Anyone noticed:

that as frustrating as things have been,

and how crappy the Sox have been playing,

and Frank not putting up the numbers he thinks he sould be putting up

that Frank is talking to the media, and not sounding like an a** :?:
:?: :?: :D: :smile:

Rocky Soprano
05-09-2003, 01:12 PM
Frank has been working his butt off every single day. Every game you can see how hard he is trying. I for one think that its only a matter of time when everything clicks for him and begins to put up some "Frank-type" numbers.

For Frank: :gulp:

Hangar18
05-09-2003, 01:22 PM
Frank has been working hard. Yeah, he knows too, if he just keeps on doing the same things, the Hits are going to come in Bunches and very shortly. Baseballs a weird game like that, Luck is involved bigtime too. He mentions Correctly how he was struck out a few times and the Umpire was squeezing him. Hes definitely RIGHT. Theres about 5-8 K's that he doesnt Deserve,
pitches that were BAD CALLS. Dont fret too much Frank, things go in circles in baseball, and he'll Get his hits.

Foulke You
05-09-2003, 02:00 PM
I tend to look at Frank's approach in the box compared to last year. Even when he is making outs, he is hitting the ball hard right at people. I don't see nearly as many sky high pop ups paired with off balance swings as I did in '02. Frank has opened up his stance circa 2000 season, and he is walking a lot more and overall just looks more confident at the plate. I would bet that he is going to be around .300 avg before the season is done.

pudge
05-09-2003, 02:06 PM
Good thread - you know, sometimes there really are things worth being positive about, and giving Frank some kudos for being a team player this year is one of them.

Kilroy
05-09-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
...I would bet that he is going to be around .300 avg before the season is done.

I'll go even further than that and say that once this starts to turn for him, and it will, he'll stop pressing like he is right now, and he'll have some big time numbers. .320, 35+, 125 rbi... It's coming...

thecell
05-09-2003, 02:18 PM
The media's not bashing him because they are enthralled in their Flub lovefest.

RKMeibalane
05-09-2003, 03:17 PM
I am proud of the way Frank has handled himself this season. He has continued to work hard, and it is clear that he wants to win. He has been patient at the plate, and he has not allowed the umpires or the pitchers who have hit him to prevent him from focusing at the plate.

He has been swinging the bat much better of late. He is hitting the ball hard. The results are not there, but they will be if he continues to work. Last Sunday's game is an example. He hit a ball that would have gone out on a normal day, but the wind kept it in the park. The ball landed softly in Mike Cameron's glove. Frank wasn't happy, but he took the at-bat in stride. Things like that happen over the course of a baseball season. Last year, he would have complained about something like that. This season, he seems to be more focused on the quality of his plate appearances, as opposed to whether he gets a hit. He is becoming more and more like his old self with each passing day.

TheBigHurt
05-09-2003, 03:27 PM
I hope Big Frank continues to welcome his new #2 hole, as much as I do :) BE GOOD

jeremyb1
05-09-2003, 04:58 PM
i'm really proud of frank. i feel like he's really on the right track.

Hangar18
05-09-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by thecell
The media's not bashing him because they are enthralled in their Flub lovefest.

yup. Any coverage couldnt happen anway, because all the extra trucks that CLTV, ESPN, FOX-32, NBC-5, ABC-7, WGN own, have all been sent to Wrigley for the season to cover Darren and Dustys Adventures. The Score ran a nice little Fluff piece yesterday morning, using the better part of an Hour to analyze, dissect, and comment on Dustys appearance at some SCORE Luncheon with Baker. Notice how the Score doestn have one of these for Jerry Manuel? Notice how Murphy continues to use the show as a Cub Broadcast Outlet by still playing Snippets of that damn Luncheon, which was days ago, and still laugh and chuckle at all of Dustys Glib remarks?