PDA

View Full Version : Booooooooooooooooo

MRKARNO
05-11-2003, 07:00 PM
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Fire Jerry manuel, I'm sick of this garbage. One day it looks like we're ready to right the ship, the next day a crappy performance. Buehrle walked WAY too many batters which lead to our loss (not to mention the sputtering offense.

I hope the media puts the heat on Jerry but I think we'll be stuck with this mediocre piece of sh*t team for a month at least. It didnt help that the lakers won. Sports are so depressing lately

Dan H
05-11-2003, 07:37 PM
Firing Jerry Manuel is not the only answer. Many people think that if the Sox just had better coaching from the bench, that will solve everything. It won't.

The usually jerky Steve Rosenbloom had a good point in his column today. He said that Williams should trade a starter like Thomas or Lee to shake the team up. And let everyone else know that more is coming if the ship isn't put on course. The down side to this logic is why should someone trade for a player who is having a slow start. What would you get? But I think it should be done anyway.

We should stop kidding ourselves. This team has more problems than Jerry Manuel. Someone needs to step up and no one has. The time for waiting has long passed. Manuel isn't the only one who needs to go.

Daver
05-11-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Dan H

The usually jerky Steve Rosenbloom had a good point in his column today. He said that Williams should trade a starter like Thomas or Lee to shake the team up.

The Sox can't trade Thomas,whether they want to or not.

MikeKreevich
05-11-2003, 07:55 PM
This team is underperforming. It's almost as if they want the manager fired. Another week of this lethargy and they may have a new boss.

RedPinStripes
05-11-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by daver
The Sox can't trade Thomas,whether they want to or not.

Becuase Thomas can refuse it being a long time veteran with the Sox, or is it in his new contract?

Daver
05-11-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Becuase Thomas can refuse it being a long time veteran with the Sox, or is it in his new contract?

I have no idea if his new contract still has a no trade clause.

Kilroy
05-11-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by daver
I have no idea if his new contract still has a no trade clause.

Doesn't matter. Thomas has the right to veto any trade because of his time spent in the league and on the same team.

idseer
05-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Firing Jerry Manuel is not the only answer. Many people think that if the Sox just had better coaching from the bench, that will solve everything. It won't.

The usually jerky Steve Rosenbloom had a good point in his column today. He said that Williams should trade a starter like Thomas or Lee to shake the team up. And let everyone else know that more is coming if the ship isn't put on course.

the problem with this logic is that it won't shake ANYone up!

i should imagine most players on this team would welcome a trade and new scenery. tell me ... would YOU want to stay on a team owned by JR ...handled by KW and managed by JM? it's not like these guys are white sox fans ya know. i'd think they be happy for to go.

MHOUSE
05-11-2003, 09:10 PM
Start with KW, then Manuel and Ward. We need to shake up everything we can. If we could force Reinsy to sell then do it (but we can't), but we need to make all the changes possible. I noticed in the WSI report that aside from Loaiza, our starters are TBA this week. Does this mean a trade could be in the works or some roster moves?

duke of dorwood
05-11-2003, 09:23 PM
6 games out, behind 2 teams, what a nightmare this has become.

Dan H
05-12-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by idseer
the problem with this logic is that it won't shake ANYone up!

i should imagine most players on this team would welcome a trade and new scenery. tell me ... would YOU want to stay on a team owned by JR ...handled by KW and managed by JM? it's not like these guys are white sox fans ya know. i'd think they be happy for to go.

Actually I wouldn't. However, I think some action needs to be taken, and just waiting for a winning streak isn't going to help.

My point is this: many of the Sox have been together for a long time and have not produced much. If you're not trading to shake things up, you should make some moves just to change things. And finally many players just don't like getting traded. It is a threat that can work.

lowesox
05-12-2003, 12:15 AM

The usually jerky Steve Rosenbloom had a good point in his column today. He said that Williams should trade a starter like Thomas or Lee to shake the team up. And let everyone else know that more is coming if the ship isn't put on course. The down side to this logic is why should someone trade for a player who is having a slow start. What would you get? But I think it should be done anyway.

We should stop kidding ourselves. This team has more problems than Jerry Manuel. Someone needs to step up and no one has. The time for waiting has long passed. Manuel isn't the only one who needs to go.

This team has talent but plays terribly. Standing pat is the only guarantee that things will continue at their same pace. Making a change is the only way we have a chance at rebounding.

ALSO: At this point WhiteSox wins are counter-productive, because usually they're book-ended by 2-3 wins on either side. Now when we win, people think "hey maybe they're coming around."

Brian26
05-12-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by idseer
would YOU want to stay on a team owned by JR ...handled by KW and managed by JM? it's not like these guys are white sox fans ya know. i'd think they be happy for to go.

Huh? If Reinsdorf was signing my paycheck, I wouldn't really be worrying about it too much. The bottom line is these guys are getting paid to perform like anyone else with a job. Some people don't like their boss, but they still suck it up and go to work.

Nellie_Fox
05-12-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Fire Jerry manuel, I'm sick of this garbage. One day it looks like we're ready to right the ship, the next day a crappy performance. Buehrle walked WAY too many batters which lead to our loss Yep. Definitely Manuel's fault that Buehrle walked guys.

idseer
05-12-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Brian26
Huh? If Reinsdorf was signing my paycheck, I wouldn't really be worrying about it too much. The bottom line is these guys are getting paid to perform like anyone else with a job. Some people don't like their boss, but they still suck it up and go to work.

my point was in reply to the idea that trading someone would shake up the rest of the team.
i still say it wouldn't. they'll get paid either way ... playing for the sox or someone else.

the guys who don't like their boss may 'suck it up' but they ALSO wouldn't mind being paid by some OTHER boss who might actually try to win something.