PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Roadtrips

Hangar18
05-09-2003, 02:18 PM
I believe next weekend, may 16/17, will join my cousins on a trip to Minneapolis to watch Garlands last start vs the Twins. I also want to go to Cleveland and see the Jake again (Clevelands a fun town to drink in. myself and like 9 other sox fans from chicago almost got into it with some Tribe fans in the Flats. GoodTimes!) Will also be on the West Coast LA for the Sox/Dodgers and possibly in Seattle in August for Mariners Trip.
Anyone else have plans similar to this? or want to tag-along?

thecell
05-09-2003, 02:19 PM
That's a great idea! I'd love to tag along sometime and help represent the South Side.

Nellie_Fox
05-09-2003, 02:28 PM
I've already got my tickets for the May 16th game at the Hump Dome.

Bobby Thigpen
05-09-2003, 02:28 PM
That sounds awesome. Someday I hope to be able to do that. My targets are NY, Boston, Texas, Detroit, and hopefully this summer KC and Minnesota. Unfortunately my financial situation is greatly hindering my grand visions :(: .

Paulwny
05-09-2003, 02:37 PM
If anyone is thinking of Toronto, Expedite Plus has purchased 20,000 tickets for the May 28th game against the Sox. Most seats are in the 500 level but a few thousand are in the 200 level. These tickets normally sell for $7- $21 cdn, they'll all be sold for $2 cdn, ~a dollar US.

thecell
05-09-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
If anyone is thinking of Toronto, Expedite Plus has purchased 20,000 tickets for the May 28th game against the Sox. Most seats are in the 500 level but a few thousand are in the 200 level. These tickets normally sell for $7- $21 cdn, they'll all be sold for $2 cdn, ~a dollar US.

and we can all get SARS

Hangar18
05-09-2003, 02:42 PM
NellieFox: we will be at the game Sat 17th for sure. Message me here, would be great to meet sox fans from the great white north.
will probably be about 5 of us.
Cell: hey ken (and wilkes and anyone else for that matter) get in touch, were basically driving at 7am straight there, renting a van, watch the game, spend the nite, and drive back next day.
Feel Free to tag-along.

Only Requirements are that you MUST wear as much SoxRelated paraphernalia as possible.
"You guys have cool stuff to wear" -Indians Fan at Jacobs Field 5/02

Hangar18
05-09-2003, 02:44 PM

Surgical mask Not Included

Paulwny
05-09-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by thecell
and we can all get SARS

And you'll be famous or infamous for transporting SARS to Illinois.

thecell
05-09-2003, 02:51 PM
I could be the next boy in a bubble...Hangar, I'm sure you can come up with a marketing ploy.

TheBigHurt
05-09-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Will also be on the West Coast LA for the Sox/Dodgers

HOPEFULLY, Hangar I'll see ya there :)BE GOOD

TheBigHurt
05-09-2003, 03:18 PM
And you'll be famous or infamous for transporting SARS to Illinois.
I am already famous for transporting SARS to Nassau County BE GOOD

whitesoxwilkes
05-09-2003, 03:30 PM
Hangar, Kris and I may be in Minny next weekend..she's from there. Depends on whether or not we get a good last minute fare...we'll let you know middle of next week, the fares are released Wednesdays.

Foulke You
05-09-2003, 03:49 PM
Sounds like fun guys. Bring back a sweep for me! Wish I could go but I don't have the cash or time. :(:

I know it is a ways off but I will be in Boston for the whole White Sox series at Fenway in September. Anyone else going to that one or am I going to be the only south side representative in Beantown? I'll need some backup at the Boston Beer Works :gulp: across from Fenway after the game :D:

Hangar18
05-09-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
HOPEFULLY, Hangar I'll see ya there :)BE GOOD

Excellent. Stay in touch with me, Im staying with a friend, shes in SanDiego actually, but is going to drive me around for the game with the dodgers that weekend...

Hangar18
05-09-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
Sounds like fun guys. Bring back a sweep for me! Wish I could go but I don't have the cash or time. :(:

I know it is a ways off but I will be in Boston for the whole White Sox series at Fenway in September. Anyone else going to that one or am I going to be the only south side representative in Beantown? I'll need some backup at the Boston Beer Works :gulp: across from Fenway after the game :D:

Say, that is also a trip Ive had my eye on, because its on a weekend and my Bday is that next weekend. We'll see if the greens available. Thing about that trip, is Hotels there are $$$$$$$$$$. We should start a White Sox Fan Hostel in all the American League cities, so Wsi members can make these trips heh heh Think Id need a "host" family for that trip heh heh

pudge
05-09-2003, 04:16 PM
I wouldn't mind sitting next to a Sox fan for a change in Seattle. Let me know if you wind up making that trip...

In the meantime, I'll pass along any ugly details from this weekend's series...

Foulke You
05-09-2003, 06:24 PM
Say, that is also a trip Ive had my eye on, because its on a weekend and my Bday is that next weekend. We'll see if the greens available. Thing about that trip, is Hotels there are $$$$$$$$$$. We should start a White Sox Fan Hostel in all the American League cities, so Wsi members can make these trips heh heh Think Id need a "host" family for that trip heh heh

You are quite correct, hotels in Boston are pretty expensive. The best "deal" I found was at the Harborside Inn of Boston which is right near Faneuil Hall smack dab in the middle of town. It is a pretty nice hotel and is centrally located near the "T" (Boston's version of the L) and it is only a mile and a half away from Fenway Park (or as they say in Boston, Fenway Paahk :D: ) But I use the term "deal" loosely. It was a deal compared to the other hotels in the area. Expect to pay at least $120 and up per night to stay within the city limits. You can get better deals on hotels just outside of Boston like in Revere, Mass but then you have to work out transportation to the games. I stayed in Revere, Mass last year for the White Sox/Red Sox series but had to take a cab to the nearest "T" stop and then take a train to the ballpark. Overall, it was about an hour to go to and from the park. It'd be great to have some ChiSox backers there! White Sox hostels...I think you are on to something here. :D:

whitesoxwilkes
05-09-2003, 07:10 PM
Just checked Orbitz...there's a $114 fare from Chicago to Minny. Booking it right now. Plenty of seats left at the Humpdome too...twins tix are so cheap!

Hangar18
05-10-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
Just checked Orbitz...there's a $114 fare from Chicago to Minny. Booking it right now. Plenty of seats left at the Humpdome too...twins tix are so cheap!

Wilkes, thats excellent. I just confirmed this morning, this roadtrip is on. I will see you up there, obviously, keep your phone on. Wish this team didnt suck so bad. OH, someone please watch on TV, and see if WGN or FOX shows any sox fans in the stands. $100 bucks says THEY DONT. they never do.

thecell
05-10-2003, 12:35 PM
Hangar...looks like I may be able to tag along. I'll keep you updated.

Nellie_Fox
05-13-2003, 01:42 AM
Re: Friday night at the Humpdome. I'll be in Section 116, Row 29, seats 17 & 18 (no, I don't occupy two seats. The wife will be in the other one.)

Hangar18
05-13-2003, 01:34 PM
ARent you from Minny area??? a bunch of us are coming up there, why dont you get us your info so we can Meet up with our favorite Twinkie fan? Maybe you can let us crash at your place and we'll break some furniture and drink til the sunrises too.....heh heh

Daver
05-13-2003, 01:37 PM
ARent you from Minny area??? a bunch of us are coming up there, why dont you get us your info so we can Meet up with our favorite Twinkie fan?

You forgot to ask Ma-Gaga.

uksoxfan
05-13-2003, 04:18 PM
Wilkes, thats excellent. I just confirmed this morning, this roadtrip is on. I will see you up there, obviously, keep your phone on. Wish this team didnt suck so bad. OH, someone please watch on TV, and see if WGN or FOX shows any sox fans in the stands. $100 bucks says THEY DONT. they never do.

Sunday's game is live on TV over here, so make sure you get on screen & give me a wave :gulp:

Re. road games.....I'll be at the Sox game in Anaheim on August 11th if anyone's going.

FarmerAndy
05-13-2003, 04:40 PM
I'll be at the following road games this year:

Wenesday, June 4th @ Arizona
Saturday, June 7th @ Los Angeles
Saturday, July 12th @ Cleveland

Anybody else going to be at any of those games?

Over the past couple of years I've seen the Sox in Boston, New York, Detroit, St. Louis, and Milwaukee. Boston is by far the best place I've seen a ballgame (besides old Comiskey, of course.)