PDA

View Full Version : sleep

cheeses_h_rice
05-10-2003, 11:36 AM
One good thing about this year's Sox team is, I'm getting more quality sleep when they play games on the west coast.

As soon as Cameron knocked in runs 4 and 5 for the M's last night, I knew there was no way in hell *this* Sox team would ever come back, so I turned off the TV and went to bed. Got some good sack time in, too.

Lookin' for that silver lining....

TornLabrum
05-10-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
One good thing about this year's Sox team is, I'm getting more quality sleep when they play games on the west coast.

As soon as Cameron knocked in runs 4 and 5 for the M's last night, I knew there was no way in hell *this* Sox team would ever come back, so I turned off the TV and went to bed. Got some good sack time in, too.

I was IMing Aloha earlier today and he said the exact same thing and even came up with a new advertising slogan for this year: "Your 2003 Chicago White Sox: Better Than a Sleeping Pill."

cheeses_h_rice
05-10-2003, 12:04 PM
Ladies and gentlemen...your 2003 Chicago White Sox! Sponsored by Ambien!

hose
05-10-2003, 01:13 PM

The Sox are proving Newton's First Law of Motion:
When no force acts on a body, it will continue in a state of rest or uniform motion.

The team is in a coma.

Newton's Second Law of Motion:
When a force acts on a body, the motion of the body will change. The size of the change will depend upon the mass of the object and the magnitude of the applied force.

Nobody stepping up.

Newton's Third Law of Motion:
If one object exerts a force on another, an equal and opposite force, called the reaction force, is applied by the second object on the first.

This is where we want to be :D:

whitesoxwilkes
05-10-2003, 01:26 PM
I wish I could :) sleep through some of these games. But unfortunately, this writer must keep the midnight oil burning, paying attention to every detail, every pitch, every swing so I can bring you another one of my quality Totally Biased Game Recaps...

:)

ScottyTheSoxFan
05-10-2003, 01:38 PM

the sox hitters have been sleeping at the same time also

TornLabrum
05-10-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
I wish I could :) sleep through some of these games. But unfortunately, this writer must keep the midnight oil burning, paying attention to every detail, every pitch, every swing so I can bring you another one of my quality Totally Biased Game Recaps...

:)

Why not just write after each loss, "The Sox did their Sominex impersonation again tonight." It would save you a lot of work. :)