PDA

View Full Version : At Least....

HootieMcBoob
08-19-2001, 12:15 AM
The scrubs fell out of first place!!! Hou won and STL won AGAIN!!!
Hou is a game up, cards are just 2.5 back!!!

How awesome would it be if Both teams finished ahead of the scrubs, huh???

We would have all the bragging rights then and so much "ammunition"!!!!

1969 deja vu......believe it.

Jerry_Manuel
08-19-2001, 12:23 AM
:scrubs

IA_soxfan
08-19-2001, 12:25 AM
Oh hell yeah. Words can't even begin to describe.

CubKiller
08-19-2001, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by HootieMcBoob

It would be very awesome indeed. I actually fully expect the Cubs to finish 3rd in their division.

Just for the heck of it, I looked up their record since they traveled to Comiskey in June. They're 32-32 from that series up to this point, and have shown no signs of being able to play winning baseball consistently during that span.

Meanwhile, the Cards & Astros have really turned up the heat for the home stretch a la real contenders.

A month from now we'll be hearing Cub fans moaning about 'oh how close' they were this year. They'll also have high-hopes for the '02 season. That will be even funnier because they'll probably finish 20 games back.

Cub fans are so incredibly stupid, yet I'm amazed time and time again.

Nellie_Fox
08-19-2001, 02:03 AM
After they finish blowing this one, I wonder if we'll be subjected to constant reunions of the 2001 Cubs like we have been of the 1969 Cubs? I know of no other fans that have so celebrated a team that lost.

I saw yet another article on Chicagosports.com about how Santo deserves to be in the hall. They already have three guys from that team in the hall. If there were four HOFers on that club, why didn't they ever make post-season play? The Sox were consistently competitive throughout the fifties, finally winning the flag in '59 with a team that was past its prime. Only two members of the 50's club are in the hall (I don't count Early Wynn, whose hall credentials are based mostly on his time with the Indians.)

FarWestChicago
08-19-2001, 02:11 AM
After they finish blowing this one, I wonder if we'll be subjected to constant reunions of the 2001 Cubs like we have been of the 1969 Cubs? I know of no other fans that have so celebrated a team that lost.

I'm sure they will be celebrated like the '69 team. It's just part of the Flubbie nature.