PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Williams Weighting His Opitions...

DaGame2584
05-13-2003, 10:25 PM
I'm watching the Scrubbies vs The Brew Crew, and Chip just said that Kenny Williams is weighting his opitions between his family and his high pressured job.

Hopefully he'll resign! :) :) :)

LuvSox
05-13-2003, 10:31 PM
Why aren't you watching the Sox game?

TornLabrum
05-13-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by DaGame2584
I'm watching the Scrubbies vs The Brew Crew, and Chip just said that Kenny Williams is weighting his opitions between his family and his high pressured job.

Hopefully he'll resign! :) :) :)

Sounds just like what was being reported last week by Steff and others.

MHOUSE
05-13-2003, 10:41 PM
Yeah maybe those rumours were just taking time to work out. They interviewed KW b4 tonights game and he said the same about his family vs. his high-scrutiny job.

Lip Man 1
05-13-2003, 10:45 PM
Having his kids arrested would provide a convienent excuse so the organization could reassign him without looking like fools for hiring him.

All I can say is goodbye Kenny and don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way back to the farm.

Lip

gosox41
05-13-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Sounds just like what was being reported last week by Steff and others.

For what it's worth, I was talking to my connection to the team. He said both KW and JM will NOT be fired or reassigned this season. He didn't know anything about any reassignment to KW but did say KW is bummed about this past weekend. He left that as his caveat in case KW does decide to resign, but to the best of my sources knowledge no such deal has been signed as of tonight.

He also said that if anyone is going to be fired, it would be Gary Ward. But there are no urgent plans to do so right now.

Take it for what it's worth. Hopefully he's wrong.

Bob

TornLabrum
05-13-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Yeah maybe those rumours were just taking time to work out. They interviewed KW b4 tonights game and he said the same about his family vs. his high-scrutiny job.

I had two thoughts about the rumors in light of what happened this past weekend.

1) The incident in NC was just the tip of the iceberg, and there was some truth in the "family reasons" excuse as originally rumored.

2) Prof. Chaos had his kids steal that stuff so he could resign, hence the "misunderstanding."

For those humorless souls out there (and you know who you are, Professor), the second item was just a stray thought.

lowesox
05-13-2003, 11:05 PM
I really doubt anything is going to happen with Williams. I think all the rumous are a product of wishful thinking.

Right now, my first priority would be to get rid of Ward. And in a hurry. How terrible has our offence been. And we have a great replacement waiting in the wings at AAA. This is an easy decision.

LuvSox
05-13-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
Right now, my first priority would be to get rid of Ward. And in a hurry. How terrible has our offence been. And we have a great replacement waiting in the wings at AAA. This is an easy decision.

Oh yeah, bring him up! How cool would that be?

WhiteSoxWinner
05-13-2003, 11:23 PM
If they fire, Ward, that is fine, and probably called for. My concern with this move, and I have said it before, is that we have been down this road before when we fired Von Jousha. Yeah good move for a few weeks, but did we get to point B (let alone alone point C)?

If we fire Ward, great, but then management needs to be ready to pull some more triggers if that move fails. I'd rather shoot for a larger target to start, like the manager. KW did not pick JM, so I think he is owed one manager of his choosing. The sooner we start KW's manager, the sooner we can see if succeeds or fails. KW's fate will be tied to the next manager.

SoxxoS
05-13-2003, 11:50 PM
Does anyone know what KW makes a year for being GM?

When/if he resigns, is he going to be well off? Does anyone know his net worth?

Tragg
05-13-2003, 11:53 PM
Kenny's kids are out of diapers (well out of diapers) and he's in the prime of his career in a middle age. It would be silly for him to quit. (Not that I would complain)

npdempse
05-13-2003, 11:57 PM
During the game tonight on TV they showed a bit of him talking to the press about the Duke thing between innings. I didn't catch all of it, but he said something about being too caught up in the White Sox and not spending enough time as a dad and needing to have some serious conversations around the Williams household.

I don't know if it means anything, but the optimist in me hopes he's softening up the PR so he looks good when he steps down.

Is there a tag for crossing one's fingers?

duke of dorwood
05-14-2003, 12:00 AM
Sounds like Leave of Absence likely for KW with Roland Hemond assuming the position (sorry about the Animal House vernacular)

WhiteSoxWinner
05-14-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Sounds like Leave of Absence likely for KW with Roland Hemond assuming the position (sorry about the Animal House vernacular)

Quite alright. You should have seen the Phil Jackson press conference today. After a reporter asked about the blockage and the effect on his health, Phil responded with something to the effect of, "The blockage was cleared before it did any permanent damage. My organ is fine." After the reporters snickered and laughed, he noted that he was referring to his heart.

Hangar18
05-14-2003, 08:53 AM
I think we should NOT talk about this anymore. Were going to JINX this.....

MHOUSE
05-14-2003, 09:33 AM
This story is everywhere. Sounds like he's softening up the media with reasons before he gets canned/resigns. I hope something happens in the next couple of days about this.

whitesox.com (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20030513&content_id=318196&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp)

ESPN.com (http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2003/0513/1553372.html)