PDA

View Full Version : Where does our management stand

gosox3072
05-11-2003, 01:14 PM
A week ago we were all talking about firing Jerry Manuel and Kenny Williams, Most including me thought that this road trip would be the tinkerers last stand. But now that weve had a fairly successful (i would call 3-3 or 2-4 successful) road trip against some very tough teams who thinks that JM or KW will get the ax

MHOUSE
05-11-2003, 02:51 PM
Yeah I thought we might go 0-6 or 1-5 but the guys have surprisingly shown some life and we could go 3-3 with a series win. That might warrant a little leeway against an "easier" schedule coming up. I just hope we can either make changes and compete or get it together otherwise.

Lip Man 1
05-11-2003, 07:01 PM
You raise some interesting questions.

Considering how the Sox have played West of the Red River since 2000, 2-4 is pretty good (of course what does that say when fans are happy with that road trip record?)

Lip

Tragg
05-11-2003, 07:35 PM
I have a hard time calling 2-4, .333 ball, a successful roadtrip. Overall, we're 7-14 against teams with winning records (8-16 if the Orioles have a winning record - not sure). No matter how you look at it, that's .333 ball against the good teams. That doesn't cut it.

duke of dorwood
05-11-2003, 09:26 PM
Its the sloppy way they continue to play . If we palyed well and were 0-6 I wouldnt be as down on them as I am now.

lowesox
05-12-2003, 12:46 AM
Right now, I don't think this team has any management. Management implies a group of people whose job is to keep the players going in the right direction. What has our "Management" done since this team really started tanking?

Kenny Williams contribution was to give JM a vote of confidence. Which is in fact doing nothing at all - changing nothing. Other than that what has he done? Called up harris? Please.