PDA

View Full Version : KW's statement to the press

Paulwny
05-14-2003, 06:54 AM
From the AP:

. I like this job, but there are things about it I could do without," he said. "I'm fitting in very comfortably. I'm learning and hopefully will get better as time goes on. But I also have another job and that's the job of raising my kids."

http://www.canoe.ca/Slam030513/mlb_cws-ap.html

MHOUSE
05-14-2003, 08:52 AM
It's in the Tribune, on ESPN.com, and whitesox.com as well. Hopefully he's setting up the media and fans for resignation/reassignment. That's what it says to me, especially with the rumours last week.

Risk
05-14-2003, 09:11 AM
If KW resigns, One small step in the change of management, and hopefully one giant leap to turn around this season. Next in line, JM and Gary Ward.

Risk

Fridaythe13thJason
05-14-2003, 11:35 AM
His job is raising his kids? This tells me that he is going to resign soon and pretend it has to do with that. I'm never saying that having an absent parent is good, but his "kids" are 16 and 21. I'm not sure that there's a whole lot of parenting left to do there. They're pretty much adults.

Fridaythe13thJason
05-14-2003, 11:36 AM
Do the White Sox think any of the fans will believe him? Maybe the national media will find it true, but won't all of us know why he really resigned...he's not good.

His "kids" are 16 and 21...I think the parenting phase is over.

CHISOXFAN13
05-14-2003, 11:54 AM
I disagree with you. Parenting doesn't end at 16. The kid is a junior in high school, and he also has a 12 and 14-year-old.

DustyIsOverated1
05-14-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by SoCalUIC
Do the White Sox think any of the fans will believe him? Maybe the national media will find it true, but won't all of us know why he really resigned...he's not good.

His "kids" are 16 and 21...I think the parenting phase is over.

easy soCal, life ain't a beach when it comes to raising 5 kids like Kdubs. He get respect from me, i'll tell ya that much! :cool:

steff
05-14-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by DustyIsOverated1
easy soCal, life ain't a beach when it comes to raising 5 kids like Kdubs. He get respect from me, i'll tell ya that much! :cool:

From what I've heard he hasn't had much of a hand in raising them anyway.

valposoxfan
05-14-2003, 12:26 PM
OK I don't know about whether or not he had a hand in raising his kids or not and to tell you the truth it's none of our business, however as I was reading these things in the Trib this morning it struck me that this could be the beginning of the "family issues" that cause KW to step down. Very intriguing timing. Oh and by the way, I go to school with a kid who played against Plainfield every year in baseball and he said KW's kid was a decent outfielder and had speed but didn't have a great arm and didn't hit well at all. I know it's irrelevant but I thought it was interesting, especially since KW is thinking of moving now so that his son can continue to concentrate on baseball.

Clarkdog
05-14-2003, 02:19 PM
To me - and I'm only speculating - the press conference yesterday is the beginning of framing up a cover story for KW's termination as GM. Sox brass don't want a high profile firing, especially of the 16th(?) most influencial African-American in sports - who unfortunately is a micromanaging, politically motivated, below average baseball man. It's was an odd reason to call a press conference - espcially for Kenny - since he feels so strongly about team matters staying in the clubhouse - why wouldn't the same apply to his family?

Seems weird to me - and likely the "breakfast meeting" that he had with his wife will lead to a heart-to-heart with the Chairman and reallocation within the organization.

NC_sox_fan
05-14-2003, 03:10 PM
Steff, you heard right. KW has been coming to Winston-Salem on a regular basis since 1997. Only once has he brought his family. I expect his wife takes care of the kids LOTS more than he does.

LuvSox
05-14-2003, 05:58 PM
Being the product of a one parent household, I can honestly say that I wish from the bottom of my heart that I had a parent at home and one in a high profile job making enough money to send me to Duke. His kids should realize how great they have it and stop acting like punks.