PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Game Day Thread 5-14-03 White Sox vs Baltimore


Unregistered
05-14-2003, 06:17 PM
Use this thread and only this thread if you must post a comment about tonight's game. All other threads will be deleted! Otherwise, please join us in the WSI chat room (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/chat.php?s=) for a discussion of tonight's game.

Tonights games is at 7:05 CST with Danny Wright (0-1 8.31) against Rick Helling (2-3 5.53)

Um, forecast calls for scattered thunderstorms, low 50, hi 63.

(Jjav must be on vacation.)

SoxxoS
05-14-2003, 06:24 PM
I'm blaming the offense on the weather. Not on the players, not on Gary Ward, the weather. As soon as we get into the 80s we will be averaging 5,6,7 runs a game!

Jjav829
05-14-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Use this thread and only this thread if you must post a comment about tonight's game. All other threads will be deleted! Otherwise, please join us in the WSI chat room (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/chat.php?s=) for a discussion of tonight's game.

Tonights games is at 7:05 CST with Danny Wright (0-1 8.31) against Rick Helling (2-3 5.53)

Um, forecast calls for scattered thunderstorms, low 50, hi 63.

(Jjav must be on vacation.)

Heh, no, just got home late. Thanks for posting the thread though. If I forget to post one, or I am unable to, feel free to start one for me. Thanks. :smile:

balboner
05-14-2003, 08:15 PM
How in the hell does Gary Ward still have a job? Just horrible hitting the last few weeks.

RKMeibalane
05-14-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by balboner
How in the hell does Gary Ward still have a job? Just horrible hitting the last few weeks.

He has friends in high places, namely Kenny Williams.

Viva Magglio
05-14-2003, 08:41 PM
Have you noticed during at least the past few games that Mágglio Ordóńez has been squinting his eyes at the plate. Could he be having some sort of eye problem that is causing him not to hit?

balboner
05-14-2003, 08:48 PM
Why did Jerry leave Wright in for the 7th inning? Gibbons was 5-6 vs him going into the at-bat which tied it up. We got 7 innings from Loaiza yesterday, and have Colon going tomorrow. Use the pen in that situation.

RKMeibalane
05-14-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by balboner
Why did Jerry leave Wright in for the 7th inning? Gibbons was 5-6 vs him going into the at-bat which tied it up. We got 7 innings from Loaiza yesterday, and have Colon going tomorrow. Use the pen in that situation.

Manuel is probably saving the bullpen for the Minnesota series. Quite frankly, that isn't such a bad idea. I would much rather have a rested bullpen when facing a team such as the Twins.

OfficerKarkovice
05-14-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by balboner
Why did Jerry leave Wright in for the 7th inning? Gibbons was 5-6 vs him going into the at-bat which tied it up. We got 7 innings from Loaiza yesterday, and have Colon going tomorrow. Use the pen in that situation.

He only threw 86 pitches tonight for one thing...I would have ran him out there for the 7th too.

FanOf14
05-14-2003, 09:23 PM
Which pitcher is pitcher of record for us?

Also, I hope this is the Danny that we will see for most (if not all) of his outings this year! Cheers to Danny.

lowesox
05-14-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
Which pitcher is pitcher of record for us?

Also, I hope this is the Danny that we will see for most (if not all) of his outings this year! Cheers to Danny.

It seems to me that Danny hasn't fully rebuilt his stamina. But man does he look good.

delben91
05-14-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
It seems to me that Danny hasn't fully rebuilt his stamina. But man does he look good.

4 K's, 1 BB. Now that's the kind of ratio I like to see.

WinningUgly!
05-14-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by delben91
4 K's, 1 BB. Now that's the kind of ratio I like to see.

Great to see one of the "Can't Miss Kids" out pitch a "Can't Miss Free Agent". :D:

Lip Man 1
05-14-2003, 09:53 PM
Unfortunately that doesn't happen often does it? (ergo Jon Garland...)

Lip

WinningUgly!
05-14-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Unfortunately that doesn't happen often does it? (ergo Jon Garland...)

Lip

Against Helling it would.

MetalliSox
05-14-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
It seems to me that Danny hasn't fully rebuilt his stamina. But man does he look good.

Danny was throwing his hook for strikes all night. When he does that, he is almost dominating.

LuvSox
05-14-2003, 10:24 PM
Finally, the hitting brings the gold at the end of the rainbow.

AngelLeroy
05-14-2003, 10:29 PM
Wow thats a beautiful picture. Almost makes our park look... dare I say... ATTRACTIVE?!?!
:)

RKMeibalane
05-15-2003, 12:46 AM
It's nice to see Danny Wright put together a strong outing. Now, let's see if Bartolo Colon can follow this up with another good game tomorrow.