PDA

View Full Version : Could they look any ****tier?

Kilroy
05-06-2003, 11:06 PM
There's not even words for this sorry bunch any more...

MRKARNO
05-06-2003, 11:16 PM
they could look s**tier if they lose 4 more on the trip

WhiteSox = Life
05-07-2003, 12:06 AM
Normally, I'm not one to be overly pessimistic, but this game (5/6/03) was absolutely horrendous. I'm glad I didn't watch more than 10 minutes altogether.

Originally posted by Kilroy
There's not even words for this sorry bunch any more...

Except for maybe three or four players, there are two words:

Heartless losers.

chisox06
05-07-2003, 12:23 AM
Why in the hell did I pay for MLB TV so I can watch this sorry crap? The sox are pathetic losers, I mean hey I'll go on the field for millions of dollars to drop fly balls, strikeout and hit into double plays, sign me up!

GASHWOUND
05-07-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
Normally, I'm not one to be overly pessimistic, but this game (5/6/03) was absolutely horrendous. I'm glad I didn't watch more than 10 minutes altogether.

Except for maybe three or four players, there are two words:

Heartless losers.

I'm glad I didn't watch more than 10 minutes altogether.

Wow, stuck with them that long? I threw the remote in discuss after Jimenez's error..then had to put the batteries back in cause I forgot to change the channel...then I threw the remote again after doing so... :angry:

GASHWOUND
05-07-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by chisox06
Why in the hell did I pay for MLB TV so I can watch this sorry crap? The sox are pathetic losers, I mean hey I'll go on the field for millions of dollars to drop fly balls, strikeout and hit into double plays, sign me up!

Well, there must be other teams that are actually playing fun, sound, fundamental baseball...I was watching the yanks/mariners.better then watching the Sox. :angry:

WhiteSox = Life
05-07-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
Well, there must be other teams that are actually playing fun, sound, fundamental baseball...I was watching the yanks/mariners.better then watching the Sox. :angry:

Watching paint dry might be more entertaining. At least drying paint isn't going to drop popups or ground into double plays.

steff
05-07-2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
I'm glad I didn't watch more than 10 minutes altogether.

Hehe.. I got you beat. I turned it on. Saw the score, then turned it off. 45 seconds max! Heck.. when I got into bed I even asked Jim to turn it OFF.. he just about had a heart attack right there!

Kilroy
05-07-2003, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by steff3603
Hehe.. I got you beat. I turned it on. Saw the score, then turned it off. 45 seconds max! Heck.. when I got into bed I even asked Jim to turn it OFF.. he just about had a heart attack right there!

When that pop-up hit the grass, I just wanted to scream... so I did. I got yelled at for it too. My wife thought I'd wake the kids.

But I couldn't turn it off, no matter how much I wanted to. I tried to go to bed, but theres a tv in our room, and the remote was on my side. I turned off the lights, but I could see the outline of the remote in the shadows. I turned the other way, but I forgot to set the alarm so I reached back to do that but my hand landed on the remote instead of the clock. So I turned the game back on. I kind of whispered "alright now come on!!!", and then I heard my wife say "you're just gonna be mad. They suck."

She was right.

MHOUSE
05-07-2003, 08:44 AM
I was like here we go again when Buehrle walked two, loaded the bases, and the count went full. Then he pops him up and I am like ok he's back! Yes! Then I see D'Ang stumbling around and I am like no freaking way he will......and he DROPPED IT! I about lost it and my girlfriend (i was talking on the phone) was like whoa chill. I just stopped and sat in silence while the 3 unearned scored. Then I watched until the 5 or 6 before I started dozing off between double plays. Then I saw Buehrle pulled in the 8th and I went to bed. He was hitting 88-90 on the gun the 2-4 innings. I think he was real mad. He seemed to be working faster and throwing harder than ever up there. I love Mark, but on this display he should want to leave for St. Louis immediately and I don't blame him.

Hangar18
05-07-2003, 09:20 AM
I got a Hunch Last nite to NOT WATCH the game while I was out drinking last nite. Wouldve just put me in a Bad Mood and .......

Bobby Thigpen
05-07-2003, 09:23 AM
Could they look any ****tier?

They could be wearing really ugly uniforms.

Hangar18
05-07-2003, 09:29 AM
......But then I woke up this morning, just SURE the Sox lost last nite, so on the way to work, I turned on the Radio to see if my Hunch was Correct. Instead, I was treated to a full 45 Minutes of Hard Hitting, Serious Analysis, complete with inning by inning breakdowns, player stats, serious arm-chair managing, quotes by players, and Live "Pre-Recorded" audio from the TV telecast on the game. Breakdowns were very thorough, and time was taken to "set up" the inning scenarios. Callers were asked their thoughts on certain plays and there were some serious statistical background done on some of the players involved in the game. The Coverage was Nothing Short of SPECTACULAR and Im very glad that I was able to get thorough, concise, and COMPLETE coverage of last nites Riveting PLAYOFF game between the Cubs & Brewers

Dan H
05-07-2003, 09:31 AM
Let's face it. We've been sold a bill of goods on this team. And if Frank is going to have a monster year, he better get going. They all better get going. The excuse that "it's still early" is just an excuse.

Procol Harum
05-07-2003, 09:54 AM
I'm depressed because not only do the Sox stinketh mightily, but my baseball alternatives suddenly look unpromising.

Just the other night my son and I were chatting about the virtues of finding our baseball jollies elsewhere for 2003 because the Sox are such a fraud. The Cardinals looked like an excellent choice--relatively close if we wanted to drive down and see a game, it still gives the pleasure of detesting the Grubs, and we have some Cardinal fandom back in our Southern family tree. And then two nights in a row they've lost games on bottom-of-the-ninth homers, and apparently have lost 7 games total this year in the other team's last at bat. I can get that kind of dung on the South Side of Chicago for cryin' out loud....

Chisox353014
05-07-2003, 10:06 AM
Never thought it would happen by May 7th, but I've already reached the point where I cease ranting and raving and getting upset by the Sox. Normally, a dropped pop-up scoring 3 runs would have me swearing and chucking things across the room. But since it's so painfully obvious that this team has no chance to do anything this year, I just calmly turned off the TV and went and did something else. I'll still be watching most of the games, but why waste the energy to get upset over a lost cause?

Hangar18
05-07-2003, 10:18 AM
Man, the last time I saw a Sox Team that got off to such a Terrible start this early in the season, that couldnt hit worth a damn, defense was shoddy, and just couldnt run to save their lives....was 1995.
Anyone Remember how that season turned out?

Paulwny
05-07-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Dan H
Let's face it. We've been sold a bill of goods on this team.

P T Barnum would be smiling.