PDA

View Full Version : Someone, Stop This Fight

Hangar18
05-10-2003, 10:24 AM
The sox last nite jump out to a 2-0 Lead. Then Wright, who was absolutely horrible, pitches were all over the place, gives up the 2 runs to tie the game, you could See it in the Sox they Quit. Awful.

Hangar18
05-10-2003, 10:40 AM
Im going to Vent at this time. This season is Over. We are Currently 1-7 in a Month where I clearly Stated we NEEDED to go 19-9. We've allowed the Twins to pass us in the standings now also. 16-19. How god awful can this team continue to play? Im at wits-end here watching them do the same things, over and over and over and over and over. terrible situational hitting, horrible baserunning. how did we get this bad? Im convinced Carlos Lee is a DingBat. He hasnt figured out that you dont have to Swing for a HR every at bat. His game-ending strikeout on Thursday had to be his Worst At-Bat this season. Why isnt Durham in the lineup? we could use his speed and LEFT handed bat about now. Oh wait, we just let him walk away. Im glad Daubach is playing right now, keep him in LF for a week, see what happens. When is Kenny stepping down? This Team Quit. I dont care what the players say, they Quit. You can tell.
The Sox are going to have to realize their Pitching isnt as Great as they thought. Garland needs to sit in the bullpen thru the All-Star Break. Im going on a few Road-Trips this year, and Im Embarrassed this team isnt worth following. I wish the Media would quit wondering what little Darrens next move is going to be, that pesky little scamp! Isnt he the cutest thing youve ever seen? I want to know everything about him. Quick, Murph and the WCUB am670, can you please play more sound bites and snippets of this "Luncheon"/Cub LoveFest this week? ALSO, MURPH, can you ask Dusty more and more, what Darrens Favorite TV shows are? ANd what little Darren REALLY thinks of choi?

34 Inch Stick
05-10-2003, 11:25 AM
Give it till the end of the month before you give up. However, I am not overly optimistic.

thepaulbowski
05-10-2003, 03:16 PM
The Sox are toast, I've seen better situational hitting from college teams. After sitting through all three games against Seattle last weekend, I realized they don't care. The Friday game was the worst game of baseball I've ever seen. To wake and see Carlos Lee all over ESPN from tumbling to the ground just summarizes this season. They can't field, catch or hit. Besides those things, they are OK.

Wait til next year or the year after that.

Wait, maybe the year after that, too.

MHOUSE
05-10-2003, 03:46 PM
If no changes are made come June, then it's over. If they make some changes before then, give it another couple weeks. The way things currently are, we're not going to win anything.