PDA

View Full Version : This should Cheer Sox fans up!


ssang
05-13-2003, 09:56 AM
Check out how our boy Kip Wells is doing with the Pirates (GREAT TRADE KENNY! You friggin' idiot, you!!!!). This came from ESPN.com today.

Bad luck plagued Wells again on Sunday night, as he failed to earn a victory despite a solid outing: 7 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 6 K. Wells now has the best BAA (.191) in the NL, the 10th most strikeouts in the NL and a worthy 3.16 ERA.


But seriously, that was the worst trade of all-time! Ken Williams traded 3 player (aged 24, 25 and 29) for a 30 yr old pithcer who posted an ERA over 5.00 in the NL!!! Needless to say, we all know what happened last year. Todd Ritchie was Jamie Navarro all over again, while Fogg and Wells flouished (Lowe was medicore). Anyways, I just wanted to remind everyone of how truly awful that trade was. We must not forget. I will never forget. Screw KW for this and the rest of his moronic deals. KW must go....NOW! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Kilroy
05-13-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by ssang
Todd Ritchie was Jamie Navarro all over again...

Slow down...

Saying Todd Ritchie was Jamie Navarro redeux is some kind of stretch. Ritchie sucked, but no way was he the kind of cancerous, puss filled, boil on the White Sox ass that Navarro was.

Hangar18
05-13-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
Slow down...

Saying Todd Ritchie was Jamie Navarro redeux is some kind of stretch. Ritchie sucked, but no way was he the kind of cancerous, puss filled, boil on the White Sox ass that Navarro was.

yes, Navarro sucked. But he hurt every time he got rung up.
I could tell the guy was trying, he just stunk. He gets my Credit
because in 1999, against the Cubs, He pitched MIGHTILY against the cubs and helped us GET THE SWEEP.

Hangar18
05-13-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by ssang

Bad luck plagued Wells again on Sunday night, as he failed to earn a victory despite a solid outing: 7 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 6 K. Wells now has the best BAA (.191) in the NL, the 10th most strikeouts in the NL and a worthy 3.16 ERA.

But seriously, that was the worst trade of all-time! Ken Williams traded 3 player (aged 24, 25 and 29) for a 30 yr old pithcer who posted an ERA over 5.00 in the NL!!!

***Sighs*** Just another in the Long and Growing List of reason on why KENNY MUST GO

xil357
05-13-2003, 10:19 AM
To what extent is Kip Wells' success due to his facing NL lineups?

I don't think that he would be performing quite as well if he were with the Sox as he is with the Pirates.

Just another example of why you don't trade pitching for pitching with a NL team. The pitcher you give up generally will do better, and the pitcher you get back will do worse than before.

That being said, Kip Wells sure would look good as the Sox 3rd starting pitcher, and the trade was horrible. PATIENCE, PLEASE

Hangar18
05-13-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by xil357
To what extent is Kip Wells' success due to his facing NL lineups?

I don't think that he would be performing quite as well if he were with the Sox as he is with the Pirates.

Just another example of why you don't trade pitching for pitching with a NL team. The pitcher you give up generally will do better, and the pitcher you get back will do worse than before.

That being said, Kip Wells sure would look good as the Sox 3rd starting pitcher, and the trade was horrible. PATIENCE, PLEASE

Excellent, EXCELLENT POINT. Kippy is having fun pitching against all of the Mediocre Talent over in the National League. Ask Todd Ritchie why he Turned down MORE MONEY, to go back to the NL ?? hmmmm, is it because you cant get away with BS in the AL ? Hes doing very well, maybe it wouldve translated into a decent year this year, but whats SHOCKING about this trade, was he traded 3 Good Arms for a .500 Pitcher. IN the NL, we shouldve at least gotten 1 cant miss prospect.....but then again, theres a reason Kenny is always getting SNOOKERED and Portrayed Badly in Books, INternet boards, and MLB Cirlcles.....

TheBigHurt
05-13-2003, 10:29 AM
SSANG, why the hell are you telling us this?????????

ssang
05-13-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
SSANG, why the hell are you telling us this?????????


I did it because I came across his stats thus far and it reminded me of how pathetic KW's trade was. And I wanted to point out that we should never forgive and forget this trade. KW must go and this must be pounded into all Sox fans' heads at all times!!!

Hangar18
05-13-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by ssang
I did it because I came across his stats thus far and it reminded me of how pathetic KW's trade was. And I wanted to point out that we should never forgive and forget this trade. KW must go and this must be pounded into all Sox fans' heads at all times!!!

I must agree with Ssangs Methods. Subtle... but very effective
heh heh

TheBigHurt
05-13-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by ssang
I did it because I came across his stats thus far and it reminded me of how pathetic KW's trade was. And I wanted to point out that we should never forgive and forget this trade. KW must go and this must be pounded into all Sox fans' heads at all times!!!

ALRIGHT, cant complain about that!!!!!!!! :) BE GOOD

Juan Pizarro
05-14-2003, 10:14 AM
Williams did make up for that deal a little, though, when he stole Marte from the Pirates.

MHOUSE
05-14-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Juan Pizarro
Williams did make up for that deal a little, though, when he stole Marte from the Pirates.

He sure did. What a steal.

gosox41
05-14-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Juan Pizarro
Williams did make up for that deal a little, though, when he stole Marte from the Pirates.

That Ritchie trade could screw this team up for 5-10 years. Intead of having to put up with Judy Garland and his 7+ERA, the Sox could have Wells/Fogg.

Imagine the depth the Sox starting staff would have, and the top 5 would all be quality:

Buehrle
Colon
K.Wells
Loiaza
Fogg

Havng Wright/Garland as back up would make this the best rotation in the AL Central.

Instead we're hoping Garland develops and Wright is over his arm trouble...that's 40% of the starting staff or a potential 400 IP that make a difference.

Bob

Blueprint1
05-14-2003, 12:06 PM
I dont think so

Buehrle Buehrle
Colon K Wells
K.Wells Fogg
Loiaza Garland
Fogg Wright- Biddle

If the trade was never made i think this would be our starting five. Why would we have picked up Loiaza if we had these five pitchers? Would we have made the trade for Colon maybe but it would have been less likely. Its hard to imagine that all the same moves would have been made if we didnt make that stupid trade last year. I really think that the Colon trade would never have happend. Do you think the Yankees would have helped us out if that were our starting five to begin with? I don't think so

Blueprint1
05-14-2003, 12:09 PM
okay that post looked stupid. What i was trying to do was this

Buehrle
Colon
K.Wells
Loiaza
Fogg

What I think it would look like if we didnt make that trade

Buehrle
K. Wells
Fogg
Garland
Wright-Biddle

gosox41
05-14-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
okay that post looked stupid. What i was trying to do was this

Buehrle
Colon
K.Wells
Loiaza
Fogg

What I think it would look like if we didnt make that trade

Buehrle
K. Wells
Fogg
Garland
Wright-Biddle

We may not have signed Loiaza, but then again the Sox did get him cheap. I'd have to thinkg the Sox would still trade for Colon, even with Kip Wells. All the Yankees wanted to do was make sure the Red Sox didn't get Colon.

Bob

TheBigHurt
05-14-2003, 02:25 PM
WELL, we did make that trade so why are we talkin about this...WELL, the answer to that is very obvious.....MORE Kenny Bashing.....OHH and ahh.....IF ifs and butts were candy and nuts well how does the song go........