PDA

View Full Version : So, is it happening or not?

gosox41
05-10-2003, 12:00 PM
I was excited all week waiting to hear the news release of KW resigning. Have things changed? What;s holding things up? I would think that all the details of the money could have been worked out this week. Now KW is in NC watching his daughter graduate.

If it is supposed to happen, it's taking way too long as the Sox are slowly pissing their season away. After reading Cowley's article yesterday, I get the impression the players aren't doing the little things to help the team win because they know it means more KW. So now most of the players are playing for themselves, and winning appears secondary. I'm beginning to think that JM's incompetence is more a result of KW's meddling then it is cluelessness on JM's part. No wonder Jerry is talking about leaving the game if the Sox ever win a World Series. He's burnt out of dealing with all of the crap Williams causes by undermining his authority.

Kenny must go!!!!

Bob

Lip Man 1
05-10-2003, 12:07 PM
Not saying anything for or against the person who begin this report but I don't think it's going to take place. That would be a direct admission of a mistake by Uncle Jerry and his ego doesn't permit him to do things like that.

Now I can see Williams being reassigned after the season when perhaps the city's attention is turned to the continued failings and follies of the once proud franchise known as Da Bears. Reassigning can be couched to make the organization (re: Uncle Jerry) look good.

Stranger things have happened though, maybe they are waiting for the home stand.

Lip

ChiSoxBobette
05-10-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
I was excited all week waiting to hear the news release of KW resigning. Have things changed? What;s holding things up? I would think that all the details of the money could have been worked out this week. Now KW is in NC watching his daughter graduate.

If it is supposed to happen, it's taking way too long as the Sox are slowly pissing their season away. After reading Cowley's article yesterday, I get the impression the players aren't doing the little things to help the team win because they know it means more KW. So now most of the players are playing for themselves, and winning appears secondary. I'm beginning to think that JM's incompetence is more a result of KW's meddling then it is cluelessness on JM's part. No wonder Jerry is talking about leaving the game if the Sox ever win a World Series. He's burnt out of dealing with all of the crap Williams causes by undermining his authority.

Kenny must go!!!!

Bob

I don't think KW being fired, JM being fired or hearing from our Chairman is anywhere in the near future. This team is done and those supposed insiders who had all this information evidently don't know squat!I don't know whats going on in the clubhouse between KW,JM , The Coaches & The Players but one thing I do know our owner/ownership could care less about this team. Because if they did HOW IN THE WORLD CAN THEY SIT THERE AND LET US GET IN THE SAME SITUATION YEAR AFTER YEAR. I'm to the point of sending my weekend season tickets back because I think the GM & owner just pulled the wool over our eyes when they promoted this team as a challenger to the twinkies for this division. That 3 game set we had with the twinkies that everyone said finally woke us up , well the only team it woke up was the twins. They've gone on to win 9 out of 10 games & our team well just say our teams in the wait until next year mode already. I'd say by the All-Star break Colon will be with a contending team and KW will be playing up the abilities of all the rookie players he got for him. While our owner will be blaming us fans about having to trade Colon and whoever else because w don't come out and support the Sox. UNITL WE GET OWNERSHIP ON THE SOUTHSIDE THAT REALLY WANTS TO BRING A CHAMPIONSHIP HERE WE AS SOX FANS ARE DOOMED!
:angry: -WHITE SOX FANS
:sellreinsy - Could Care Less About What Us Sox Fans Think

MHOUSE
05-10-2003, 04:49 PM
Dump KW, Ward, and JM in that order. ASAP please!

MRKARNO
05-10-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Dump KW, Ward, and JM in that order. ASAP please!

Dump'em all at once

Jerry_Manuel
05-10-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Not saying anything for or against the person who begin this report but I don't think it's going to take place. That would be a direct admission of a mistake by Uncle Jerry and his ego doesn't permit him to do things like that.

Now I can see Williams being reassigned after the season when perhaps the city's attention is turned to the continued failings and follies of the once proud franchise known as Da Bears. Reassigning can be couched to make the organization (re: Uncle Jerry) look good.

Stranger things have happened though, maybe they are waiting for the home stand.

It's Einhorn doing most of the pushing here. The people like Steff who have reported the rumor aren't sure if he'll be leaving all together or just take another roll in the organization.

You know how the Sox are Lip, looking to get as little media attention as possible. The perfect time would've been Friday night, since they we're on the West Coast, and nobody reads the Saturday papers anyway.

Hangar18
05-10-2003, 05:31 PM
YUP, I'll be that KW does Leave and take another position, but the SOX will wait til the season is Lost before doing it, most likely come October, when were Watching the Yankees and Mariners in the Playoffs again.

gosox41
05-10-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
YUP, I'll be that KW does Leave and take another position, but the SOX will wait til the season is Lost before doing it, most likely come October, when were Watching the Yankees and Mariners in the Playoffs again.

If the Sox do wait that long then I hear that supposed 6 year window of opportunity to win slamming shut.

Bob

MHOUSE
05-10-2003, 10:45 PM
Any and all opportunity is wasted.