PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Game Day Thread 5-07-03 White Sox at Oakland

Jjav829
05-07-2003, 07:53 PM
Use this thread and only this thread if you must post a comment about tonight's game. All other threads will be deleted! Otherwise, please join us in the WSI chat room (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/chat.php?s=) for a discussion of tonight's game.

Game time is 9:05 cst with Esteban Loaiza facing Ted Lilly.

lowesox
05-07-2003, 08:43 PM
Ok boys -- I gotta tell you, I've been having a great day today. Hopefully it'll continue with a WhiteSOx winner.

It's big game tonight because (other than the obvious) Loaiza got beat around last start. Will he get back on track? I think so. And having two quality starts in a row would be a good foundation for us to start turning things around with.

Lets all send positive vibes. The climb begins today!

faneidde
05-07-2003, 09:02 PM
The climb begins today!
I totally agree. I can't say why, but I just have a feeling that everything turns around tonight. Last night was the low point of the season.

MHOUSE
05-07-2003, 09:07 PM
Graffanino
Thomas
Maggs
Konerko
Crede
Lee
Olivo
Valentin
Harris

What the heck is going on? This is one strange-looking lineup. Jerry is really searching for something to work. Frank has never batted #2 before tonight.

lowesox
05-07-2003, 09:08 PM
I'm surprised harris is playing CF again. I thought for sure it would be Rios tonight.

Hangar18
05-07-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Graffanino
Thomas
Maggs
Konerko
Crede
Lee
Olivo
Valentin
Harris

What the heck is going on? This is one strange-looking lineup. Jerry is really searching for something to work. Frank has never batted #2 before tonight.

WOW, Big Frank Batting 2nd?? I bet you this lineup does something finally. Franks batting 2nd could be GREAT FOR US

lowesox
05-07-2003, 09:12 PM
Graffanino
Thomas
Maggs
Konerko
Crede
Lee
Olivo
Valentin
Harris

Good for Jerry. I also like that he sent Graffanino. I like his fire tonight!

RKMeibalane
05-07-2003, 09:19 PM
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I hope Manuel sticks with the lineup for a few games in order to see if the offense shows any improvement.

:jerry

*TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER*

DonkeyKongerko
ahh 3-6-3, it's been a while. :smile:

MHOUSE
Graffy 1-1 with a stolen base. Frank still managed to pop out. Did Loaiza just get GIDP from Oakland? Are the the Sox in disguise?

jeremyb1
05-07-2003, 09:21 PM
Graffanino
Thomas
Maggs
Konerko
Crede
Lee
Olivo
Valentin
Harris

i think this is great. regardless of whether or not manuel is the proper manager for this team at this point in time, i still think he's a great manager. this is exactly what we need, something to really switch things up. maybe it'll let guys relax a little.

kermittheefrog
05-07-2003, 09:25 PM
Graffanino
Thomas
Maggs
Konerko
Crede
Lee
Olivo
Valentin
Harris

Thats sweet we were just talking about Thomas hitting second a few days ago. I like that Jerry is experimenting with this. I still wish Jose wasn't in the lineup against lefties. Especially considering Jimenez has been our best hitter.

lowesox
05-07-2003, 09:27 PM
I love Olivo. What an at bat. We needed that so bad.

lowesox
05-07-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Thats sweet we were just talking about Thomas hitting second a few days ago. I like that Jerry is experimenting with this. I still wish Jose wasn't in the lineup against lefties. Especially considering Jimenez has been our best hitter.

I couldn't agree more. Jimenez is getting far too many nights off. But ya, the lineup is a great idea.

WhiteSoxWinner
05-07-2003, 09:36 PM
I blame that Tejada home run squarely on DJ. Everybody knows you don't dare the baseball gods by saying something dumb like "I think Esteban will only need one run. What do you think?" because Hawk did not even have a chance to respond before Tejada hit the dinger. Dammit DJ, don't you know anything?

MHOUSE
05-07-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSoxWinner
Dammit DJ, don't you know anything?

Have you learned nothing? :D:

lowesox
05-07-2003, 09:42 PM
If Loaiza's going to have a good start he's going to have to throw more strikes and get ahead of batters.

MHOUSE
05-07-2003, 09:43 PM
Graffy 2-2. Woo hoo! It'd be nice to have Jimenez and Jose out there. I noticed Rooney called Harris "Little Willie". Hey BigHurt you might have to correct him on the pronuctiation.

siugrad25
05-07-2003, 09:50 PM
has 4 hits so far!!!! WOOHOO... Finally some clutch hits. Keep it going!!!!!

WhiteSoxWinner
05-07-2003, 09:53 PM
OK, nobody should ever complain about our park again. At least we don't need ducktape to hold up the outfield panels!!

Seriously though, I hope this doesn't kill the offensive momentum.

DaGame2584
05-07-2003, 09:57 PM
WHO ARE THOSE MASKED MEN IN OUR BLACK SOX JERSEYS??? THEY'RE ACTUALLY HITTING! LoL! :smile: :smile: :smile:

WhiteSoxWinner
05-07-2003, 09:58 PM
Now this could be just what we need to break out of our slump; some bloop hits and mistakes by the A's to spark the bats.

lowesox
05-07-2003, 10:04 PM
ANother outstanding AB by Olivo. It's official: he's my new favourite player.

Billy Beane better not be so sure he won that trade.

faneidde
05-07-2003, 10:06 PM
I love it. Mags goes home on a soft grounder, Konerko runs through a stop sign, and the Sox are hitting the ball. YES!

jeremyb1
05-07-2003, 10:10 PM
a couple thoughts. first of all, how nice is it to catch a break for once like we did on the ball konerko hit. also, isn't it amazing that five runs seems like a obscene amount of scoring? its hard to believe we actually used to average 6 runs a game.

lowesox
05-07-2003, 10:14 PM
When things aren't going well everything looks worse than it is. Hopefully the start to this game is something the WhiteSox can build on. Wouldn't it be nice to be the first ones out of the gate the next couple games?

duke of dorwood
05-07-2003, 10:22 PM
I just think this Harris is a bum with no place on this team.

jeremyb1
05-07-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
When things aren't going well everything looks worse than it is. Hopefully the start to this game is something the WhiteSox can build on. Wouldn't it be nice to be the first ones out of the gate the next couple games?

my first reaction was to ask if kw's situation has the team more fired up tonight. however, looking at it more closely this seems to be a perfect illustration of my argument against everyone else's claims that the team lacks heart and that's why we're not winning. it seems like we're playing with intensity tonight because we're hitting well. that puts us on the bases and allows us to do things like run hard and energetically score runs. all we need is the hitting...

duke of dorwood
05-07-2003, 10:30 PM
Maggs and Konerko come thru again. Better not stop at 5 runs here

lowesox
05-07-2003, 10:32 PM
We're having a better night tonight offensively but we're still making mistakes. That's twice now that we've had a run at third with only one out and not scored him.

Getting those runs home is huge.

I hope they keeping at the A's and not get comfortable with this lead.

Iguana775
05-07-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I hope Manuel sticks with the lineup for a few games in order to see if the offense shows any improvement.

:jerry

*TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER*

Maybe with the supposed talk to of KW, JM is no longer being 'puppeted' by KW and JM is allowed to show what he can actually do.

MHOUSE
05-07-2003, 11:06 PM
whew out of the 5th. I got nervous there. Keep it up Loa!

lowesox
05-07-2003, 11:08 PM
whew out of the 5th. I got nervous there. Keep it up Loa!

I've been watching this game as though it were game 7 of the world series. I am so desperate for a win.

MHOUSE
05-08-2003, 12:10 AM
Me too, i'm like riveted. 7 runs seems like soo much and every baserunner they get is like oh no here goes. Now Flash just walked them loaded in the 8th. Jesus.....

WinningUgly!
05-08-2003, 12:12 AM
Me too, i'm like riveted. 7 runs seems like soo much and every baserunner they get is like oh no here goes. Now Flash just walked them loaded in the 8th. Jesus.....

7-4! Damn...it ain't ever easy! :angry:

fuzzy_patters
05-08-2003, 12:22 AM
This is what the Sox did in 2000. They put an extra run or two on the board late so you had no chance. Why can't they do that consistently anymore?

ScottySoxFan
05-08-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
7-4! Damn...it ain't ever easy! :angry:

Will Koch see the bottom of the ninth? I'd like to see him get an inning of quick work. :smile:

fuzzy_patters
05-08-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by ScottySoxFan
Will Koch see the bottom of the ninth? I'd like to see him get an inning of quick work. :smile:

We need to get him on track, or at least find out if he can get on track. He needs to pitch with a lead like this.

Unregistered
05-08-2003, 12:34 AM
Overall, a solid effort today. Loaiza got back on track, Frank went 4-6... I'll take the 8-4 victory.

South Sider
05-08-2003, 12:50 AM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

Now that is how to play the game. nd with agressiveness and heart comes the luck along !!!

OK. Not everything was excellent (LOB, GIDP, Flash)

But that give us some space for more improvement :smile:

I'm so happy. The monkey is from our back.

Now I can get some sleep with good dreams....and even can shave again :smile: :smile:

Great Game from Top to Bottom

Special Thanx to

Tony
Esteban
Big Hurt
Maqgs
Paulie
Miguel

Lets go for the series win and get back on track

Once again

Thank you, thank you, thank you

:gulp: :gulp: :)

AngelLeroy
05-08-2003, 01:15 AM
It's pretty sad that we're all so estatic about this win. I'm hoping the Sox use this game as a springboard to bigger and better things. I don't want to be this nervous during a game again until the playoffs (here's hoping)... :D: