eventually broken up.

lowesox
05-15-2003, 08:53 PM
I gotta say, I kind of miss having the Indians as our main rival. Yes, the twins are easy to hate - they're overated, and have loud mouths they can't back up - but they don't seem to be as much of a challenge. We've totallly tanked the beginning of this season and we're still pretty much in it. There's no way one of the better Cleveland teams from the past wouldn't have buried us by now.

IF we beat Minnesota in the standings by the end of the year, it just won't be as satisfying for me. I REALLY hated the indians.

fhqwhgads
05-16-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Then the Twins attempted to run up the score...

"There's no crying in baseball!"

I hope you guys aren't serious. There's no such thing as running up the score in baseball. Boston came back from a 9-0 deficit last weekend against the Twins, and the final was 9-8. Should they have stopped trying to score runs after it was 7-0? I think not. What a crybaby Lopez is. I hope Pena fines the hell out of him for acting like a little leaguer out there.

GO TWINS!

doublem23
05-16-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
IF we beat Minnesota in the standings by the end of the year, it just won't be as satisfying for me. I REALLY hated the indians.

Shuh... I still hate the 'Toons. Happy as hell to see 'em fall flat on their face.

hose
05-16-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads
"There's no crying in baseball!"

I hope you guys aren't serious. There's no such thing as running up the score in baseball. Boston came back from a 9-0 deficit last weekend against the Twins, and the final was 9-8. Should they have stopped trying to score runs after it was 7-0? I think not. What a crybaby Lopez is. I hope Pena fines the hell out of him for acting like a little leaguer out there.

GO TWINS!


Hey flagerhead buy Hanger a beer at the game tonight.

He can explain things for you. :D:

Hangar18
05-16-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by hose
Hey flagerhead buy Hanger a beer at the game tonight.

He can explain things for you. :D:

Yes Fgeresccsdrdsdcasefress, Please Do.
He Cant Handle the Truth.... heh heh Better see you up there bud