PDA

View Full Version : Favorite song from "The Cell"

Thunderstruck30
05-10-2003, 12:34 AM
I know there was already a thread like this for Nancy Faust songs,
but what is your favorite song that is played at "The Cell"? It could be a Nancy Faust song, a song played before an at bat by either a current or past Sox player, or just any other song that is played.

My favorite is obviously Thunderstruck by ACDC. They played this song before every home game in 2000. They still play it every now and then. They played it during the rain delay last Sunday and played it during the Sox comeback win over the Cubs last year.

whitesoxwilkes
05-10-2003, 01:27 AM
What's the name of the Aaron Copland piece Nancy Faust plays during the stretch? That's my favorite.

Nellie_Fox
05-10-2003, 02:06 AM
I still am amazed at how quickly and happily you guys have accepted the name change. For me, it is not, and will never be, "the cell."

Have fun when U.S. Cellular changes its name, or gets bought up, and there are name changes to the ballpark every couple of years. They didn't give me any money; it's still Comiskey to me.

chisox06
05-10-2003, 02:42 AM
O-E-O MAGGLIO!!!

doublem23
05-10-2003, 10:50 AM
Personally I love it when they get to play "We Are the Champions", but that doesn't happen to often.

:reinsy
You want a perennial winner? Do you even know how much Queen charges us to play that song?

Thunderstruck30
05-11-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
I still am amazed at how quickly and happily you guys have accepted the name change. For me, it is not, and will never be, "the cell."

Have fun when U.S. Cellular changes its name, or gets bought up, and there are name changes to the ballpark every couple of years. They didn't give me any money; it's still Comiskey to me.

It always will be Comiskey to me too. But I occasionally call it "The Cell" just to keep up with the times.

TornLabrum
05-11-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
It always will be Comiskey to me too. But I occasionally call it "The Cell" just to keep up with the times.

Comiskey Park was torn down after the 1990 season.

Nellie_Fox
05-11-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Comiskey Park was torn down after the 1990 season. So what has this place been for the twelve years prior to becoming "US Cellular" in your world?

MRKARNO
05-11-2003, 01:39 AM
So what has this place been for the twelve years prior to becoming "US Cellular" in your world?

According to the organization it has been US Cellular Field since 1991

WhiteSox = Life
05-11-2003, 01:47 AM
Well, it's always great to hear the song Steam made famous after the final out of the game.

:)

TornLabrum
05-11-2003, 10:59 AM
So what has this place been for the twelve years prior to becoming "US Cellular" in your world?

Comiskey II.