PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Game Day Thread 5-08-03 White Sox at Oakland


Jjav829
05-08-2003, 02:49 PM
Use this thread and only this thread if you must post a comment about tonight's game. All other threads will be deleted! Otherwise, please join us in the WSI chat room (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/chat.php?s=) for a discussion of tonight's game.

Game time is 2:35 cst with Jon Garland taking the hill against John Halama.

Unregistered
05-08-2003, 03:11 PM
It's "Circle the Bases on Jon Garland" day at the Coliseum...

Iguana775
05-08-2003, 03:11 PM
I hope the good Jon shows up today.

JUGGERNAUT
05-08-2003, 03:23 PM
Graff, Thomas, Ordonez, Konerko, Crede, Lee, Olivo, Valentin,Harris

voodoochile
05-08-2003, 03:31 PM
Well, unlike the minor tinkers this one at least appears to have some thought behind it. Interesting move putting Crede 5th. Maybe he will respond. He appears to be getting his stroke back, so it might be a good time to ride him anyway.

I think Thomas could have a monster year batting second. It is perfect for the type of hitter he tries to be, IMO.

Now if they would just do someting about harris...

TheBigHurt
05-08-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile


Now if they would just do someting about harris... YA, like Lead him off

doublem23
05-08-2003, 03:37 PM
Channel?

Unregistered
05-08-2003, 03:37 PM
Has anyone figured out why exactly Rios isn't playing instead of the .050 Harris?

ScottyTheSoxFan
05-08-2003, 03:37 PM
i like the shake up. hopefully the team keeps responding. use it till it stops working.

Unregistered
05-08-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Channel? Fox Sports Net

TheBigHurt
05-08-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Fox Sports Net
YOU must have MLB Extra Innings...BE GOOD

Unregistered
05-08-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
YOU must have MLB Extra Innings...BE GOOD Nah, I'm watching the Fox Sports Net feed on MLBTV.

WhiteSoxWinner
05-08-2003, 03:43 PM
The only suggestion I might make would be to get Manos into the 9th spot. That way, he could be on base potentially for the 1-2-3 hitters in the line-up. Having him in front of Wiz Willie is useless. Harris better start showing something soon. Hard to believe Wiz Willie could make us miss Aaron Rowand that quickly.

WhiteSoxWinner
05-08-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Has anyone figured out why exactly Rios isn't playing instead of the .050 Harris?

:weewillie

Look at me!! I'm 50 Cent!

Unregistered
05-08-2003, 04:15 PM
NICE 2-RUN LINE DRIVE SHOT BY MAGGS.

2-0 SOX TOP 3

(FOLLOWED BY A DOUBLE BY PAULY...)

Unregistered
05-08-2003, 04:19 PM
Whats the over/under on Garland giving up the lead in the next half-inning?

delben91
05-08-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered

(FOLLOWED BY A DOUBLE BY PAULY...)

Slowly but surely, Konerko is beginning to heat up. About time.

Unregistered
05-08-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by delben91
Slowly but surely, Konerko is beginning to heat up. About time. Speaking of ''slowly'', Konerko is 1 of about 12 guys in the majors who couldn't have stretched that into an easy triple...

Jjav829
05-08-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Speaking of ''slowly'', Konerko is 1 of about 12 guys in the majors who couldn't have stretched that into an easy triple...

LOL, I know what you mean. The sad thing is that of those 12 guys, about 4 of them are on the Sox.

TheBigHurt
05-08-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSoxWinner
:weewillie

Look at me!! I'm 50 Cent!

FOR someone Who has seen Fittie Cent like twice, Wee Willie does BE GOOD

Iguana775
05-08-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSoxWinner
:weewillie

Look at me!! I'm 50 Cent!

LMAO

balboner
05-08-2003, 04:55 PM
How negative does the Sox organization think of Borchard to not call him up over the useless talents that are Rowand and Harris? They are two of the worst players to start in the majors this year.

Hullett_Fan
05-08-2003, 05:06 PM
GARLAND SUCKS!!! GET HIM OFF THIS TEAM NOW!!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Jjav829
05-08-2003, 05:07 PM
3-run HR by Tejada makes it 5-2 A's for all those who can't watch/listen to the game.

balboner
05-08-2003, 05:09 PM
Garland just doesnt have major league caliber pitches. I thought he was supposed to be a sinker baller? Every fastball he's thrown has been up in the zone. This game is over.

balboner
05-08-2003, 05:10 PM
Why is Crede in the 5 hole? He's nowhere near the hitter C. Lee is, and he's left a ton of guys on base today. I'm all for shaking up the line-up, but dont put a relatively easy out in the 5 spot.

jeremyb1
05-08-2003, 05:11 PM
i've been one of jon garland's biggest supporters throughout his career but he's been getting hammered every single outing. i'm really dissapointed in garland and i'm dissapionted that don cooper hasn't been able to help him out more. the way big jon's been pitching its really only a matter of time before rauch replaces him.

the question becomes whether garland heads to charlotte or the bullpen. i'd rather see him go to the bullpen with sanders returning to AAA. we could use a long reliever who can pitch several innings if our starter gets knocked out early and i don't see what's left for garland in AAA.

Hullett_Fan
05-08-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by balboner
Why is Crede in the 5 hole? He's nowhere near the hitter C. Lee is, and he's left a ton of guys on base today. I'm all for shaking up the line-up, but dont put a relatively easy out in the 5 spot.

Crede....Lee....Harris = many easy outs in this lineup

oh and Olivo too....another DP... surprise! :gulp: :gulp:

SoxxoS
05-08-2003, 05:15 PM
We have got to be on pace for the double play record in a season.

We cant get more than 2 runs on Halama. I dont care about JM or KW right now. I just want Gary Ward GONE. We can't put up more than 2 runs on Halama, who is lefty, when we have a righty dominated lineup? Give me a break.

I have had it with Garland. As stated earlier, every pitch is up in the zone and dead straight. Bring Rauch up and see how he can do. If he can't get anyone out either, than we have to go to plan B, whatever that is.

Hullett_Fan
05-08-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
i've been one of jon garland's biggest supporters throughout his career but he's been getting hammered every single outing. i'm really dissapointed in garland and i'm dissapionted that don cooper hasn't been able to help him out more. the way big jon's been pitching its really only a matter of time before rauch replaces him.

the question becomes whether garland heads to charlotte or the bullpen. i'd rather see him go to the bullpen with sanders returning to AAA. we could use a long reliever who can pitch several innings if our starter gets knocked out early and i don't see what's left for garland in AAA.

I second that Jeremy. Garland needs to get some mental toughness...putting him in Mid relief where he can come in for an inning or two and hold the score might be good training. He can either be a reliever for us or a 3rd starter for the Brewers. You're right, minors would do him no good.

SoxxoS
05-08-2003, 05:20 PM
I didn't know Rauch was pitching that well-

2- 0 1.000 2.83ERA 35.0 IP 24 H 28 K's.

Bring him up. Matter of fact, I wouldnt be suprised if they give him one more start, and then call him up when we are done with Seattle.

Hullett_Fan
05-08-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
I didn't know Rauch was pitching that well-

2- 0 1.000 2.83ERA 35.0 IP 24 H 28 K's.

Bring him up. Matter of fact, I wouldnt be suprised if they give him one more start, and then call him up when we are done with Seattle.

Sounds good to me!
New Rotation starting next week:

Buerhle
Colon
Wright
Loaiza
Rauch

Like it already. Now, let's trade for an OF or 3B that can hit the ball!

Blueprint1
05-08-2003, 05:28 PM
We manage 3 runs thats all Garlands fault you guys crack me up.

cheeses_h_rice
05-08-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
We manage 3 runs thats all Garlands fault you guys crack me up.

Garland gave up 5 runs, and that's the rest of the team's fault?

Hullett_Fan
05-08-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
We manage 3 runs thats all Garlands fault you guys crack me up.

Thanks, I'll be here all week!!! :D:

It's not just Garland's fault...

The problem...
1)JR
2)Ward
3)Manuel
4)Garland
5)Lee
6)Konerko
7)Koch
8)Gordon

I could go on and on....

Juan Pizarro
05-08-2003, 05:43 PM
Just shoot me now. This team has no heart.

steff
05-08-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
FOR someone Who has seen Fittie Cent like twice, Wee Willie does BE GOOD


Cool.. you have a $1.00. Congrats!

bc2k
05-08-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
i've been one of jon garland's biggest supporters throughout his career but he's been getting hammered every single outing. i'm really dissapointed in garland and i'm dissapionted that don cooper hasn't been able to help him out more. the way big jon's been pitching its really only a matter of time before rauch replaces him.

the question becomes whether garland heads to charlotte or the bullpen. i'd rather see him go to the bullpen with sanders returning to AAA. we could use a long reliever who can pitch several innings if our starter gets knocked out early and i don't see what's left for garland in AAA.

But jeremyb1, this is only Jon's seventh start of 30+ on the year. Aren't you rushing to judgement?

We agree that Garland should be sent to the bullpen and Rauch should take his starting spot. Although it would be nice to see that pompous punk riding the bus to IHOP. Hopefully this move will happen soon, don't give Garland another start. It's Rauch time.

Blueprint1
05-08-2003, 05:48 PM
5 runs its going to happen in this day of baseball. We can't think that our pitchers are going to hold every team to 2-3 runs so we can win 5-3 5-2 we can't even score 5 runs. I hate this 12 games against Seattle and Oakland all in a row. I think thats what really sucks is we have to keep playing the best in the game over and over. It seems like its never going to end.

Hullett_Fan
05-08-2003, 05:48 PM
Rick White = Rotten Waste


Can't these guys do anything right??? :?: :angry:

So many relievers, why do we need this guy. Bring in Wunsh, a lefty to face Chavez? DUH!!!

LuvSox
05-08-2003, 05:52 PM
Certainly this club has a youngster in AAA that could use some big league experience. It can't be any worse than Rick White.

Iguana775
05-08-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Hullett_Fan
Sounds good to me!
New Rotation starting next week:

Buerhle
Colon
Wright
Loaiza
Rauch

Like it already. Now, let's trade for an OF or 3B that can hit the ball!

I like that. There would be some nice heat in that staff.

Hopefully Wright and Rauch are healed from their injuries and are ready to whoop some ass! :D:

Iguana775
05-08-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by steff3603
Cool.. you have a $1.00. Congrats!

LOL...

MHOUSE
05-08-2003, 06:32 PM
Frank just hit #382 off Foulke. Ha ha! He's doing his Billy Koch impression. Sadly he only needs 3 more outs for a crappy save.

jeremyb1
05-08-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by balboner
Garland just doesnt have major league caliber pitches. I thought he was supposed to be a sinker baller? Every fastball he's thrown has been up in the zone. This game is over.

throwing the ball up in the zone is an issue of command not of the calliber of garland's pitches. furthermore, when he throws his fastball up it lacks movement so no only is the location bad the pitch is bad. he has to keep the ball down to succeed and has failed at that all season long.

MHOUSE
05-08-2003, 06:37 PM
Harris is a chump. I don't see where he fits on this team when Rios can play CF and if not then bring up Borchard. I like that Rowand can work out the kinks in AAA without so much pressure, but we're missing his defense and hustle. Crede is getting back into it a little bit and Konerko IS heating up. White is a schmuck and he can't seem to get anyone out even when he's just supposed to play damage control and keep it within reach. It'd be 5-5 right now. Why not go to Glover? He doesn't get much work and he's awesome. I like Sanders so far, but he seems to be in a little over his head and rushed up once again. Where's Porzio? His numbers were stellar so far at AAA.

Lip Man 1
05-08-2003, 10:04 PM
Folks:

The bottom line question on Garland is this...yes he's had only seven starts this season BUT he's had the same consistency problems in 2002 and in 2001.

How much time do you give him? How many losses do you give him??

I don't have the answers to these questions.

In Garland's case especially at what point does "he's young" stop being an issue and you judge him on his merits and numbers.

just wondering...

Lip

thezeker
05-08-2003, 10:39 PM
I don't know how much time you give him but I think he needs to be taken out of the rotation now!

Sure he's young but he seems to be making the same mistakes over and over.

He has a real problem with location. His stuff can compensate for that in AAA but at the major league level it won't cut it. He gives up way too many big hits on 0-2 counts.

He's really starting to remind me of Scott Ruffcorn.

WhiteSoxWinner
05-08-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by thezeker
He's really starting to remind me of Scott Ruffcorn.

Ahhh, all those fine memories of Scotty.

chisox06
05-08-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Harris is a chump. I don't see where he fits on this team when Rios can play CF and if not then bring up Borchard. I like that Rowand can work out the kinks in AAA without so much pressure, but we're missing his defense and hustle. Crede is getting back into it a little bit and Konerko IS heating up. White is a schmuck and he can't seem to get anyone out even when he's just supposed to play damage control and keep it within reach. It'd be 5-5 right now. Why not go to Glover? He doesn't get much work and he's awesome. I like Sanders so far, but he seems to be in a little over his head and rushed up once again. Where's Porzio? His numbers were stellar so far at AAA.

Harris sucks, use him for pinch running situations ONLY!

MHOUSE
05-09-2003, 12:16 AM
Harris wastes a spot on this team as a pinch runner though. I love his speed, hustle, energy, but he doesn't have a fit right now and he's NOT producing. I give Garland his next 3 starts and then do something. He has to show he can correct mistakes and fix things because he's looked the same for last 2 years I have seen him.