PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Baseball Defense...

DrCrawdad
05-07-2003, 01:12 PM
...Is Bad.

That said, this morning I heard one of the Chicago Sportswriters on the air with Murp&Fred. The sportswriter got a few jabs in about how bad the Sox defense is.

The mantra has been for the last few years that the Sox defense is poor and of course much worse than the Sox. But is that really the case?

Well the Sox defense is bad, but it seems to me that the Cubs defense is probably worse!

ERRORS
Cubs 30
Sox 21

FIELDING PERCENTAGE
Cubs .976
Sox .982

MHOUSE
05-07-2003, 08:59 PM
Mac Yurko and Harry played a clip today of Chip Carey really riding the Cubs defense in yesterday's loss. He ranted for a good minute about how they're giving away runs and games. I hate Chip because he's a Cub-loving schmuck, but it'd be nice to hear Hawk and/or DJ give our team a good rant during the game. Hawk generally only gets hot at the umpires. It's ok to rip the Sox when it's warranted guys!

baggio202
05-07-2003, 09:10 PM
im not sure if our defense is any better of worse than the cubs...but errors dont tell the whole story with the sox....jimenez has the range of an ant...between him and konerko on the right side anything hit thats within a one step of each of them goes through for a hit...harris plays CF on the warning track...ditto carlos lee...we have w/o a doubt the worst defensive outfield in baseball.....can you imagine when we go to the homerdome???...when they sart bouncing balls off that carpet??...remember the loss where foulke gave up 3 runs in the 9th with one ball leaving the infield???...its gonna be commonplace....ground balls past jimenez right and left...little bloopers falling in because of the deep gaps between the of and inf....i cant wait for that :?: