PDA

View Full Version : I hope Ward misses the plane ride outta there...

FanOf14
05-11-2003, 05:03 PM
Please be aware - this is a rant post - I just needed to release pent up emotions about this team.

This offense (and defense) is a complete and total joke. NO amount of good pitching could survive a game with this team and win. How in the good Lord's name did Willie miss that routine fly ball out there? How did Jiminez not catch a routine pop-up the other day? Why is he out there rather than Rios? Why can't Ordonez or Konerko hit anything when men are on (or when the bases are empty for that matter)? Konerko is hitting Clayton right now and that is ridiculous. Thomas and Ordonez look ok for a game or so and then choke for about 3. The entire team, especially Konerko and Ordonez can do nothing but hit into double plays when there are men on and/or in scoring position. The rest of them couldn't hit their way out of a paper bad and yet Ward still has a job. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

End of rant. Thank you and now back to your regularly schedule WSI.

MHOUSE
05-11-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
Please be aware - this is a rant post - I just needed to release pent up emotions about this team.

This offense (and defense) is a complete and total joke. NO amount of good pitching could survive a game with this team and win. How in the good Lord's name did Willie miss that routine fly ball out there? How did Jiminez not catch a routine pop-up the other day? Why is he out there rather than Rios? Why can't Ordonez or Konerko hit anything when men are on (or when the bases are empty for that matter)? Konerko is hitting Clayton right now and that is ridiculous. Thomas and Ordonez look ok for a game or so and then choke for about 3. The entire team, especially Konerko and Ordonez can do nothing but hit into double plays when there are men on and/or in scoring position. The rest of them couldn't hit their way out of a paper bad and yet Ward still has a job. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

End of rant. Thank you and now back to your regularly schedule WSI.

amen. I couldn't have commented on any of that better than you did. We need some changes around here.

ScottyTheSoxFan
05-11-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
We need some changes around here.

is it possible to overthrow reinsdorf and kw. us wsi'ers could run this team much better than those clowns. changes MUST be made ASAP.

MHOUSE
05-11-2003, 08:58 PM
A White Sox coup? Could we storm the "Cell"? LOL I agree tho. Changes NOW!

lowesox
05-11-2003, 11:38 PM
KW is such an ego. I honestly can't stand him. Why is he so petrefied of making a move that shows he made a mistake (like hiring Gary Ward)? Don't all GMs make mistakes? Wouldn't the mark of a good GM be to know when its time to say, "whoops I f@cked up there, time to fix it?"

KW is the kind of guy that buys a lemon, and instead of switching it for another car - pushes it to wherever he's going.

MHOUSE
05-12-2003, 12:13 AM
I agree. The fact that he makes comments and apparently tries to override Manuel and act like the manager just to cover his blunders is insane. How can people above him stand for it? His comment that Billy Koch is still our closer is ridiculous. Obviously Marte is getting into the crucial situations and Koch is doing mop-up. Instead of asking the manager (who is in charge of who closes games) KW acts like it's his call and is simply trying to keep everyone thinking his trade for Koch was a good one. Also running out Todd Ritchie for 15 losses last year when he was obviously hurting/sucking is another example. Either admit u messed up and fix it or STOP MESSING UP. God dang he makes me mad.