PDA

View Full Version : Garland changes

MHOUSE
05-12-2003, 09:37 AM
According to the Tribune Garland has been made the 5th starter and they'll skip his next start. It will be Loaiza, Wright, and Colon against the Orioles and then Buehrle, Garland, and Loaiza at the Twins. He was available in the bullpen Sunday and even started throwing at one point. Sounds like JM has made some changes in the rotation for the better. Hopefully this will prompt Jon to turn it around.

Sox Notes (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20030511&content_id=315217&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp)

CHISOXFAN13
05-12-2003, 09:43 AM
I'd rather have Garland pitch against the O's so the Sox couls send Colon, Buerhle and Loaiza against the Twins.

Hangar18
05-12-2003, 09:53 AM
Wait. Didnt you just say Garland was being Skipped in the rotation? then that means hes pitching Saturday against Minnesota? Great. Im going to drive 400 Miles, to watch the Sox get their Asses Kicked again. Why am I not happy about that?

lowesox
05-12-2003, 12:00 PM
I think this is a genius move. Garland has always pitched well out of the bullpen. Maybe he'll have one or two good outings and have some confidence built up for the twins game.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-12-2003, 12:34 PM
The Jon Garland arbitration eligibility clock is ticking. I say we send his weenie ass down to Charlotte where he'll get regular work and a unmistakable warning: You'll never get back to Chicago until you demonstrate the ability at AAA to use your brain--rather than your arm--to get hitters out.

I'm sick of the Chicago White Sox being the defacto training team for everybody else's future major league talent.

:jon
"Putting me in the bullpen or making me #5 won't ever wipe this stupid smirk off my face."

MHOUSE
05-12-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
I think this is a genius move. Garland has always pitched well out of the bullpen. Maybe he'll have one or two good outings and have some confidence built up for the twins game.

agreed. this is the first (although somewhat obvious) step in the right direction. accountability and change. keep the ball rolling and fix this team!

MRKARNO
05-12-2003, 04:27 PM
Send Garland to another city. I'm sick of him, I'd rather see Rauch or Porzio make some real progress instead of that fool

MHOUSE
05-12-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Send Garland to another city. I'm sick of him, I'd rather see Rauch or Porzio make some real progress instead of that fool

Why has Porzio not been mentioned as a starting candidate? IIRC he's in his late 20s and I didn't know much about him except he was cover for Wunsch at the beginning of last season. He seemed to do all right when we were way out, but as a reliever. Has he always been a starter, but was coming out of the 'pen last year? or is this a new thing they started trying this season? Anyways, his numbers look good in AAA why not give him a shot. Garland isn't the answer I'm beginning to think.