PDA

View Full Version : I am back an i want to rant....

MaggPipes
08-19-2001, 11:22 AM
Well i am back from Chicago, and i went to Fridays game against the A's........well i am convinced of atleast two things following that game.....

1) I am a huge jinx to the SOx, every time i go the get blown out, but you guys don't need to worry, i am back in Nebraska, not to see them for another year..

2) Comiskey Park isn't that bad, i had to sit in the upper deck becuase i chose to go to the game that had 34,000 plus....and i was along the first base line, and was very impressed with the view i got....tons better than the one i got at the Cubs-Sox game in Wrigley last year, i sat way back under the press boxes........And not to mention it isn't that ugly of a park for the most part, a little renovations will be fine....

3) If i never again see another Elvis impresanator as long as i live....I DON"T CARE!!!!

PaleHoseGeorge
08-19-2001, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by MaggPipes
2) Comiskey Park isn't that bad, i had to sit in the upper deck becuase i chose to go to the game that had 34,000 plus....and i was along the first base line, and was very impressed with the view i got....tons better than the one i got at the Cubs-Sox game in Wrigley last year, i sat way back under the press boxes........And not to mention it isn't that ugly of a park for the most part, a little renovations will be fine....

It's funny. Hardly any of the Sox Fans who post here ever have a mean thing to say about Comiskey's seating arrangements except for the upper-half of the upper deck. If there is any complaint at all, it's usually about the sterile environment.

Watching THE GAME is 100-times better at Comiskey than it is at Wrigley. You've confirmed what the rest of us already know and appreciate about Comiskey, MaggPipes. It's Wrigley that has the crappy seats.

Everyone who "raves" about the Urinal always talks about the atmosphere. They never mention that the the tall guy's head in front of them blocked their view of half the playing field, or how the whole joint smelled like an Amoco gas station freshly mopped with Pine Sol.

The media in this town is a joke for letting the Tribune get away with selling the myth about that crap ballpark.

FarWestChicago
08-19-2001, 11:40 AM
The media in this town is a joke

You could have stopped there. :)

HootieMcBoob
08-19-2001, 12:41 PM
If i never again see another Elvis impresanator as long as i live....I DON"T CARE!!!!

I went to Elvis day either last year or 2 years ago and it was the worst night of my life. All the impersonators were terrible (real bad voices) and they all made me hate Elvis and his music. After the game, the guy who skydives into the park was like 20 minutes late and everyone was yelling "just give us our fireworks so we can leave, dammit!" I had brought my girlfriend to the game that night (we didn't know til we got there it was Evis day) and all the Elvis crap ruined our night. We broke up a little while after. Why do some people say "it's one of the best nights of the year at comiskey"? Just a bunch of people who don't care about the game show up in some idiot glasses and sideburns. Get rid of this day it's a total disgrace.