PDA

View Full Version : Koch for J.D. Drew


Hullett_Fan
05-09-2003, 05:03 PM
This may have been brought up in a previous thread...

But, I'd do this trade in a heartbeat...

Cards need a closer and have plenty of offense

Sox need a lefthanded bat.

Both players have some injury concerns.

TheBigHurt
05-09-2003, 05:06 PM
IZZY, as I heard is comin back in less then 2 weeks.........IM guessin you want JD to play Left....CENTER hopefully Borchard is called up....WHAT the hell are we waitin for anyways :?: BE GOOD

Hullett_Fan
05-09-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
IZZY, as I heard is comin back in less then 2 weeks.........IM guessin you want JD to play Left....CENTER hopefully Borchard is called up....WHAT the hell are we waitin for anyways :?: BE GOOD


Yeah, I think Izzy will be back in 10 to 14 days...but he may not be 100% for a while and anyways, they could still use a set-up man.

Maybe Wunsch and a prospect?? Just trying to come up with ideas to get a LH bat. He might be able to play CF.

Borchard is still K'ing quite a bit in Charlotte IIRC. Probably needs a few months...and this team needs help ASAP

Hangar18
05-09-2003, 05:18 PM
HEY, now this is an Excellent Trade. WE get to help ourselves, and hurt our enemy too (the cubs) I think Koch would do well in the NL.

SoxxoS
05-09-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
HEY, now this is an Excellent Trade. WE get to help ourselves, and hurt our enemy too (the cubs) I think Koch would do well in the NL.

Hes not doing well anywhere unless he fixes his mechanics and gets back throwing 95 and higher.

Dadawg_77
05-09-2003, 05:25 PM
If the cards would do it, its a done deal.

MHOUSE
05-09-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Hullett_Fan
Yeah, I think Izzy will be back in 10 to 14 days...but he may not be 100% for a while and anyways, they could still use a set-up man.

Maybe Wunsch and a prospect?? Just trying to come up with ideas to get a LH bat. He might be able to play CF.

Borchard is still K'ing quite a bit in Charlotte IIRC. Probably needs a few months...and this team needs help ASAP

Ah! Don't talk about trading Wunsch. He's the best reliever we have at the moment. Trade Koch, Garland, or Lee for a CF or other LH bat.

Vsahajpal
05-09-2003, 05:30 PM
You would be hurting your enemy (Twins) in the sense that you pick up a talented young hitter with gold glove ability. Taking Drew out of that lineup, and adding Koch to an already suspect bullpen would help the NL central.

The Cardinals would never make this trade.

Hangar18
05-09-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
You would be hurting your enemy (Twins) in the sense that you pick up a talented young hitter with gold glove ability. Taking Drew out of that lineup, and adding Koch to an already suspect bullpen would help the NL central.

The Cardinals would never make this trade.

hmmm, good point there

Hullett_Fan
05-09-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
You would be hurting your enemy (Twins) in the sense that you pick up a talented young hitter with gold glove ability. Taking Drew out of that lineup, and adding Koch to an already suspect bullpen would help the NL central.

The Cardinals would never make this trade.

True. That's why it might take Wunsch (though yes, he is our best reliever right now). But I've heard Drew can be had for the right deal and man, he'd fit nicely in our lineup. :D:

seventytwo
05-09-2003, 05:57 PM
I had a similar idea a couple of days ago. But mine was:

Lee
White (who had great success w/ the Cards last year)
Gordon (or whoever)

for:

Drew (LaRussa doesn't like him)
Ankiel (needs a change of scenery? worst case, we turn him into an outfielder---he can rake)

WinningUgly!
05-09-2003, 11:51 PM
Don't forget who Drew's agent is!

TheBigHurt
05-10-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Ah! Don't talk about trading Wunsch. He's the best reliever we have at the moment. Trade Koch, Garland, or Lee for a CF or other LH bat.

DON'T trade Garland...FOR many reasons the 2 biggest: WERE not going to get anything for him and he will (ive said this I dont know how many times) will have a solid season BE GOOD sons

baggio202
05-10-2003, 01:17 AM
to move koch as much as he sucks right now with his contract..
the only way to do it would be to package him up with another players thats a little better than the player youre getting in return because anyone takling koch off your hands is doing yo u a favor..

thats why on another thread i presented koch and hinel for boston SS prospect hanley ramirez...honel is equal to maybe rated a little higher..but thats we could use a real SS pr ospect and boston maybe could ressurect koch and anyone could use honel...

if you wanna move koch right now you have to almost pay the other team to take him...he's that bad and everyone knows it..

lee , konerko they almost fall into the same catagory..kenny did a hell of a job of putting the new GM (if it happens , fingers crossed) in a real bind to start his career...

Vsahajpal
05-10-2003, 01:23 AM
Hanley Ramirez was just removed from Boston's low-A ball team (Augusta) for disciplinary reasons; this is the 2nd time in 7 months that this has occurred.

baggio202
05-10-2003, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
Hanley Ramirez was just removed from Boston's low-A ball team (Augusta) for disciplinary reasons; this is the 2nd time in 7 months that this has occurred.

really??..well another boatload of talent about to be wasted on a 10 cent brain..nevermind then :D: