PDA

View Full Version : "Regime Change" aka Sox Fans Liberation

Hangar18
05-12-2003, 02:02 PM
We need this to happen. Everybody goes. Reinsdorf, Williams, Manuel. Ownership Group. Everyone. Then put out a deck of Cards with "Most Wanted" People on the south side. Ace of Spades would be Billy Beane

Hangar18
05-12-2003, 03:41 PM
Lets start this now by Giving Jerry Reinsdorf 48 Hours To Leave Comiskey/UsCellular Field. He must leave, take Kenny Williams and JErry Manual with him. Top leadership figures Howard Pizer, and Rob Gallas must also pack their bags. Regime change starts by 4pm Central Wednesday. Clean house. in fact Loot the place afterwards for any signs of their "leadership".

LuvSox
05-12-2003, 03:47 PM
I'm in. I'm going to the local recruiter right now. :army

Hangar18
05-12-2003, 03:52 PM
I'll Print up a bunch of Leaflets. we'll pass them out on 35th street, and over by the tracks. It will say something like this
"war" is not against Sox Fans or the workers there, but Against this evil Regime. theyve cost us much, including our old stadium,
a world series in 1994, our Dignity, Media Coverage.........

34 Inch Stick
05-12-2003, 04:03 PM
Niedermeyer? Dead!

Hangar18
05-12-2003, 04:04 PM
Lets think about it people. What REAL/Perceived chance do we have as Sox Fans of seeing a WINNER, not just an over .500 team here? This team has gotten CLOSE twice. thats it. ANd one of THOSE times, they threw in the season (94) . Throw in a bunch of OK years, a few really bad ones, and a couple of "disappointing" years, and next thing you know, 22years
have gone by the wayside. And thats the best they could do?
Regime Change. Its our only Real Chance.

LuvSox
05-12-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Niedermeyer? Dead!

:)

Hangar18
05-12-2003, 04:09 PM
What are the chances the A's just let Beane walk away, because they think hes getting too much "credit"? What are the chances a Sandy "Koufax" type, gets passed over by other teams, to "FALL" into our laps in the upcoming draft? What are the chances that a decent manage will inexplicably become "available" to us (and NOBODY else wants him) like a Joe Torre?? What are the chances of the media suddenly getting into our corner and backs this regime change??

LuvSox
05-12-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I'll Print up a bunch of Leaflets. we'll pass them out on 35th street, and over by the tracks. It will say something like this
"war" is not against Sox Fans or the workers there, but Against this evil Regime. theyve cost us much, including our old stadium,

SOS Save Our Sox!

How about collecting some dough while handing out the leaflets, a newspaper ad would get attention.

1951Campbell
05-12-2003, 04:12 PM
:reinsy
"This is Information Minister Baghdad Jerry speaking. There is nothing wrong with the organization! The Sox lead the AL Central by 7 games! Nothing to see here!"

hose
05-12-2003, 04:53 PM
We need this to happen. Everybody goes. Reinsdorf, Williams, Manuel. Ownership Group. Everyone. Then put out a deck of Cards with "Most Wanted" People on the south side. Ace of Spades would be Billy Beane

I watched the Magnificent Seven this weekend.

All we need is 7 guys that "deal in lead" :cool:

or 6 guys and one real bad ass chick. :D:

dllrbll7
05-12-2003, 05:05 PM
Even though this is something we all know i just thought i would back it up even more here. I have a reliable source that says one of the members of the organization with plenty of pull($$) that as long as the organization is making money nothing will be done. He did not come straight out and say this but it was very much implied throughout the convo.

Procol Harum
05-12-2003, 05:10 PM

Better yet, t-shirts for the "White Sox Fans' Liberation Front" w/ a gnarly logo on the front and "Regime Change at 333 W. 35th St. Now!" written on the back.... :D:

ScottyTheSoxFan
05-12-2003, 10:25 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=184679
"JR will rule for 10,000 years and many hours after that. Long live the king"

LuvSox
05-12-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
Better yet, t-shirts for the "White Sox Fans' Liberation Front" w/ a gnarly logo on the front and "Regime Change at 333 W. 35th St. Now!" written on the back.... :D:

How about one of those Che Guevara shirts with a Sox logo on his beret like this Nike one:

Procol Harum
05-12-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
How about one of those Che Guevara shirts with a Sox logo on his beret like this Nike one:

There ya go. Unfortunately, I'm afraid the folks at 333 W. 35th and at the corporate offices of MLB would frown upon the use of the Sox logo. Maybe make it a baseball cap and put the Chicago skyline in the background. :cool:

Hangar18
05-13-2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by LuvSox

Hey Man, the Che Guevara thing is an EXCELLENT IDEA....
I might have to start Looking into that one....