PDA

View Full Version : Monday Morning

Viva Magglio
05-11-2003, 10:23 PM
Monday is an off day making that the perfect time to make any kind of move, whatever that may be. However, don't you get the feeling that nothing substantial will happen at all? Come Tuesday, Jerry Manuel will still be the manager. Kenny Williams will still be the general manager. Gary Ward will still be the hitting instructor. And so on and so forth.

Management from Jerry Reinsdorf on down is so stubborn and so hell-bent on upholding the infability in its own mind that it would stick with the status quo despite fan and media pressure to make changes. If you plan to sit by either the Score or ESPN Radio 1000 tomorrow and eagerly await "Jack from Bucktown, we have to let you go because George Ofman is in with some breaking news" or "Baseball Insider Bruce Levine has learned...," all I can say is don't hold your breath.

baggio202
05-11-2003, 10:32 PM
one move has to be made tomorrow..aaron miles is hitting 349 and leads charlotte in homers...the past two seasons he has hit 322 in a pitchers league in AA and now is hitting 349 in AAA...this kid brings the exact kind of fire and energy that olivo brings...bring him up here and p[lay him somewhere...somebody has to spark this pathetic group of losers..might as well be a 27 year old 5'5" rookie that struggled all the way through the minors for years trying to prove himself but never gave up or stopped believing....maybe his enthusiasm will rub off on some of these overprived fat asses that forgot about how good they really have it..

as for williams..well the sox have the perfect excuse...kenny takes a position of lessor responsibility to deal with family problems..perfect..

if we dont make moves tomorrow...just think of it as reinsdorf not giving a damn about the fans..again

MHOUSE
05-11-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
one move has to be made tomorrow..aaron miles is hitting 349 and leads charlotte in homers...the past two seasons he has hit 322 in a pitchers league in AA and now is hitting 349 in AAA...this kid brings the exact kind of fire and energy that olivo brings...bring him up here and p[lay him somewhere...somebody has to spark this pathetic group of losers..might as well be a 27 year old 5'5" rookie that struggled all the way through the minors for years trying to prove himself but never gave up or stopped believing....maybe his enthusiasm will rub off on some of these overprived fat asses that forgot about how good they really have it..

as for williams..well the sox have the perfect excuse...kenny takes a position of lessor responsibility to deal with family problems..perfect..

if we dont make moves tomorrow...just think of it as reinsdorf not giving a damn about the fans..again

Miles for Harris, I'm all for it.

gosox3072
05-11-2003, 11:20 PM
Maybe Miles can come and do to the sox what bayrns did for the A's, A young guy with some fire and excitiement is just what we need!! I got a good feeling aobut the next few weeks

SoxxoS
05-11-2003, 11:25 PM
I think you have to call up Miles, he is hitting a ton and deserves a shot. Willie Harris can get out, I've seen enough. The classic AAAA ballplayer, but he has speed and that all-important versatility.

Then you may ask, who is going to play CF? Well, Rowand is hitting .220 in AAA, so not him. I think that Borchard is the only real choice. He may not be ready, but he will play good D. Granted, he only has 2 homers, but that is no concern with a guy like Borchard. It's his time. If Cincy can put up with Adam Dunn, we can put up with Borchard, ESPECIALLY since we have a black hole in CF at the moment. What do we have to lose?

ShoelessFred
05-11-2003, 11:37 PM
aaron myles is our david eckstein plain and simple. he's a guy that's not the most talented but will give you every ounce he has on every single pitch. that kind of attitude is CONTAGIOUS.

dllrbll7
05-11-2003, 11:50 PM
I really dont think anything will happen tomorrow. My dad is going out to lunch with one of the Sox owners at noon so i really dont think he would be out socializing if something like that will be goin down. My dad also told him he needs to fire JM and he said that he didnt think so and got kind of defensive but offered Frank Thomas to him if he wanted a new employee

GASHWOUND
05-12-2003, 12:01 AM

Not saying Miles won't succeed bot these avg's are somewhat misleading to me, Harris was hitting over .400 down in AAA...But I'm still willing to bring up Miles, this offense needs something..bring back Bill Melton! We just need some offense!!

baggio202
05-12-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
Not saying Miles won't succeed bot these avg's are somewhat misleading to me, Harris was hitting over .400 down in AAA...But I'm still willing to bring up Miles, this offense needs something..bring back Bill Melton! We just need some offense!!

if we were playing good ball i wouldnt be calling for miles..but seems to be everything this team is lacking right now...we are so bad even if miles fails whats the difference???..he will just another in a long line on this team..but maybe , just maybe he could be that spark...

lowesox
05-12-2003, 12:26 AM
if we were playing good ball i wouldnt be calling for miles..but seems to be everything this team is lacking right now...we are so bad even if miles fails whats the difference???..he will just another in a long line on this team..but maybe , just maybe he could be that spark...

I think this team desperately needs to scour the junk pile for a true center fielder and replace Harris with whoever that is. As a matter of fact, I'm going to try and figure out who'd be available that would fit that bill. This team desperately needs somebody legit out there - if only for the bench.

DrCrawdad
05-12-2003, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Miles for Harris, I'm all for it.

SOS

Calling it "an interesting idea," Manuel said he would consider promoting 5-foot-6-inch sparkplug Aaron Miles, who's hitting .333 at Triple-A Charlotte with five homers in 16 games. Problem is, Miles plays only second base. - Cubune.

Jerry_Manuel
05-12-2003, 07:35 AM
Manuel wanted Miles here out of spring training, but we had to have Josh Paul. :angry:

DrCrawdad
05-12-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Manuel wanted Miles here out of spring training, but we had to have Josh Paul. :angry:

I'd like to have a spark plug on the team, but if Miles is the spark plug where do you play him? Jimenez has been hitting so do you sit him? Maybe you put Jimenez at shortstop, Miles at 2nd and platoon Valentin and Frank at DH.

Kilroy
05-12-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
I'd like to have a spark plug on the team, but if Miles is the spark plug where do you play him?

Stick him at third. Crede's D isn't so stellar that you forget about his lack of O.

DrCrawdad
05-12-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
Stick him at third. Crede's D isn't so stellar that you forget about his lack of O.

I don't like that idea, even though Crede has looked horrible at the plate recently. That last AB was brutal by Crede.

MHOUSE
05-12-2003, 09:43 AM
Jimenez at SS, Miles at 2B, Jose and Frank platoon vs. L/R at DH. Sounds good to me. Crede needs a chance to play and improve. His last at bat was a joke.

gosox41
05-12-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
I really dont think anything will happen tomorrow. My dad is going out to lunch with one of the Sox owners at noon so i really dont think he would be out socializing if something like that will be goin down. My dad also told him he needs to fire JM and he said that he didnt think so and got kind of defensive but offered Frank Thomas to him if he wanted a new employee

There's 60 owners. Only 1 makes a decision and doesn't really consult anyone on what he wants to do.

Bob

Viva Magglio
05-12-2003, 12:07 PM
Nothing should happen today. According to the Tribune, KW's sons have their court date in North Carolina. Obviously, KW will not be around for anything to happen.