PDA

View Full Version : Oh My God!

Jurr
05-14-2003, 09:32 PM
Wait a minute! Koch having a good outing and a save? Starting pitching doing their part in two straight evenings? Danny Wright bringing some stability to this pitching staff, that could be extremely dangerous if he stays hot(Buehrle, Colon, Loaiza, Wright, Garland)???? Tom Gordon quietly stringing together shutout innings? Extra base hits? Putting "a crooked letter on the board"????
Are we bad, or was it that the rest of the damn AL would have the same trouble running 12 straight against Oakland and Seattle? The New York Yanks have had fits against Mulder and the A's (who made us look lethargic, who made people call for Ward's and Manuel's jobs, and who brought doomsday early for the Sox)....
Could this team be rallying? Is it too early to say after a new winning streak? Could we have a sweep with Colon pitching tomorrow?
Could this team get really confident and focused to pound the living hell out of the hated Twinkies??? Big winning streak possible? Frank Thomas backing up his gripe? Could the 2005 Mustang concept car look any more awesome? Hmmmm.....Gotta be happy for right now.

lowesox
05-14-2003, 09:34 PM
No... we're probably still bad. And if we're not - don't jinx it.

WhiteSoxWinner
05-14-2003, 11:41 PM
This team needs to do well in the next four games before I say that are over the hump. I am not saying that they need to sweep the Orioles tomorrow and do the same to the Twinkies (not that I would mind if they did), but as long as the bats continue to get the job done as they did tonight and the win the Twinkie series, then I will say we are on the road back. Here's keeping the fingers crossed...

Jurr
05-15-2003, 04:20 AM
I'm with you. Sweep the birds and take 2 of 3 from the Twinks. THat's a good start. The Twins are the big ones. KC is falling off the map slowly but surely. I'm glad the Sox hate the Twins. But, did you see the benches clear in Minn last night? The Twins are pissing lots of people off lately. That's the third bench clearing this year!!!!!!! Cocky s***heads.

lowesox
05-15-2003, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Jurr
I'm with you. Sweep the birds and take 2 of 3 from the Twinks. THat's a good start. The Twins are the big ones. KC is falling off the map slowly but surely. I'm glad the Sox hate the Twins. But, did you see the benches clear in Minn last night? The Twins are pissing lots of people off lately. That's the third bench clearing this year!!!!!!! Cocky s***heads.

With the way we've started we do need to sweep a series here and there. Now that we've won the first 2 here, I would say for our confidence a sweep would be a really important thing.

My only wish is that Gary Ward gets fired before this team catches fire. Our offence, if you exclude the 7th inning last night has been awful. He's to blame. And he doesn't deserve the job.

GASHWOUND
05-15-2003, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Jurr

Hmm, were punches thrown? Gotta catch SC
and the Twins have been cocky since the middle of last year and the all the way through this year hearing all their comments. But the media interprets that as confidence..of course a guy one time on the Sox says something that is perceived to be confidence, is misinterpreted to cockiness.

Kilroy
05-15-2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by lowesox
My only wish is that Gary Ward gets fired before this team catches fire. Our offence, if you exclude the 7th inning last night has been awful. He's to blame. And he doesn't deserve the job.

I don't care who's here and who's not as long as the team turns it around. Just win, baby.

Hangar18
05-15-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
Hmm, were punches thrown? Gotta catch SC
and the Twins have been cocky since the middle of last year and the all the way through this year hearing all their comments. But the media interprets that as confidence..of course a guy one time on the Sox says something that is perceived to be confidence, is misinterpreted to cockiness.

Mike Kiley School of Journalism

Stoky44
05-15-2003, 10:51 AM
I don't mean to be negative here, but... it is really sad that we think we have turned a corner just because we won 2 straight from a sub 500 fourth place team. Hey guys the Tigers won to in a row not to long ago. I am realyy happy that we just won 2 and should sweep the O's, but let's watch a few more games before we say we turned the corner. Plus our offense only had one good game. We won't win many 1-0 ball games in the AL. Also good temas are supposed to sweep bad teams. The true test of how good of a team the sox are is how they play against good teams. Let's see the how we play against the Twins. If we win that series there, then I will be saying we have turned the corner and the AL central better watch out.

Let's hope our good play continues and lets hit the 500 mark tonight! :)

FoulkeFan
05-15-2003, 11:09 AM
The Tigers swept the Orioles in a 4 game series. I'm going to contain my excitement at the 2-game win streak for a couple of weeks.

Hangar18
05-15-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Stoky44
I don't mean to be negative here, but... it is really sad that we think we have turned a corner just because we won 2 straight from a sub 500 fourth place team. Hey guys the Tigers won to in a row not to long ago. I am realyy happy that we just won 2 and should sweep the O's, but let's watch a few more games before we say we turned the corner. Plus our offense only had one good game. We won't win many 1-0 ball games in the AL. Also good temas are supposed to sweep bad teams. The true test of how good of a team the sox are is how they play against good teams. Let's see the how we play against the Twins. If we win that series there, then I will be saying we have turned the corner and the AL central better watch out.

Let's hope our good play continues and lets hit the 500 mark tonight! :)

I agree. However, What A Statement the Sox will make to Sox Fans, the AL Central, and THEMSELVES if they win/Sweep the series up there. For the Few of us going up there to Cheer Them On, WE need to support them..... Go Sox.