PDA

View Full Version : Marte nickname

MRKARNO
05-11-2003, 08:59 PM
I've got it!

Wall-Marte

MHOUSE
05-11-2003, 09:02 PM
He keeps rolling back the prices? I dunno there's nothing cheap about Marte. K-Marte makes more sense because of the strikeouts and blue-light special, but he deserves better from the WSI crowd.

MRKARNO
05-11-2003, 09:10 PM
I meant that more in this context:

Overpowering over the competition and the opponents hit the wall when they face him

MHOUSE
05-11-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
I meant that more in this context:

Overpowering over the competition and the opponents hit the wall when they face him

I'm sorry but I'm confused. :?:

WhiteSox = Life
05-11-2003, 09:15 PM
I just thought of this one. I don't know if it's been used by some other player before, or what the fellow WSI'ers think of it, but here we go...

Domino. It sounds similar to Damaso, first of all. More than that, he's the Domino that knocks down the opposition (especially when he knocks them out, i.e. a strikeout).

I think it's a pretty good nickname and could definitely stick. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I like it.

And, when he comes in to pitch at the Cell, the fans could hear a little Van Morrison.

What do you all think?

:)

MHOUSE
05-11-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
I just thought of this one. I don't know if it's been used by some other player before, or what the fellow WSI'ers think of it, but here we go...

Domino. It sounds similar to Damaso, first of all. More than that, he's the Domino that knocks down the opposition (especially when he knocks them out, i.e. a strikeout).

I think it's a pretty good nickname and could definitely stick. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I like it.

And, when he comes in to pitch at the Cell, the fans could hear a little Van Morrison.

What do you all think?

Not bad at all. Lets get a bunch of suggestions. K-Marte, Wal-Marte, Domino, what else?

WhiteSox = Life
05-11-2003, 09:53 PM
My friend, um... WhiteSox = uh, Living, says that Domino is a great nickname and should be the official/unofficial sobriquet for Marte.

:D:

whitesoxwilkes
05-11-2003, 10:23 PM
Damaso the Damager?

The Dam-inator?

kermittheefrog
05-11-2003, 10:39 PM
Damaso the Burninator? Okay so that doesn't work. I actually tried calling him K-Marte last year but it didn't really catch on. Maybe it will this year.

MHOUSE
05-11-2003, 10:41 PM
I like Dam-inator so long as it's pronounced with a long 'a' like Dahm then it sounds like dominator sort of.

idseer
05-11-2003, 10:50 PM
how about ... 'dom'? you know ... short for his name!

what IS it with the nickname mania? question. when it's totally contrived and planned out and run thru the ringer ... is it a nickname? or totally meaningless? :?:

WhiteSox = Life
05-12-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by idseer
how about ... 'dom'? you know ... short for his name!

what IS it with the nickname mania? question. when it's totally contrived and planned out and run thru the ringer ... is it a nickname? or totally meaningless? :?:

What nickname mania?

We're all just trying to come up with a good moniker for Damaso "Domino" Marte.

Besides, I don't think it's going through the wringer with everybody giving ideas. We'll see what sticks and what doesn't, basically, or if some perfect nickname *cough*Domino*cough* comes up.

Till then, Domino all the way.

Hangar18
05-12-2003, 01:44 PM
Damaso AUTOMATIC Marte. thats a name right there.

MetalliSox
05-12-2003, 02:16 PM
How about "The Mover"! Because he is carrying the load!

Iwritecode
05-12-2003, 02:31 PM
I don't remember if it's radio or TV that I keep hearing "Everyday" Marte. Of course that's a knock-off from the Twins closer...

MHOUSE
05-12-2003, 04:18 PM
We should consult Berman on this one. He had some great ones on baseball tonight last night.

ScottyTheSoxFan
05-12-2003, 10:58 PM
Everyday Marte.

yeah that is kind of a cheap rip of "everyday eddie" (a dumb name IMO)