PDA

View Full Version : Now that that is over

Blueprint1
05-12-2003, 09:29 AM
Well the sox are done playing the best in the AL for a while. What is nice is that the Royals and the Twins Play Seattle and Oakland after they play eachother. This week will tell us how the rest of the season is going to go for the Sox. They can pack it in and finish being close to a .500 team or they can turn it around. The games in a Minn are going to also be a big test.

Hangar18
05-12-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
Well the sox are done playing the best in the AL for a while. What is nice is that the Royals and the Twins Play Seattle and Oakland after they play eachother. This week will tell us how the rest of the season is going to go for the Sox. They can pack it in and finish being close to a .500 team or they can turn it around. The games in a Minn are going to also be a big test.

This actually wont help us. In a previous thread, I stated (to some boldly) that we needed to go 19-9 this month (figuring KC and Twinkies would have a little trouble this month) that wouldve been enough for us to CATCH KC. However, seeing how Weve Stumbled and Bumbled our way to this point in May so far, not only have we not gained anything, we lost a few more games, and allowed the Twins to get ahead of us also. This Season is Done.

Hangar18
05-12-2003, 09:54 AM
This Week will tells us Nothing. We needed to win games Before KC/Minny started playing Oak/Seattle so that we could GAIN ON THEM.

Blueprint1
05-12-2003, 10:05 AM
Well were not better than Oakland or Seattle. Yes it would have been nice to win games against them now we have to hope that we beat worse teams and KC & Minn lose to Oakland and Seattle like we did.

ChiSoxBobette
05-12-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Blueprint1

I would'nt look for the twinkies to just fold up when they play the A's & Mariners they've been taking care of everyone they've played since we took 2 out 3 from them and our team supposedly turned the corner. The twins are a much better team than our White Sox in all departments of the game. Plus they have a manager who takes no crap from his players and it also looks like they have an owner who even though this team was supposed to be moved out of Minn. is giving the team enough support to now it looks like they're going to catch the Royals. On the otherhand our Sox have a manager who in the paper today is setting us fans up to take all of the blame with his comment about he's sure 55,000 fans will show up Tuesday vs the O's and give the team a standing ovation. A STANDING OVATION THIS TEAM ACTUALLY WANTS US TO CHEER THEM after watching them get slapped around again. I really thought that after they came back the other night with Colon on the mound and beat the Mariners that was the turning point for us. But to get 2 hitted the next day by Jamie Moyer and lose 7-2.This team has so many holes in it it looks like swiss cheese HOW I/WE COULD HAVE EVER BELEIVED THAT THIS TEAM WAS A CONTENDER ONLY GO'S TO SHOW YOU HOW GOOD A SALESMAN OUR OWNER IS. Speaking of our owner where the hell is the guy. I suppose we won't be hearing from him until after the All-Star break when WHITE FLAG 3 or 4 or whatever it will be occurrs and we're giving away Colon, Buehrle, Crede & Borchard for career minor leaguers and being told that we got top prospects. THIS YEAR IS OVER LETS START HOPING WE HAVE NEW OWNERSHIP NEXT YEAR BECAUSE REINSDORF CAN CARELESS ABOUT THE SOX!
:angry: -WHITE SOX FANS
:?: -JERRY MANUEL
:?: -KENNY WILLIAMS
- OUR OWNER NOWHERE TO BE SEEN

:gulp: - HERES TO NEXT YEAR AND MAY WE HAVE AN OWNER WHO WANTS TO BRING US SOX FANS A CHAMPIONSHIP

cheeses_h_rice
05-12-2003, 10:42 AM
I've seen exactly *nothing* to indicate that this Sox team is going to do anything special this year.

My approach to the Sox players is: "Come on and show me what you can do. Until you can prove your mettle on the field, why should I care what happens to you guys?"

IMO, the season's already over. There is something very, very, very fundamentally wrong with this team.

Hangar18
05-12-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I've seen exactly *nothing* to indicate that this Sox team is going to do anything special this year.

My approach to the Sox players is: "Come on and show me what you can do. Until you can prove your mettle on the field, why should I care what happens to you guys?"

IMO, the season's already over. There is something very, very, very fundamentally wrong with this team.

unfortuneately, every move Kennys made (except the Marte trade, that was a good one. Jimenez is ok, but we need more from his position) has Sucked.

cheeses_h_rice
05-12-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
unfortuneately, every move Kennys made (except the Marte trade, that was a good one. Jimenez is ok, but we need more from his position) has Sucked.

I still applaud KW's moves this past offseason. It's the players I put more of the blame on.

Procol Harum
05-12-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

Like the hole in center field, the ? of whether or not Jose is the solution at SS, doubts about whether or not Crede is ready to be a real full-season contributor at 3B, questions at 2B and behind the plate, and a non-performing bullpen. Add to that a questionable starting pitching staff 3 thru 5 and the fact that our #1 starter Buerhle has gone South and suddenly can't seem to find home plate and you've got trouble in River City. Worse yet, when you begin to look at our lack of hitting and speed you begin to get a general feeling that perhaps the ONLY position at which this team is set is RF. Hardly a championship team, hardly a .500 team.

This team needs to be refurbished from the owner on down through the surly food workers--the only "must-keeps" in my book are Magglio, Buehrle, Nancy Faust and Herm Schneider.

Hangar18
05-12-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Procol Harum

This team needs to be refurbished from the owner on down through the surly food workers--the only "must-keeps" in my book are Magglio, Buehrle, Nancy Faust and Herm Schneider.

I was going to start a thread on the "surly" food workers. with the exception of the beer booth vendors and the girl who works the Bratwurst Stand 3B side, all the rest of them are WAY TOO SLOW. thats ridiculous. The New CF stand, you realize it costs almost 5 bucks for a Brat, but its all wrapped in a cold bun, and No Onion ("we dont have any onions out here") to the other CF stand, where, for 5bucks, you can get an Italian Sausage on a HotDog bun!!! I told them (correctly according to fans behind me) that Italian Rolls go with Italian Saus, not hot dog buns. I was told "We cant serve them that way". Whats next (obviously cost cutting moves if you ask me) Charging For the Mustard on the DOGS? And why does it take these old ladies FOREVER to get me a Hot Chocolate? Ridiculous. One person should be taking THE MONEY, the other should be filling the ORDER. I think the INEFFICIENCIES end up making them SURLY, which explains everything.

Procol Harum
05-12-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I was going to start a thread on the "surly" food workers. with the exception of the beer booth vendors and the girl who works the Bratwurst Stand 3B side, all the rest of them are WAY TOO SLOW. thats ridiculous. The New CF stand, you realize it costs almost 5 bucks for a Brat, but its all wrapped in a cold bun, and No Onion ("we dont have any onions out here") to the other CF stand, where, for 5bucks, you can get an Italian Sausage on a HotDog bun!!! I told them (correctly according to fans behind me) that Italian Rolls go with Italian Saus, not hot dog buns. I was told "We cant serve them that way". Whats next (obviously cost cutting moves if you ask me) Charging For the Mustard on the DOGS? And why does it take these old ladies FOREVER to get me a Hot Chocolate? Ridiculous. One person should be taking THE MONEY, the other should be filling the ORDER. I think the INEFFICIENCIES end up making them SURLY, which explains everything.

A worthy subject, indeed. I've got my own speculations about some of the source of this whole problem, but the bottom line is that the service in the ballpark is generally--not totally, but generally--inefficiently organized, slow after that, and sulky to boot--and getting worse over the past few years. Your observations about service this year is particularly telling because it ain't like they've been dealing with huge crowds and a crushing work load.

Unregistered
05-12-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
I really thought that after they came back the other night with Colon on the mound and beat the Mariners that was the turning point for us. Congrats, ChiSoxBob. You've called out the 50th ''turning point" of the 2003 season!
It's funny how after every win or slightest sign of life, we're foolish enough to really think that this team is going to just start winning again. Taking 2/3 from the Royals, Taking 2/3 from the Twins, getting swept by the Mariners, the threat of JM getting fired - these are all supposed "turning points" in the season... truth is, these guys are playing like they would rather be doing something else. Nothing seems to affect them, they say things like "I don't know, it's just not clicking" while our fearless manager tries to get a good sound byte in. This team flat-out BLOWS. :o:

MisterB
05-12-2003, 12:07 PM
...but the bottom line is that the service in the ballpark is generally--not totally, but generally--inefficiently organized, slow after that, and sulky to boot--and getting worse over the past few years.

Sounds like they're just taking their cues from the Sox players... :D:

cheeses_h_rice
05-12-2003, 12:11 PM
A worthy subject, indeed. I've got my own speculations about some of the source of this whole problem, but the bottom line is that the service in the ballpark is generally--not totally, but generally--inefficiently organized, slow after that, and sulky to boot--and getting worse over the past few years. Your observations about service this year is particularly telling because it ain't like they've been dealing with huge crowds and a crushing work load.

The service at most of the food stands at Comiskey is worse than the Post Office. You've got a menu with maybe 8 different food items on it and a choice of extras like beverage, chips, pretzels, etc. and it still takes about 2-3 minutes to serve one person. That kind of thing should be automatic -- have one person take the money and pour drinks, the other person prepare and box up the food. In and out. How hard is that?

Kilroy
05-12-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Congrats, ChiSoxBob. You've called out the 50th ''turning point" of the 2003 season!
It's funny how after every win or slightest sign of life, we're foolish enough to really think that this team is going to just start winning again.

That happens because everyone wants to be the one to have pointed at "the moment". Truth is, no one knows when or why it will happen, and after it does and someone picks out a "moment", no will really know if that moment had anything to do with it at all.