PDA

View Full Version : Even a broken clock is right twice a day...or perhaps I hear a boy crying wolf?

1951Campbell
05-10-2003, 05:07 PM
Okay, there's been so much "inside information" here lately I can hardly stand it. Yes, if you say that KW, Ward and JM someday will not work for the Sox, you are right---after all, they'll all probably be dead in about 40 years, tops.

And then someone here will say "I told you my sources were right!"

Feh.

All I'm sayin' is, let's talk more baseball and less office politics. If you wouldn't vouch for the veracity of an "inside tidbit" you have with at least a C-Note, well, maybe it's not such a hot tip. If you happen to be JR's valet, well, then by all means post. But it's getting to be a "firing update" echo chamber in here.

TornLabrum
05-10-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by 1951Campbell
Okay, there's been so much "inside information" here lately I can hardly stand it. Yes, if you say that KW, Ward and JM someday will not work for the Sox, you are right---after all, they'll all probably be dead in about 40 years, tops.

Feh.

All I'm sayin' is, let's talk more baseball and less office politics. If you wouldn't vouch for the veracity of an "inside tidbit" you have with at least a C-Note, well, maybe it's not such a hot tip. If you happen to be JR's valet, well, then by all means post. But it's getting to be a "firing update" echo chamber in here.

You know, I'd love to talk about baseball, except the brand being played on the South Side stinks.

1951Campbell
05-10-2003, 05:25 PM
You know, I'd love to talk about baseball, except the brand being played on the South Side stinks.

Stinks? Daubach in the OF and Valentin's steal of 3rd? That's fundamental play, baby!

MRKARNO
05-10-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by 1951Campbell

Feh.

The sox are unwatchable and most people including me think that the answer has more to do with frontoffice politics than with the team itself