PDA

View Full Version : Cliff Brumbaugh

Bucktown
05-11-2003, 03:19 AM
I am the first to point out AAA success is not an excellent predictor of major league success (see Willie Harris). But Cliff Brumbaugh has some excellent stats and isn't a name that you hear very often:

Avg: .366 (101 at bats)
HRs: 5
RBI: 16
SLG: .634
OBP: .429
Erorrs: 0
SO: 26

By comparison Bochard trails in every category but RBIs (18) and strike outs (17). Bochard also has 3 errors in 24 games which is unbelievable for an outfielder.

MarkEdward
05-11-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Bucktown
I am the first to point out AAA success is not an excellent predictor of major league success (see Willie Harris). But Cliff Brumbaugh has some excellent stats and isn't a name that you hear very often:

Avg: .366 (101 at bats)
HRs: 5
RBI: 16
SLG: .634
OBP: .429
Erorrs: 0
SO: 26

By comparison Bochard trails in every category but RBIs (18) and strike outs (17). Bochard also has 3 errors in 24 games which is unbelievable for an outfielder.

He's a career minor leaguer, but usable. If it were up to me, Harris would be in Charlotte, Rios in center, and Brumbaugh used as a fourth outfielder.

Also, how bad is Joe Borchard struggling? Three BBs in 99 ABs?!?

MHOUSE
05-11-2003, 02:48 PM
I was just looking at our AAA stats as well and was wondering about this Brumbaugh guy. He can't do worse than Harris. Borchard has 3 BB and 17 K in like 100 AB. Only 3 HR and 18 RBI. His average is sub .300 and if he has 3 errors then that's not good either. Doesn't sound like he's got it together yet. Perhaps another Joe Crede: it'll be better to just wait it out even though he might seem ready based on talent. But Harris shows that AAA numbers are hard to go on. We need to solve this 3rd-4th outfielder dealy soon.