PDA

View Full Version : What can we do? (Petitiion)

lowesox
05-11-2003, 06:44 PM
This team sucks. 2-4 isn't a good road trip. The WhiteSox management say they care what we think, but we keep calling for change and nothing is happening. And we keep losing.

Maybe we at WSI can do something to make a message. After all, we are the "die hards" aren't we? Maybe we could do a petition of some kind - that if the sox don't fire one of KW or JM by Tuesday then we won't buy tickets for the rest of the season. If enough people signed it maybe Phil Rogers could do a story about it. Maybe we the fans can make up for the laziness of managment.

Because I for one can't take this anymore.

MHOUSE
05-11-2003, 08:16 PM
Yeah because Reinsdorf puts so much stock in what the fans think.

hose
05-11-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
This team sucks. 2-4 isn't a good road trip. The WhiteSox management say they care what we think, but we keep calling for change and nothing is happening. And we keep losing.

Maybe we at WSI can do something to make a message. After all, we are the "die hards" aren't we? Maybe we could do a petition of some kind - that if the sox don't fire one of KW or JM by Tuesday then we won't buy tickets for the rest of the season. If enough people signed it maybe Phil Rogers could do a story about it. Maybe we the fans can make up for the laziness of managment.

Because I for one can't take this anymore.

The Sox fans at WSI do not reflect the typical White Sox fan . A handfull of diehards don't mean much to Reinsdorf. If you think I'm off base on this check out some of the polls that Reinsdorf has paid legitimate polling companies for the unbiased numbers to try and get an idea of just who are Sox fans. We can still come up with good ideas, but in the overall picture we are insignificant.

Radio shows like the Score don't represent the Chicago fan base either. The same people call into the Score over and over again. I can almost tell you the names of the callers for Julie Swieka's show on Saturday morning.

I'll go back to what Phil Rogers said about the White Sox in comparing them to the Twins . To get to the major league level with the White Sox a position player has to hit his way there. While Minnesota puts more emphasis on defense and a overall well rounded ball player. I have to blame the Sox player development for spitting out incomplete players.

The White Sox scouts are no dummies and they know what they have, so do other MLB scouts. Here is something I read from Sports Illustrated from another scout:

The question with the White Sox is whether their deficiencies are more a reflection of ineffective leadership by manager Jerry Manuel or the wrong mix of players.

"They've got too many guys that don't know how to play," one GM says. "They don't hit the cutoff man, they throw to the wrong base, don't run the bases well." A scout adds, "There's not a lot of energy on that team. They sit back and wait to have a big inning."

Before the promotion of center fielder Willie Harris, catcher Miguel Olivo was the team's fastest runner. ...

Of course it doesn't take a scout to point out such glaring weaknesses, plenty of WSI posters have been saying the same thing for a long time.

MarkEdward
05-11-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by hose

I'll go back to what Phil Rogers said about the White Sox in comparing them to the Twins . To get to the major league level with the White Sox a position player has to hit his way there. While Minnesota puts more emphasis on defense and a overall well rounded ball player. I have to blame the Sox player development for spitting out incomplete players.

Huh? Most of the Twins' prospects are sluggers who play on the lower end of the defensive spectrum. The Sox are the ones who invest in defensive, toolsy prospects, such as Humberto Quintero (well, up until last year), Jason Daellero, and Casey Rogowski.

Daver
05-11-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
Huh? Most of the Twins' prospects are sluggers who play on the lower end of the defensive spectrum. The Sox are the ones who invest in defensive, toolsy prospects, such as Jason Daellero,

Dellearo got cut a week ago.

MRKARNO
05-11-2003, 10:00 PM
most sox fans are non-cubs fans who like baseball and happen to not like the Cubs. If you look at the hats of the people at the stadium, you'll see just about every team in the majors represented

hose
05-11-2003, 10:16 PM
Huh? Most of the Twins' prospects are sluggers who play on the lower end of the defensive spectrum. The Sox are the ones who invest in defensive, toolsy prospects, such as Humberto Quintero (well, up until last year), Jason Daellero, and Casey Rogowski.

Are you trying in anyway to compare the Twins vs. Sox

Willie Harris vs . Torie Hunter ?

Carlos Lee vs. Jaque Jones ?

Valentin vs. Guzman ?

Konerko vs. Mankeshewitzvs?

Brian Daubach playing in the outfield is a complete and total joke.

The White Sox base running, execution, and decision making is woeful.

Our best base runner as Hawk and DJ constantly remind us of tried to steal third base Friday night and was thrown out by 25 feet killing a potential rally.

The Twins are a much better team defensively .

hose
05-11-2003, 10:21 PM
The Sox are the ones who invest in defensive, toolsy prospects, such as Humberto Quintero (well, up until last year), Jason Daellero

Should this be in teal?

Daellero has no chance of playing MLB. Why would even mention him?

MarkEdward
05-12-2003, 11:54 PM

Are you trying in anyway to compare the Twins vs. Sox
Willie Harris vs . Torie Hunter ?
Carlos Lee vs. Jaque Jones ?
Valentin vs. Guzman ?
Konerko vs. Mankeshewitzvs?
Brian Daubach playing in the outfield is a complete and total joke.
The White Sox base running, execution, and decision making is woeful.
Our best base runner as Hawk and DJ constantly remind us of tried to steal third base Friday night and was thrown out by 25 feet killing a potential rally.
The Twins are a much better team defensively .

(Sorry for the late reply)

You (well, Phil Rogers) stated that, in order to get to the major league level, Sox prospects must hit their way onto the MLB roster. You then went on to state that many Twins' players reach the majors based on their defensive credentials. My reply is that most of the Twins' prospects (Cuddyer, Restovich, Mohr, LeCroy) play on the lower end of the defensive spectrum.

I do agree that, on the major league level, the Twins are superior defensively. But to say that the Twins' farm system is defense-oriented is far-fetched.

Should this be in teal?

Daellero has no chance of playing MLB. Why would even mention him?

Wasn't Dellaero a first round pick? The Sox had a ton invested in him. This also proves my point that the Sox have a defense-minded farm system.

Daver
05-13-2003, 12:21 AM

Wasn't Dellaero a first round pick? The Sox had a ton invested in him. This also proves my point that the Sox have a defense-minded farm system.

No they don't,they have a minor league system built on nothing but pitching and hitters,show me one guy guy that is in the Sox system for his defensive skills,that they drafted before 2000.

Ron Schueler took what was given to him and ran it into the ground,and when he could no longer live off of Larry Himes' draft picks he was done.

Hangar18
05-13-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
most sox fans are non-cubs fans who like baseball and happen to not like the Cubs. If you look at the hats of the people at the stadium, you'll see just about every team in the majors represented

Really? What Stadium is this that your referring to? The House That Media Built toilet bowl up north or our Park?

Hangar18
05-13-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by daver

Ron Schueler took what was given to him and ran it into the ground,and when he could no longer live off of Larry Himes' draft picks he was done.

This should be WSI quote of the Day. Ive kind of made a mental note on how Schu packed his bags and is Quietly working for the Cubs now. How the Mighty Have Fallen....hes cursed now....

MarkEdward
05-13-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by daver
No they don't,they have a minor league system built on nothing but pitching and hitters,show me one guy guy that is in the Sox system for his defensive skills,that they drafted before 2000.

I'm sorry, they had a defensive-oriented farm system before Williams became GM. Anyway, wasn't Chad Durham drafted before 2000?

Honest question: is Casey Rogowski in the system for his defense? He doesn't seem to be much of a hitter. Also, I think he was drafted before 2000.