PDA

View Full Version : Sox Radio Commercials

booter14
05-08-2003, 11:31 AM
If I hear another one of those dumbass radio commercials, I am going to hunt Rob Gallas and beat him with 6-inning old churros.

Enough with this guy already. How can he track the pitch count while still keeping an eye on his trailer trash family? Because the pitch count is shown on the scoreboard Cletus.

Lets do a roster check for the Sox a la the brilliant radio ad:

Bad Defense - here
timely hitting - not here
shaky relief pitching - here
Failed advertising campaign - here
lame-duck manager - here
out-matched GM - here

When they start their yearly mid-summer house cleaning don't forget the following people: Rob Gallas, Dave Wills, Ed Farmer, DJ, and the Hawkeroo.

Even when the Sox organization was in much worse shape, at least the frontmen were cool and/or entertaining. To a man, their front office and broadcast booths are filled with lackeys and yesmen.

Jjav829
05-08-2003, 11:54 AM
North did spoofs of the Sox and Cubs commercials. I find them absolutely hilarious, especially the Cubs one! In case you haven't heard the Cubs commercials, they are basically stories about making memories at Wrigley by seeing Sham-ME hit HR's, etc. I recommend listening to them. You can find them on North's website (http://www.northtonorth.com/mikesroom/subpages/radiopages/soundclips.html).

CHISOXFAN13
05-08-2003, 01:33 PM
ALthough I don't like him, Mike North did a spoof on the Sox commercial and the Cubs radio commercials.

Hilarious stuff.

Jjav829
05-08-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
ALthough I don't like him, Mike North did a spoof on the Sox commercial and the Cubs radio commercials.

Hilarious stuff.

Yeah, I posted that in the Parking Lot. Maybe I should have posted it in this thread instead so it would actually be seen. Can a mod merge my thread into this one? If you want to, that is...

Edt: Thanks daver! :smile:

Foulke You
05-08-2003, 06:51 PM
I'm with you Jjav...those commercials drive me nuts. Another example of a clueless marketing campaign. I am so embarassed as a Sox fan when I hear those commercials. The fiddle, the guy with the annoying voice that they've been using since "The Kids Can Play" campaign, and the stupid topics. However, I do like the new TV spots with the heartbeat sound and the game footage that ends with "WIN". I think that sentiment can relate to Sox fans everywhere. If only they matched the product on the field with that sentiment. Everytime they try it blows up in their face. Anyone remember "It's Time"?

Mammoo
05-09-2003, 01:15 AM
...Annoying

New marketing slogan...

"White Sox Baseball: We'll Annoy The **** Out Of You!"

AngelLeroy
05-09-2003, 02:31 AM
My favorite :?: commercials were the late 90's ones, with the laughably horrible "bad guy" overpronouncing every word of "If Matt KAAACHNAH'S fast BOOL drops below ninety-FOOR mihuls peh houAHR..."

I think that was Ventura he was talking to... poor Robin... no wonder he left... :D:

Anyways, the current commercials stink.

ssang
05-09-2003, 08:17 AM
I was beginning to think that I was the only one who was deeply embarrased by our radio and TV ads. Is it just me or is this organization incompetent in EVERY single aspect!?!? Even our PR is pathetic. Who comes up with this stupid crap? I mean a class 5th graders could come up with better commercial ads! I think being a White Sox fan these days is embarrasing. The only good thing is that we know that Reinsdorf can't own this team forever. Eventaully, one day, perhaps we will have solid ownership who brings a consistent winner and good commercials to the White Sox.