PDA

View Full Version : Sox Traditions....Time to take them back


Hangar18
05-09-2003, 05:37 PM
Was just talking to a business contact in another city just now. He asked how the weather was. Told him great. He remarked that My Sox stink right now, but at least we have two teams here. I responded by describing to him my intense loathing and dislike for that other team and their fans. He said, well, that team does have some "traditions" such as Harry Caray and Singing Take Me Out To the Ballgame in the 7th Inning. I told him not to believe everything the Media tells him. This Media Cub Propoganda Campaign has got to stop. People believe now, thanks to the publication of LIES and Twisting the Truth, that these are Cub Traditions. I informed him that in fact, these are SOX traditions and the Cubs merely have "borrowed" this tradition and trying to pass it off as Theirs, much like everything else in their shameful existance. SO........
Im calling for Ken "Hawk" Harrelson, who has been involved with the SOX for many years, to Stand Up in the Middle of the 7th Inning, Tuesday May 13th 2003, and Take Back What Was Rightfully Ours............AND SING TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALLGAME FOR THE FANS

soxnut
05-09-2003, 05:43 PM
:hawk
you're what hurts :?:

soxnut
05-09-2003, 05:53 PM
I remember the season after Harry left, the Sox still did Take Me Out To The Ballgame, they had fans do it.

There was one guy, I think his name was Dan Nono, he was terrific, they asked him to do it the next game as well.

I was working for a promo co. a few years ago, and were were doing something at County Stadium. The Cubs ahppened to be there that night, and in conversation I had mentioned I was from Chicago..and a couple of the Brewers fans said "oh, you're the enemy tonight", I said "no I'm a Sox fan, I hope the Brewers win".....they were astounded. Everybody in Chicago loves the Cubs, don't they"

Well anyway, I think it would be cool if Hawk did it, or if they picked a fan. :smile:

Hangar18
05-09-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by soxnut
I remember the season after Harry left, the Sox still did Take Me Out To The Ballgame, they had fans do it.

There was one guy, I think his name was Dan Nono, he was terrific, they asked him to do it the next game as well.

I was working for a promo co. a few years ago, and were were doing something at County Stadium. The Cubs ahppened to be there that night, and in conversation I had mentioned I was from Chicago..and a couple of the Brewers fans said "oh, you're the enemy tonight", I said "no I'm a Sox fan, I hope the Brewers win".....they were astounded. Everybody in Chicago loves the Cubs, don't they"

Well anyway, I think it would be cool if Hawk did it, or if they picked a fan. :smile:

No no no. No Fans. Just HAWK. If they had fans do it, it would be just as LAME as the way the Cubs are doing it now.
LET THE CAMPAIGN FOR "HAWK IN THE 7th" Begin.....
hes just as Colorful and Just as much a CHARACTER as harry was

T Dog
05-09-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
No no no

You should have stopped there.

Thunderstruck30
05-10-2003, 12:16 AM
Dont u think the media would blame the Sox and/or Hawk for stealing the idea from the Cubs?

Viva Magglio
05-10-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
No no no. No Fans. Just HAWK. If they had fans do it, it would be just as LAME as the way the Cubs are doing it now.
LET THE CAMPAIGN FOR "HAWK IN THE 7th" Begin.....
hes just as Colorful and Just as much a CHARACTER as harry was

For God's sake, no.

Nellie_Fox
05-10-2003, 12:32 AM
It was Harry's schtick. He took it with him when he went back to his true love, the National League. It would be incredibly lame if the Sox tried to re-establish it at Comiskey now, after all these years.

Brian26
05-10-2003, 03:20 AM
Hey Guys,

Take it easy on Hangar. He's still coming off the "I'M F*CKING PISSED WE DONT HAVE A RED BRICK FACADE AT COMISKEY" rant from earlier in the week.

:smile:

jortafan
05-10-2003, 08:42 AM
Would somebody please explain to me just what is wrong with the way it is done now, with Nancy on the organ playing the song and the fans joining in, if they wish to? It might very well be the one thing the White Sox are doing right.

Hangar18
05-10-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Brian26
Hey Guys,

Take it easy on Hangar. He's still coming off the "I'M F*CKING PISSED WE DONT HAVE A RED BRICK FACADE AT COMISKEY" rant from earlier in the week.

:smile:

Hehh hehh

T Dog
05-10-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
It was Harry's schtick. He took it with him when he went back to his true love, the National League. It would be incredibly lame if the Sox tried to re-establish it at Comiskey now, after all these years.

We could also reinstate the tradition of having our main play-by-play guy talk incessantly about the Cardinals, friends from St. Louis and how the National League is superior. Holy Cow!

PaleHoseGeorge
05-10-2003, 07:58 PM
The Sox DID have somebody lead the singing of the seventh inning stretch until the late-90's. Then they brought in that insufferable jerk Joe Stephen to do his lame deejay schtick after Nancy's truncated organ rendition. When they finally dumped Stephen, they simply began playing loud music without a deejay "personality". That's how we ended up where we are today.