PDA

View Full Version : Harris

CHISOXFAN13
05-11-2003, 09:57 PM
can go right back to Charlotte as far as I'm concerned.

Hell, send him back to Baltimore.

MHOUSE
05-11-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
can go right back to Charlotte as far as I'm concerned.

Hell, send him back to Baltimore.

I wouldn't go that far, but his AAA numbers aren't adding up to MLB play. He needs to go back to AAA and if this trend continues then he should be gone! We have Jimenez at 2nd and other options in CF which isn't even his freaking position. This has been a brutal experiment.

WhiteSoxWinner
05-11-2003, 10:18 PM
Yes, I agree. The Harris Experiment is over. I can't believe that it could take such a short amount of time to miss Aaron Rowand. Banish Harris to AAA for the rest of the season to see if he can be ready by spring training next year.

Daver
05-11-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSoxWinner
Yes, I agree. The Harris Experiment is over. I can't believe that it could take such a short amount of time to miss Aaron Rowand.

I will never miss Aaron Rowand,he is neither an MLB quality CFer or an MLB quality hitter.

WhiteSoxWinner
05-11-2003, 10:26 PM
OK, who would you rather have Daver, Harris or Rowand. And no, death is not an option.

Daver
05-11-2003, 10:27 PM
OK, who would you rather have Daver, Harris or Rowand. And no, death is not an option.

Joe Borchard.

WhiteSoxWinner
05-11-2003, 10:32 PM
No way. Keep him away from this train wreck. All we need is for him to spend a few weeks with this under-achieving bunch of mopes before he picks up on the same attitude.

Until this teams starts to make some progress, Borchard will not be the cure-all. I think him being around a team like this will do more to hurt him than to help him.

MHOUSE
05-11-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by daver
Joe Borchard.

The same Joe Borchard hitting .263 and an OBP of .288 with only 3 walks to 17 Ks at AAA? Doesn't sound like he's ready for the MLB based on that especially when Harris' .420 equates to .120 in the bigs. I know it's tough to compare MLB to AAA based on just stats, but Joe just doesn't look ready yet. I think Cliff Brumbough's stats are way better, but I dunno much about him. I miss Rowand.

lowesox
05-12-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by daver
Joe Borchard.

Joe Borchard is the direct opposite of what this team needs right now. A player who swings for the fences and strikes out? We have about 5 of those guys already. We need role players. I'll tell you who I miss - Chris Singleton. He wasn't that great a player, but he understood that he had a role.

CF's should get on base, steal bases, score runs, and play defense. Then after those four things, I'll take homeruns.

Until this team learns to manufacture runs, I don't want to see Joe Borchard anywhere near a WhiteSox uniform.

TheBigHurt
05-12-2003, 12:57 AM
I have a indiffernce opinion (I learned that word in school) BE GOOD sons

kermittheefrog
05-12-2003, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by lowesox
Joe Borchard is the direct opposite of what this team needs right now. A player who swings for the fences and strikes out? We have about 5 of those guys already. We need role players. I'll tell you who I miss - Chris Singleton. He wasn't that great a player, but he understood that he had a role.

CF's should get on base, steal bases, score runs, and play defense. Then after those four things, I'll take homeruns.

Until this team learns to manufacture runs, I don't want to see Joe Borchard anywhere near a WhiteSox uniform.

Yeah! This team shouldn't be about hitting home runs. That won't get you anywhere.

MHOUSE
05-12-2003, 10:26 AM
Bunting the man over and then singling him in will get you just as far as homeruns will. Taking huge homerun swings and popping out instead won't get us anywhere especially with RISP. Just hit a freaking SAC fly or a single.

:fireward

Hangar18
05-12-2003, 10:56 AM
Yes, I agree. The Harris Experiment is over. I can't believe that it could take such a short amount of time to miss Aaron Rowand. Banish Harris to AAA for the rest of the season to see if he can be ready by spring training next year.

Only reason I believe the Sox made this deal to get South Side Willie, was to save Face with Bobby "Millions of Dollars" Hill going to the Cubs. Bobbys going to get whats coming to him (karmas a funny funny thing) and SS Willie, well, lets just say I like him mostly as a pinch runner

Procol Harum
05-12-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
and SS Willie, well, lets just say I like him mostly as a pinch runner

There ya go--he'd be a great pinch-runner on a championship team--now if we can only get about 20 other players to go with him... :o:

Hangar18
05-12-2003, 11:23 AM
Speaking of South Side Willie, I saw something yesterday that told me He is NOT our Centerfielder. He was Going Back to catch Camerons drive, with Ichiro on First. Thats the one where he just dropped the ball. But what made laugh hysterically (in frustration) was the replay showed Cameron almost bumping into Ichiro, who was Getting Ready To TAG UP ON THE PLAY, from First to SECOND!!! How rare is that huh?
If that doesnt tell you that your being Disrespected as CF'er, I dont know what does. He wasnt on the warning track either, just deep in CF.