PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Game Day Thread 5-13-03 White Sox vs Baltimore

Jjav829
05-13-2003, 08:28 AM
Use this thread and only this thread if you must post a comment about tonight's game. All other threads will be deleted! Otherwise, please join us in the WSI chat room (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/chat.php?s=) for a discussion of tonight's game.

Tonights game is at 7:05 cst with Esteban Loaiza against Omar Daal.

Unregistered
05-13-2003, 10:11 AM
A little bit early for pre-game, ain't it? :D:

LuvSox
05-13-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Unregistered
A little bit early for pre-game, ain't it? :D:

Jeez, Hawk hasn't even lost a few hundred grand on the golf course yet :D:

lostinlife28
05-13-2003, 10:22 AM
I'm going to the game tonight!!!!!!!! :smile: :) :) :) :smile:

Blueprint1
05-13-2003, 10:23 AM
I hope the warm weather is here and the Sox bats come alive for the season now.

Hangar18
05-13-2003, 10:33 AM
Isnt this a little early ?? heh heh. I was going to change my mind about going to the Game, this TEAM SICKENS ME. But since Loiaza is pitching, we have to support him. Since im going, we only need 54,999 more of us to make Jerry Manuel happy.....

ozzman
05-13-2003, 10:49 AM
ill be there as well

RKMeibalane
05-13-2003, 12:00 PM
If the Sox want to make a move, the time is now. They can begin their upward climb by winning tonight. The first three innings will be important in this game. If the Sox come out firing early, they should have no problem winning. If Daal manages to shut them down, then they're in trouble.

I'm hoping Manuel uses this lineup tonight:

2B- Jimenez
SS- Valentin
LF- Lee
RF- Ordonez
DH- Thomas
1B- Konerko
CF- Rios
3B- Crede
C- Olivo

MetalliSox
05-13-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Jeez, Hawk hasn't even lost a few hundred grand on the golf course yet :D:

:hawk
"They got a lot of money in Chicago."

hose
05-13-2003, 05:56 PM
Last time the White Sox scored in double figure was April 19th.

Look for a breakout tonight.

:sockem

balboner
05-13-2003, 07:44 PM
So far, just terrific execution by the Sox. Jimenez continues to show he's one of worst base runners in the majors, we still cant get a runner home from 3rd w/less than 2 outs, and Willie Harris is the worst starter in the major leagues!!!!!!! He's absolutely awful.

duke of dorwood
05-13-2003, 08:28 PM
And now its time for that new prime time reality show

"D'Angelo Jiminez stupid play of the Night"

LuvSox
05-13-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by balboner
So far, just terrific execution by the Sox. Jimenez continues to show he's one of worst base runners in the majors, we still cant get a runner home from 3rd w/less than 2 outs, and Willie Harris is the worst starter in the major leagues!!!!!!! He's absolutely awful.

Get off of Willie's back, he's a freaking all-star!

MHOUSE
05-13-2003, 08:45 PM
Loaiza is on cruise control mowing down these Orioles. Jimenez needs a lesson in little league baserunning DUHS! Picked off first when he would've scored on Frank's double and then overruns the bag? How stupid is....UGH! Also Harris get the f* outa here. He's stranded 4 RISP in two at bats with Ks. Wow he is bad. Should be at least 4-0. Lets hope Esteban can continue to Loa his ERA and win this game.

lowesox
05-13-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Also Harris get the f* outa here. He's stranded 4 RISP in two at bats with Ks. Wow he is bad.

I'm all for patience, but the way the Sox organization conduct themselves is downright stupid. There are decisions that we could argue about here, but find me one person that thinks Willie Harris and Gary Ward haven't had enough of a chance.

Kenny: When something is obvious - do it.

MHOUSE
05-13-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
I'm all for patience, but the way the Sox organization conduct themselves is downright stupid. There are decisions that we could argue about here, but find me one person that thinks Willie Harris and Gary Ward haven't had enough of a chance.

I'm all for patience so long as it's not losing us games or affecting the team negatively. Have Harris tear up AAA more before he gets back up. As I write this he singles up the middle in the 7th. LOL! :smile:

lowesox
05-13-2003, 08:57 PM
Great pitching again by Loaiza. Honestly, where would this team be without him. Just watching him pitching tonight, makes me angrier at our offense.

Hopefully, COlon will look good his next time out. I know Wright didn't have great numbers but I thought his first start back wasn't that bad -- at least something to work from. I guess what I'm saying here is that I hope the rotation rallies around Loaiza, and the offense rallies around the rotation.

RKMeibalane
05-13-2003, 08:58 PM

:KW

"I don't understand."

lowesox
05-13-2003, 09:00 PM
Here's what I can't understand. Harris is with this team for his speed right? So why are we bunting him over to second. Let him try to steal it!!! I'd much rather have Jimenez batting with harris on second and nobody out. Hell, bunt him over to third then.

MHOUSE
05-13-2003, 09:02 PM
Then our speed gets picked off. How many times are we going to get on and then get ourselves out? Grrrr!

lowesox
05-13-2003, 09:04 PM
Enter Tom Gordon. I'm nervous.

MHOUSE
05-13-2003, 09:15 PM
Enter Tom Gordon. I'm nervous.

But he strikes out two batters and works a good inning. Great sign stealing by Nosseck and good pitchout and throw from Olivo. Who's on for the ninth?

lowesox
05-13-2003, 09:16 PM
A 1-0 win would be perfect.

One for the win column. And one more reason to fire Gary Ward.

lowesox
05-13-2003, 09:24 PM
Will Billy Koch work the 9th inning?

WinningUgly!
05-13-2003, 09:33 PM

Wow.

delben91
05-13-2003, 09:34 PM

How about that, a 1-2-3 inning with 2 K's. To those who could see the game, did he have better velocity, or just better location? Or, best yet, both?

hose
05-13-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by hose
Last time the White Sox scored in double figure was April 19th.

Look for a breakout tonight.

:sockem

Had it called all the way :D:

LuvSox
05-13-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by hose
Had it called all the way :D:

Psychic readings by Hose

AngelLeroy
05-13-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by delben91
How about that, a 1-2-3 inning with 2 K's. To those who could see the game, did he have better velocity, or just better location? Or, best yet, both?

WCIU wasn't showing a gun reading, but the O's were late and waved at quite a few. Only one fastball was a bit of a mistake out over the plate and that was fouled back. The rest were in good locations. He also had a nasty breaking ball. He looked really good.

ozzman
05-13-2003, 11:17 PM
the gun at the game had most of his heaters at 97 with a few 95's tossed in there.