PDA

View Full Version : Tigers sweep, Royals lose, Mays rocked

MHOUSE
05-07-2003, 08:53 PM
In an AL Central update:

The Tigers swept the Orioles today with a 9-4 win. They're 7-25 now. Almost half as many wins as the Sox. Here they come! Cotts wins (1-3) Their bullpen held the lead for 4 innings. Wow!

The first place Royals lost to Boston 9-6. Albie Lopez blew his third save giving up 4 earned in the 8th. That's gotta hurt!

Our nemesis Cy Mays gave up 6ER on 9 hits in 3.2 innings tonight before getting pulled. Twinkies are playing the D-Rays! What a chump! However, he won't get a loss because it's 9-6 Minnesota now in the fifth. The game is still in progress.

ESPN Scoreboard (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/scoreboard)

WhiteSoxWinner
05-07-2003, 08:56 PM
Could have been a perfect days had the Flubs lost today.

lowesox
05-07-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSoxWinner
Could have been a perfect days had the Flubs lost today.

I think the twins are the team we should be watching the most... well them and the whitesox. I have a good feeling about tonight.

How about we all try and send some positive vibes. I don't know about the rest of you, but a win will help me sleep tonight.

WhiteSoxWinner
05-07-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
a win will help me sleep tonight.

If that doesn't work, try a couple shots of whiskey. Or Nyquil. Same difference. :gulp:

MHOUSE
05-07-2003, 10:48 PM
Follow-up: Twins win 11-6 on a 7-run 5th inning. Devil Rays starter Joe Kennedy gave up 10ER in 4 innings. He pitched to six batters in the 5th and retired none. He outdid Mays for worse outing I guess. Lot's of pitchers giving up 10 ER so far this year and surprisingly no Sox.