PDA

View Full Version : Wally Backman = Next Sox manager?

Bisco Stu
05-09-2003, 06:18 PM
Gawd, I hope so!!! As the only Chisox/Mets diehard on the planet, I can't think of a better candidate to light a spark in this team. Love Bainesy, but he's just Ghandi II. My choice would be Bobby V, but JR ain't paying him. Wally, the sparkplug for the Miracles, can do the same for the Sout Sidars!!!

soxnut
05-10-2003, 10:02 AM
This team goes nowhere unless they play some "small ball", not "powerball". If Wally can't make them bunt and steal bases, and get a runner in from 2nd with no outs, then it doesn't matter who the manager is. As much as Ilike our guys, we have a bunch of dumb hitters on this team. If Wally can make them smarter, then fine, bring him in. Otherwise I doubt there will be any difference. :(:

Hangar18
05-10-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
Gawd, I hope so!!! As the only Chisox/Mets diehard on the planet, I can't think of a better candidate to light a spark in this team. Love Bainesy, but he's just Ghandi II. My choice would be Bobby V, but JR ain't paying him. Wally, the sparkplug for the Miracles, can do the same for the Sout Sidars!!!

Mets fan? man your not kidding, your the only one hehheh. I hate the Mets Simply because they keep wearing the black jersey. It looks HORRIBLE on them, and just makes them look like theyre trying too hard to get baseballs attention. Just wear the pinstripe uni, it looks good. Mets are Awful. Now back to the topic. can Backman hopefully make these IDIOTS get a run in from 2nd with NOONE OUT?????

Hangar18
05-10-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by soxnut
This team goes nowhere unless they play some "small ball", not "powerball". If Wally can't make them bunt and steal bases, and get a runner in from 2nd with no outs, then it doesn't matter...

Ive said this before, but Man, Letting Ray Durham Just walk away (without a legitimate replacement for his skills) Is hurting every day. Ray is the perfect #2 hitter. NOtice how dangerous he was with a Hitting kenny Lofton at the top of the lineup. they were unstoppable. all that SPEED (key word here) and their LEFTHANDED BATS helped. they let Ray walk away because he was "Expensive". fine let him go, but you better have Jonny Damon taking his place. The sox are getting whats coming to them........

soxnut
05-10-2003, 10:33 AM
I understand your thinking about Ray. but as Ray went, so did the Sox. To me he could be very inconsistent. How can a guy go from near .300 avg to .250 in the middle of the season. That kind of stuff pissed me off.

Hangar18
05-10-2003, 10:49 AM
yes. But losing your 2 fastest guys in the lineup, who also were batting back-to-back, and replacing them with Slower and more RightHanded bats, was sowing the Seeds of our own Destruction.
forgive my ignorance here, but I thought Jimenez was Way Faster than this. Why I wasnt too mad they let Durham just walk away. now that I see that hes "OK" as a leadoff hitter, but is noticably Slower is really hurting this team that wants to "manufacture" runs, but CLEE cant even spell the word Manufacture. M-A-N-U-F-A-C-T-U-R-E Carlos, try it.