PDA

View Full Version : Food Service & Sox Management...Is there a Link?

Hangar18
05-12-2003, 11:20 AM
Ive noticed this, very slowly at first, but gaining steam the last couple of seasons. The Workers at comiskey are Very Lazy, SLOW, and Generally Inefficient. With the exception to the dark haired girl that works the Brat Stand over by 3B (shes been there a few years at least) Ive never noticed how bad theyre getting til only this year. Service has always been ADEQUATE (there was room for improvement yes) but the last few years, they have gotten SLOWER, theyve gotten "SURLIER" and to be Honest, they Look SAD most of these People, as if the teams on-field Woes have spilled up into the concession Stands. That New Stand in CF, iS BRUTAL. Its only been 3 Homestands and Already I dont buy from over there. They just dont seem to care, they never have enough people working the booths causing Long LONG lines for minimal orders (1 1/2 Inning for a hot dog? crazy) Are they simply reflecting the attitudes of our Management? Last homestand pretty much set me off with the Waiting 25 minutes for a hot chocolate (there was barely anyone at the park) and buying a Cold Brat WITH NO ONIONS.

Hangar18
05-12-2003, 11:24 AM
I have the feeling The workers arent being treated nicely, and thats reflecting in the very INEFFICIENT service were seeing.
And In my WORLD, an ITALIAN SAUSAGE comes on an ITALIAN ROLL, hence the Italian ROLL. IT WAS INVENTED FOR THAT PURPOSE. To be SERVED WITH AN ITALIAN SAUSAGE.

34 Inch Stick
05-12-2003, 11:25 AM
Vendors have always been pleasant to me. The reason they are slow is becuase they are understaffed. The reason they are understaffed is because attendence is low.

Foulke You
05-12-2003, 11:36 AM
I haven't had too much trouble this year with Sox vendors. They are usually pretty nice to me. Some of the lines on Opening Day were long because of the rain delay and the large crowd but other than that I haven't had too much trouble. Maybe I just pick the good food stands? :D:

My favorite Sox vendor goes to the old guy who sells programs near home plate on the 100 level. It wouldn't be a Sox game without hearing "HEY NOW! LINE UP!" in the concourse.

Viva Magglio
05-12-2003, 11:37 AM
As a split season ticket holder who often goes to the concessions, I have never had a problem with them.

whitesoxwilkes
05-12-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
As a split season ticket holder who often goes to the concessions, I have never had a problem with them.

Viva, what split package do you have? We need to meet for a cold one sometime.

LuvSox
05-12-2003, 12:31 PM
I usually don't have problems. But it would figure that the Reinsdorf Regime would choose the lowest bidder, no matter how the service. I work with a guy who used to be a vendor. He says the food service folk are union & they pay hefty dues. Maybe some of the surly ones aren't happy with their situation. I agree, the older gentlemen selling programs and the girl at the brat stand are great

Brian26
05-12-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
My favorite Sox vendor goes to the old guy who sells programs near home plate on the 100 level. It wouldn't be a Sox game without hearing "HEY NOW! LINE UP!" in the concourse.

Man, that guy has been there for years. He's been there at least since new Comiskey opened. He was probably at the old park too.