PDA

View Full Version : Theory on when Manuel gets fired

Viva Magglio
05-07-2003, 01:21 PM
This morning, Mike Murphy theorized that Jerry Manuel's firing could be soon. Murph noted that it was around two weeks ago when the fans started the "FIRE JERRY MANUEL" campaign on the Score. The media subsequently picked this up and ran with it, bringing the campaign to its peak. And despite the fact that the Sox are still struggling, the "FIRE JERRY MANUEL" campaign has stagnated because fans are tired of waging the battle after nothing has happened. When this stagflation occurs, Murph believes, Manuel may get his walking papers.

This is what happened to Don Baylor last season on the North Side. The "FIRE DON BAYLOR" campaign had subsided from its peak when the Cubs pulled the trigger on him. So do you think this theory is a possible one to follow?

Jerry_Manuel
05-07-2003, 01:22 PM
My theory is that Manuel isn't going anywhere. We shall see what happens.

Viva Magglio
05-07-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
My theory is that Manuel isn't going anywhere. We shall see what happens.

:ohno
Jerry is staying?

dllrbll7
05-07-2003, 02:14 PM
Here is my theory. With KW just being put on SIs list of influencial minors there is no way he is going to fire JM. They made it very clear in the article that they are the first african american GM/Coach combo and KW would not want to break that up while he is still getting the attention from the SI community. Also i dont think JR will get rid of KW because of the same reasons. This is just something i have been thinkin and hope its not taken the wrong way

Hangar18
05-07-2003, 02:19 PM
I sure hope thats not the reason to Hire/Keep someone in on a Job, because of the color of skin. ATTN SOX MGMT.
DO SOMETHING

Jerry_Manuel
05-07-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
:ohno
Jerry is staying?

I don't have any inside info or anything like that. I just don't see the Sox letting him go this season.

34 Inch Stick
05-07-2003, 02:47 PM
As I said in the past, like Krause, KW has a job for life. That means JM stays because the worst thing you can do to KW is to try to force him to do something.

I think he should be gone at the end of this road trip.

Viva Magglio
05-07-2003, 04:59 PM
One reason Jerry Manuel could stay is so that Kenny Williams could deflect as much pressure as possible. Right now, most of the pressure is on JM. By firing him, the pressure transferrs right to KW. What will probably happen is that Gary Ward will get his walking papers.

Viva Magglio
05-07-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I sure hope thats not the reason to Hire/Keep someone in on a Job, because of the color of skin. ATTN SOX MGMT.
DO SOMETHING

:ass
I think skin color has everything to do with it. Why do you think Manuel keeps playing Willie Harris.

The race card has been an issue North has been using for days. He thinks Williams Manuel are playing favorites on the basis of skin color. For the record, I think sports talk radio's Archie Bunker is way off base.