PDA

View Full Version : Ken WIlliams...GET A CLUE! Unreal! Please Read...

ssang
05-09-2003, 12:23 PM
I read these comments today in the Tribune. It amazes me that Ken (the worst GM in sports history) Williams had to say about last night's performance. Can you guys beleive how screwed we are!?!?! The White Sox are doomed for eternity. Here is some of the stuff from today's Tribune.....

The way Williams saw it from his seat at Network Associates Coliseum, Garland pitched poorly to JUST TWO of the 23 batters he faced. One was Scott Hatteberg, who drew a fifth-inning walk. The other was Miguel Tejada, who ripped a three-run homer in the fifth after Eric Chavez's single. "I'm seeing some positive signs," Williams said. "He's attacking the strike zone better." Is there a potential replacement for Garland at Triple-A Charlotte? "I'm not thinking about that now," Williams said. "What I've told the guys is, 'I'm sticking with you.' I believe in the talent."

What the hell are we gonna do as Sox fans? This is the most helpless I've felt since I came out the womb.

soxnut
05-09-2003, 12:31 PM
:o:
:?:
:(:
:whiner:

:hawk
Mercy!!!

thecell
05-09-2003, 12:32 PM
This is the most helpless I've felt since I came out the womb.

I totally agree with that...I think I'm going to devote the rest of my days to trying to get back in. :D:

LuvSox
05-09-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by thecell
I totally agree with that...I think I'm going to devote the rest of my days to trying to get back in. :D:

Hi-OOO!!!!!!

SoxxoS
05-09-2003, 01:23 PM
Hopefully, he gets ousted by Monday, and the new guy will wake up and see Jon Garland is too inconsistant to be a good major leaguer. Because he is a mental midget.

jeremyb1
05-09-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by ssang
I read these comments today in the Tribune. It amazes me that Ken (the worst GM in sports history) Williams had to say about last night's performance. Can you guys beleive how screwed we are!?!?! The White Sox are doomed for eternity. Here is some of the stuff from today's Tribune.....

The way Williams saw it from his seat at Network Associates Coliseum, Garland pitched poorly to JUST TWO of the 23 batters he faced. One was Scott Hatteberg, who drew a fifth-inning walk. The other was Miguel Tejada, who ripped a three-run homer in the fifth after Eric Chavez's single. "I'm seeing some positive signs," Williams said. "He's attacking the strike zone better." Is there a potential replacement for Garland at Triple-A Charlotte? "I'm not thinking about that now," Williams said. "What I've told the guys is, 'I'm sticking with you.' I believe in the talent."

What the hell are we gonna do as Sox fans? This is the most helpless I've felt since I came out the womb.

i'm willing to take the heat and agree with this statement to a certain extent. if garland gets tejada out he gives up 2 runs in 5 ip and everyone's talking about how maybe he's turning the corner. he did attack the strike zone better as witnessed by the fact that he only walked one batter in 5 ip. garland's problem is that he seems unable to keep the ball down and make key pitches when he needs to hence the extra base hits that killed him yesterday. i really don't know why cooper hasn't been able to help him more.

SoxxoS
05-09-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
i'm willing to take the heat and agree with this statement to a certain extent. if garland gets tejada out he gives up 2 runs in 5 ip and everyone's talking about how maybe he's turning the corner.

Yeah, IF. But he didn't.

MHOUSE
05-09-2003, 05:28 PM
The Ifs Ands Buts, Coulda, Shoulda, Wouldas that surround this team are too much. Just make something happen, gosh! Stop riding whatever hype and media play you get.

Tragg
05-10-2003, 12:45 AM
Garland's not that bad - he makes key mistakes but he's not that far away, imo.
What bothers me more about Kenny Williams is why sandy alomar is still on this baseball team?

MHOUSE
05-10-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
Garland's not that bad - he makes key mistakes but he's not that far away, imo.
What bothers me more about Kenny Williams is why sandy alomar is still on this baseball team?

Sandy provides veteran leadership and a tutor for our young catcher Miguel Olivo. I would rather have him learn from Sandy than Josh Paul. He's a leader and catches a good game. He can hit in streaks as well (see first few weeks of this year).

baggio202
05-10-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Sandy provides veteran leadership and a tutor for our young catcher Miguel Olivo. I would rather have him learn from Sandy than Josh Paul. He's a leader and catches a good game. He can hit in streaks as well (see first few weeks of this year).

youre both right..jon needs to go and sandy needs to retire and be come a bench coach...where he can really work with olivo...his at bats right now are pathetic..he is swinging at the first every single at bat..strike or not ...he never walks...and he doest hit that great either...reactivate when we play in cleveland :)..seems t o be the opnly place he can hit..

as far as kenny williams goes.. this one is simple to me...reinsey asked the sox what was wrong..they all pointed fingers kenny's way..now he knows to save his job he has to get in these guys good graces.. he is all for standing behind these guys...he's such a phoney

dougs78
05-10-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by ssang
This is the most helpless I've felt since I came out the womb.

HA! That is flippin' hilarious. Great quote ssang!

ShoelessFred
05-10-2003, 05:34 PM
is there a replacement at triple A?

i'm guessing it will be from double A

:)

i_luv_jgarland
05-11-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by thecell

Eww. If you think about that for half a second, that's actually quite gross.