PDA

View Full Version : What to do? trades, firings, anything goes

JUGGERNAUT
05-12-2003, 02:09 PM
Trade block bats:
Maggs, Koney, Jose, Garland, Wright, Loaiza, Colon, Buerhle, Daubach, Rios, Crede, Graff, Thomas, Harris

Trade block arms:
Koch, Gordon, White

Firings: JM, KW, JR
- includes all staff surrounding them

If possible would like to see
1-Jose, 2-Jimenez, ss-new guy, 3b-crede, c-Alomar/Olivo,lf-Lee, rf-Maggs,cf-new guy

bench: Graff, new guy, new guy

rotations: Colon, Loaiza, new guy, new guy, new guy

bullpen: Koch, Marte, Glover, Wunsch, Ginter/new guy, Sanders/new guy

firings:
I would like to see a complete house cleaning from JR down to Ward. I willing to endure a losing season for a house cleaning.

South Sider
05-12-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by espnjohn1
Trade block bats:
Maggs, Koney, Jose, Garland, Wright, Loaiza, Colon, Buerhle, Daubach, Rios, Crede, Graff, Thomas, Harris

Trade block arms:
Koch, Gordon, White

Firings: JM, KW, JR
- includes all staff surrounding them

If possible would like to see
1-Jose, 2-Jimenez, ss-new guy, 3b-crede, c-Alomar/Olivo,lf-Lee, rf-Maggs,cf-new guy

bench: Graff, new guy, new guy

rotations: Colon, Loaiza, new guy, new guy, new guy

bullpen: Koch, Marte, Glover, Wunsch, Ginter/new guy, Sanders/new guy

firings:
I would like to see a complete house cleaning from JR down to Ward. I willing to endure a losing season for a house cleaning.

Great Post and good choices

I'd rather would keep Buehrle instead of Colon
Then I also would dump off G A R L A N D
I also would trade for Lee, Koch and Alomar
Jose should be playing DH vs RHP and sometimes 1st Base
Give Daubach some more playing time until he shows what he can do for this team
Bench players to keep: Rios & Graff
Harris ------ back to AAA
Sanders ------ back to AAA
Borchard ------ bring him up
Ginter ------ bring him up
Jimenez on 2nd only until we have better options
(I miss durhams bat and speed really bad)

CHISOXFAN13
05-12-2003, 02:53 PM
Not sure why you guys want to dump Sanders? The guy has a 2.57 era.

MHOUSE
05-12-2003, 04:31 PM
Ok....

trade/release Rick White
trade Koch or somehow get him back to form
demote Wee Willie
have Sandy retire and become a bench coach
fire KW, JM, and Ward

I think Lee is tradeable and Thomas too if someone would take him off our hands.

1st-PK 2nd-Jimenez SS-Jose 3rd-Crede LF-Maggs CF-new RF-Borchard eventually C-Olivo

Graffy, Rios/Rowand, Daubach, new guy

One of Buehrle or Colon is tradeable. We need at least one ace. Yankmees would take Colon for someone. Mark doesn't want to be here and plus he's all over the place. If St. Louis were willing to give us a LH bat like Drew or Marrero and throw in Simontacchi then I would part with Lee, Garland or even my guy Buehrle unless he can become himself again. Garland is without a doubt tradeable for almost anything.

Buehrle/Colon
Loaiza
Wright
new guy (Simontacchi)?
Rauch? Stewie?

Sanders LHP/Ginter RHP in long relief (young guys)
Wunsch LHP/Gordon RHP in middle innings/set-up
Marte LHP closing
Glover can do anything out of the pen and he's the 6th guy.

That's my take in general. I would take a losing season this year if it would help the sox clean house and start over. We need to keep a core though and I think Maggs and PK are it. Young guys like Jimenez, Crede, Olivo are the future role players. I think we have the makings of something, we just need the management to make it work. If the bums (lazy clubhouse cancer) can be rid then maybe we can get these young guys going. Bottom line changes MUST be made ASAP!

MHOUSE
05-12-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
Not sure why you guys want to dump Sanders? The guy has a 2.57 era.

I agree. He looked good yesterday in a two-inning stint and he has had one bad outing of six. Not bad for a young guy. I didn't know much about him, but I like the kid. Keep it up David!

lowesox
05-12-2003, 04:43 PM
Guys, I think anything more than a minor acquisition for CF would be a major mistake by the WhiteSox. Most of our players are at their lowest possible value, and all possible trading partners would probably offer little in return.

Tragg
05-12-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
Guys, I think anything more than a minor acquisition for CF would be a major mistake by the WhiteSox. Most of our players are at their lowest possible value, and all possible trading partners would probably offer little in return.

I agree with you - this is not the time to trade. Can you imagine having KW in charge of an unloading effort AND when the players are at the bottom of their value (and that case is not inconceivable come July)?
We'd probably end up with a roster full of 36 year old minor league veterans he nabbed in deals.

MRKARNO
05-12-2003, 11:09 PM
These are all reactionary overblown trade ideas. If you want to see a whole new team, go watch the Cubs.

A trade or two might be helpful, but never in baseball has what you propose ever occured. A firing of a coaching staff member or all of them might be in line (Bruce Kimm is a good third base coach)

Thunderstruck30
05-13-2003, 09:43 PM
How about moving Valentine to DH and trade Thomas for a good shortstop? Or trading Thomas for a centerfielder and put Graffaninio at short?

Daver
05-13-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
How about moving Valentine to DH and trade Thomas for a good shortstop? Or trading Thomas for a centerfielder and put Graffaninio at short?

Frank can't be traded,and there is no on the roster named Valentine.

MHOUSE
05-13-2003, 09:47 PM
How hard is it to remember Valentin? Just lose the last E people. He's not St. Valentine. Frank won't be traded, who would want him? Graffy isn't an everyday player and his glove is as bad at SS as Jose's.