PDA

View Full Version : FRANK.....LOVE or hate him?

TheBigHurt
05-14-2003, 02:39 PM
FRANK'S a guy who you either love or hate .....THAT simple......ME of course I dont hate him BE GOOD

MetalliSox
05-14-2003, 02:58 PM
I'm 24 years old. I grew up on Frank. I don't remember a time he wasn't with the Sox. I have his rookie card and a bunch others. It's been sad to see his career decline like it has.
I don't get too attached to players, especially in today's market, but I love Frank...but only in a friendly, admirable kind of way.

FrankAMania is running wild!!!

Dan H
05-14-2003, 04:04 PM
I don't hate him, but I am tired of his whining. And that is not the media's fault. They don't put these stupid words in his mouth. I also don't think he is the hitter he once was. He can be imposing, but this is not the same Frank. Needs to grow up.

Hangar18
05-14-2003, 04:18 PM
Thats too bad we Didnt take advantage of the SMALL WINDOW you get when a Player Is GREAT. Its obvious Frank is on the decline now. Wouldve been great for him for the SOX to spend the money to get a Supporting Cast and gotten him that WS Ring.

1990 we were good, but not good enough
1991 we were good, but didnt spend
1992 we were good, but again didnt spend
1993 we were good, but didnt spend enough
1994 we spent the $$ got the 3 extra players we needed...
But the Strike Happened
1995 got rid of all the good players
1996 we were ok, but didnt spend
1997 we didnt spend
1998 bunch of rookies, didnt spend
1999 we stunk, but swept cubs
2000 we were Very Good. but didnt spend down the stretch
2001 we got Hurt, and didnt spend to offset losses
2002 we needed pitching, but didnt spend
2003 made key trades, but still didnt spend enough...started
terribly.......
AND THAT sums up Franks Career in CHicago. 2 almost chances,
the rest marked by non-spending/rebuilding years. terrible

Blueprint1
05-14-2003, 04:49 PM
Your 24 and you don't remember when the sox didnt have Frank? I am almost 24 and I can remember oh a number of years when the sox didnt have Frank. He didnt come up until late 1990

ChiSoxBobette
05-14-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
FRANK'S a guy who you either love or hate .....THAT simple......ME of course I dont hate him BE GOOD
I love the big guy , but I wish he would just concentrate on RBI's and HR's I don't think he'll ever be that .340/.350 hitter again.

GO WHITE SOX

MarqSox
05-14-2003, 05:27 PM
It's too simple to say love or hate ... I have conflicting feelings about him. Overall, I'd rather have him than not, but if they traded him today, I wouldn't protest too much, assuming they got market value.

Jjav829
05-14-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
It's too simple to say love or hate ... I have conflicting feelings about him. Overall, I'd rather have him than not, but if they traded him today, I wouldn't protest too much, assuming they got market value.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I don't love or hate Frank. But if they traded him and got what I thought was fair value, I wouldn't cry about it. Hell, for me that goes with any Sox player.

FanOf14
05-14-2003, 09:27 PM
I am more curious as to how many more times I will see the same poll this season...

TheBigHurt
05-14-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
I love the big guy , but I wish he would just concentrate on RBI's and HR's I don't think he'll ever be that .340/.350 hitter again.

GO WHITE SOX

I actully think that him concentrating on RBIe's and Homers is hurting him....I would rather have him hit: 340 30 100
THEN: 270 45 125 (WHICH is what he is going for, and what most fans want outta him) BE GOOD

Bisco Stu
05-14-2003, 10:08 PM
Greatest player in franchise history.

We Sox fans are lucky to have seen him play.

Trading/cutting him would be the worst franchise move since the Black Sox scandal.

He'd have more ribbies if players got on base ahead of him. All 8 HR's have been solo shots.

TheBigHurt
05-14-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
He'd have more ribbies if players got on base ahead of him. All 8 HR's have been solo shots.

MY goodness I never relized all his Homers were solo.....That explains why he has only 15 RBIe's, if I am not mistaken BE GOOD

MarqSox
05-15-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
Trading/cutting him would be the worst franchise move since the Black Sox scandal.

That's a silly assumption. What if he's hitting .150 at the All Star Break? What if KW could get, say, Barry Zito for him? I realize both of those scenarios are far-flung, but my point is, to say they should absolutely, positively keep him is a little much.

Bisco Stu
05-15-2003, 01:52 AM
I get your point. Though I expect him to be hitting over .280 at the break, and there's no way we'd get Zito for him...but I'm sure KW could get Todd Ritchie back for Hurt.

doublem23
05-15-2003, 02:08 AM
Since this is a black and white poll, I'll have to vote "Love Him" because of all he's done... Hell, if it weren't for Frank, Robin, Black Jack and that powerhouse-to-be of the early '90s, I don't even know if I'd be a Sox fan...

Still, like has been said umpteen million times, I'm not particularly attached to Frank. I wasn't even that upset when the Sox let Robin Ventura go, who is and always will be my favorite baseball player. Times got to change. I'd be a upset if Frank got dumped and found his stroke and had some monster seasons elsewhere, maybe won that ring he wants and when he got elected to the Hall wore their hat instead of ours... That would hurt (no pun intended).

TheBigHurt
05-15-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Since this is a black and white poll, I'll have to vote "Love Him" because of all he's done... Hell, if it weren't for Frank, Robin, Black Jack and that powerhouse-to-be of the early '90s, I don't even know if I'd be a Sox fan...

YUP, Frank brought so many Sox fans here......INCLUDING myself BE GOOD

Eddie Gaedel
05-15-2003, 02:10 PM
i don't see any reason to hate him. yes, he's done/said some stupid things but they're all off the field. although his numbers have gone down, that's no reason to hate. i think all the frank haters listen to and believe what the media says about him. like jm said, "guys that can write the most negative stuff get paid the highest."

Jjav829
05-15-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Eddie Gaedel
i don't see any reason to hate him. yes, he's done/said some stupid things but they're all off the field. although his numbers have gone down, that's no reason to hate. i think all the frank haters listen to and believe what the media says about him. like jm said, "guys that can write the most negative stuff get paid the highest."

I don't think there are many people who actually hate Frank. It's more a thing fabricated by the Frank Thomas lovers (aka the Frank Thomas Ass Licking Society) who can't imagine that Frank would ever do anything wrong. It's more convenient to them to just label the person as a Frank Thomas hater. This way they can convince themselves that the only reason this person is being negative about Frank is because they hate him, so they are always going to be negative about Frank. Apparently it is easier than actually realizing the truth.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-15-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
I don't think there are many people who actually hate Frank. It's more a thing fabricated by the Frank Thomas lovers (aka the Frank Thomas Ass Licking Society) who can't imagine that Frank would ever do anything wrong. It's more convenient to them to just label the person as a Frank Thomas hater. This way they can convince themselves that the only reason this person is being negative about Frank is because they hate him, so they are always going to be negative about Frank. Apparently it is easier than actually realizing the truth.

To the contrary, I think there are a lot of Frank haters because they nearly always overreach in their remarks trying to justify the the things they say about him. I would say that's a lot closer to "the truth" you speak of.

hose
05-15-2003, 10:33 PM

What the hell is the Frank Thomas Ass Licking Society?....

Jjav829
05-15-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by hose
What the hell is the Frank Thomas Ass Licking Society?....

I basically stole the idea from Boers and Bernstein (yeah yeah yeah). They came up with that when Jordan came back to the Wizards and they started getting a ton of ignorant calls. They refered to these people as the M.Jeff Ass Licking Society- basically people who were too blinded by ignorance to look at the truth. Or in other words, people who head there head so far up someones ass that they couldn't see reality.

hose
05-15-2003, 11:12 PM
I basically stole the idea from Boers and Bernstein (yeah yeah yeah). They came up with that when Jordan came back to the Wizards and they started getting a ton of ignorant calls. They refered to these people as the M.Jeff Ass Licking Society- basically people who were too blinded by ignorance to look at the truth. Or in other words, people who head there head so far up someones ass that they couldn't see reality.

Burns and Borestein shall show us the way :D:

Would it fair to refer to these people as members of the Burns and Boerstein Ass Licking Society?