PDA

View Full Version : Thomas, not Manual should go...


pissonthecubs
05-13-2003, 01:44 AM
i have been with the best of them with the idea of letting the axe down on Jerry Manual, but after watching this past weekends series w/ the M's, and as much as we would love to see JM handed his walking papers, i think the one BIG cure, would be to let go of Frank Thomas. take the salary hit. i don't care. on sunday he showed that hes the king of the "late inning useless homerun." and his attitude and his comments as of late have be nothing short of crap. riding this team of Frank would be one of the best moves in quite some time. pleast get rid of the cancer in this clubhouse.

there is the old saying that you can't fire the whole team, but you can fire the manager (or coach). well this time the white sox need to go against that statement and fire a player. a pain in the ass player.


____________
"It takes hundreds of nuts to build a motorcycle, and just one in a car to wreck it."

Nellie_Fox
05-13-2003, 02:43 AM
Ahh. Another Frank basher.

I love how you guys think you know what's going on in the clubhouse enough to declare someone a "clubhouse cancer."

AngelLeroy
05-13-2003, 03:26 AM
I don't see how it was a "late inning useless home run." Any run that reduces the opposing team's lead is valuable, and hypothetically, if White didn't allow those extra 3 runs in, it would have helped tie the game. To state what many others have, Frank is not hitting very well, so he's frustrated (and it shows). He's still drawing a huge amount of walks and is seemingly always on base. He shouldn't be hitting #3, (I'd like to see him in the 6-9 range, so if he walks the lower 3rd can try to move him over and get him in.) but it's not his fault he's put in the wrong spot in the lineup.

Anyway, for anyone who wants to complain about Frank, make sure you also mention the other players who hit into double plays 75% of the time, or pitchers who throw BP, or players who commit stupid errors, or who aren't hitting for anything, or who just don't seem to give a crap. Otherwise it's unfair, and quite frankly a waste of board space.

TheBigHurt
05-13-2003, 07:36 AM
I think you (pissonthecubs) should leave with JM......THANK you very much :) BE GOOD

Iguana775
05-13-2003, 07:54 AM
never mind the fact that the team has no fundamentals, heart, fire. it's all franks fault! he is the one that is supposed to coach the team and fire them up.

TheBigHurt
05-13-2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Iguana775
never mind the fact that the team has no fundamentals, heart, fire. it's all franks fault! he is the one that is supposed to coach the team and fire them up.

AHH......IS this the same person who joined the FT club? :) ......ANYWAY the club obviously isn't working out BE GOOD

Iguana775
05-13-2003, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
AHH......IS this the same person who joined the FT club? :) ......ANYWAY the club obviously isn't working out BE GOOD

yep. :)

Rocky Soprano
05-13-2003, 08:35 AM
Frank Thomas stays! :gulp:

LuvSox
05-13-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by pissonthecubs
as much as we would love to see JM handed his walking papers, i think the one BIG cure, would be to let go of Frank Thomas. take the salary hit. i don't care.

Hey, while you're the CFO, can you do something about the price of those rubber ducks in gift shop. They're 8 bucks apiece, my daughter wants both of them.

Dadawg_77
05-13-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by AngelLeroy
He shouldn't be hitting #3, (I'd like to see him in the 6-9 range, so if he walks the lower 3rd can try to move him over and get him in.) but it's not his fault he's put in the wrong spot in the lineup.


who should be the number #3 guy then? Mags? Frank is outproducing him but may be Jose or Jimez could get to second quicker to prevent some DPs, Konerko with a .616 OPS the guy barely belongs on a major league team right now, Lee K ratio is going up again with and we are seeing a dramatic regression from the upward trend for him over the past couple of years. Frank best producer of runs on the Sox right now, whether it is with walks or hits, a run is a run.

MHOUSE
05-13-2003, 09:14 AM
Drop Thomas in the order. It worked for PK, why not Frank? Seemed to help last year somewhat. He can't keeping hurting us in the #3 hole b/c he's "Big Frank".

Jimenez 2B
Valentin SS
Maggs RF
Lee LF
PK 1B
Thomas DH
Crede 3B
Rios CF
Olivo C

Kilroy
05-13-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Drop Thomas in the order. It worked for PK, why not Frank? Seemed to help last year somewhat. He can't keeping hurting us in the #3 hole b/c he's "Big Frank".

Jimenez 2B
Valentin SS
Maggs RF
Lee LF
PK 1B
Thomas DH
Crede 3B
Rios CF
Olivo C

You must not be watching this team. Aside from Jimenez, there's not really any hole in the line-up that's not hurting us.

Hangar18
05-13-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Hey, while you're the CFO, can you do something about the price of those rubber ducks in gift shop. They're 8 bucks apiece, my daughter wants both of them.

Heh Heh heh

MHOUSE
05-13-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
You must not be watching this team. Aside from Jimenez, there's not really any hole in the line-up that's not hurting us.

I've watched or listened to every game and I know that they're all struggling. But Maggs hits now and then and PK is starting to warm up. If we could just spark a big inning or two or score 8 runs in a few games then they'd start to click. Thomas was drawing walks and hitting some to start the season. But now, aside from the odd homerun, he's not even walking or hitting otherwise. Pitchers were afraid of him and now they're just pounding inside and he can't hit it. Adjust Frank! That's why he should be moved down the order.

cheeses_h_rice
05-13-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by pissonthecubs
i have been with the best of them with the idea of letting the axe down on Jerry Manual, but after watching this past...

Would it kill you to learn to spell our manager of several years' name right?

It's Manuel. With an 'e'.

Thanks.