PDA

View Full Version : Where is the biggest hole?


MarqSox
05-06-2003, 01:58 PM
I've been thinking of a way to upgrade this team, and I'm really at a loss.

LuvSox
05-06-2003, 02:02 PM
The biggest 'hole' is Williams

hold2dibber
05-06-2003, 02:30 PM
(1) Left handed bat with some pop (Brian Giles, J.D. Drew, etc. If/when Borchard is ready, he could fix this problem in a hurry)

(2) Speed

(3) Starting pitching (Buehrle and Colon are solid if not spectacular, but everyone else is a ? at this point).

ode to veeck
05-06-2003, 02:35 PM
Biggest hole is hitting across the board, hard to believe this is the same team (mostly) that lead the majors in runs scored in 2000

Dadawg_77
05-06-2003, 02:49 PM
No solid Lefties on the team. This team kills lefty pitching but is tamed by righties.

baggio202
05-06-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
No solid Lefties on the team. This team kills lefty pitching but is tamed by righties.

we arnt even hitting lefties anymore..zito and mulder shut us down cold...

the biggest weakness right now is CF...would any other team in baseball even think of sticking willie harris in CF..or go into the season with aaron rowand as their starting CF despite the fact he has never played a full season and couldnt work out all winter because of shoulder surgery???.

thats like going into the season thinking jim parque would be your ace :o:

Dadawg_77
05-06-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
we arnt even hitting lefties anymore..zito and mulder shut us down cold...

the biggest weakness right now is CF...would any other team in baseball even think of sticking willie harris in CF..or go into the season with aaron rowand as their starting CF despite the fact he has never played a full season and couldnt work out all winter because of shoulder surgery???.

thats like going into the season thinking jim parque would be your ace :o:

Zito and Mulder are two of the best pitchers in the AL, so it hard to use them as an example to disprove generalizations. LTP will take over in center next year or even this year, thus they are using stop gap meaures for now.

Nixey 02
05-06-2003, 04:33 PM
can you pick more than one?

I'd say our biggest holes would be in the "heart" and attitude departments. :(:

thecell
05-06-2003, 04:39 PM
the biggest hole is JM's head

TheBigHurt
05-06-2003, 06:14 PM
THE outfield and Shortstops are the 2 biggest hole's

EDIT: I agree with thecell :angry: BE GOOD

thezeker
05-06-2003, 06:23 PM
The biggest hole is at DH.
They've got Frank's number and he can't adjust. They pitch him inside consistently , back him off and then he can't do anything with the pitch on the outside of the plate.
He's done.
I believe his attitude is infecting this team ala Mo Vaughn with the Angels 2 years ago.
Let's give Daubach a week at DH. It can't get much worse.

TheBigHurt
05-06-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by thezeker
The biggest hole is at DH.
They've got Frank's number and he can't adjust. They pitch him inside consistently , back him off and then he can't do anything with the pitch on the outside of the plate.
He's done.
I believe his attitude is infecting this team ala Mo Vaughn with the Angels 2 years ago.
Let's give Daubach a week at DH. It can't get much worse.

YEAH Mr. Hurt is done HE'S leading this team in On Base Percentage. I know hes hitting like crap so rather then bench your leader in OBP bat him 2ndBE GOOD

lowesox
05-06-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
YEAH Mr. Hurt is done HE'S leading this team in On Base Percentage. I know hes hitting like crap so rather then bench your leader in OBP bat him 2ndBE GOOD

Having a team who is continually looking for homeruns. We need a hitting coach who pushes line drives. Gary Ward doesn't. He, thus, is this teams largest weekspot.

chisox06
05-07-2003, 12:27 AM
I would go with the will to win. These guys dont care.