PDA

View Full Version : (NOT) Yahoo Sports Publishes "The Rumor"

wulfy
05-06-2003, 01:40 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted, but it's the first time I saw it on line .....

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=citadel-2_109455_261&prov=citadel&type=lgns

Hullett_Fan
05-06-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by wulfy
Sorry if this has already been posted, but it's the first time I saw it on line .....

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=citadel-2_109455_261&prov=citadel&type=lgns

Thanks for posting it. I'd like to see Shaffer get the job.

SoxxoS
05-06-2003, 02:00 PM
We are batting .244 collectively.

Wow.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-06-2003, 02:02 PM
Not to bring you down too much, but you really ought to consider the reliability of your sources when linking to Yahoo. It's not the AP or Reuters--or even Yahoo, for that matter--who is the source of this rumor "report".

SoxxoS
05-06-2003, 02:39 PM
Good call, Pale-I didnt even notice that.

For those who don't know where I got the rumor from (soxtalk.com) is the message board for the site that guy from the Yahoo report, runs. In other words, he read the same thing I did, and somehow soxnet.net is a good enough site for Yahoo. Don't take any more in that report than whats there. Its the same thing you have been reading on here.

baggio202
05-06-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Not to bring you down too much, but you really ought to consider the reliability of your sources when linking to Yahoo. It's not the AP or Reuters--or even Yahoo, for that matter--who is the source of this rumor "report".

the same source that told WSI about the koch trade a week in advance...she's very reliable...she also said there were some hang ups with this and it wasnt a done deal yet..but that this move was being persued...remember...things can change in a second...but at the time she broke this story i believe 100% in her source...i know who one of her sources are..and for whatever my word is worth he is definately in the know...

Jjav829
05-06-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Good call, Pale-I didnt even notice that.

For those who don't know where I got the rumor from (soxtalk.com) is the message board for the site that guy from the Yahoo report, runs. In other words, he read the same thing I did, and somehow soxnet.net is a good enough site for Yahoo. Don't take any more in that report than whats there. Its the same thing you have been reading on here.

To make it clear, SoxNet.net joined something called Insiders.com which is apparently in partnership with Yahoo. It wasn't that someone from Yahoo just happened to find this and post it. They posted it because of this Insiders.com site. Yahoo having it on their site doesn't make it any more reliable.

wulfy
05-06-2003, 03:03 PM
It's a tangled world of content we live in, isn't it?

Sorry, didn't mean to say any more than this was posted on Yahoo Sports.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-06-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
the same source that told WSI about the koch trade a week in advance...she's very reliable...she also said there were some hang ups with this and it wasnt a done deal yet..but that this move was being persued...remember...things can change in a second...but at the time she broke this story i believe 100% in her source...i know who one of her sources are..and for whatever my word is worth he is definately in the know...

Very well. It's HSC's rumor, not Yahoo's. She may be right because she has a history of being right. The fact she also flew off the handle for anyone here even suggesting she might be wrong doesn't change her prior history of being right. Properly ascribing the source of the rumor is my only point.

Chisoxfn
05-06-2003, 03:20 PM
Like Baggs said anything can happen. Currently all it is is a rumor, but from a very good source. Like any rumor things can change so take it for what its worth, their is talk among the organization that KW will be gone and it could be happening very soon, but as Baggs said, things can change.

The Sox traded for Erstad a year ago, but things changed and the deal didn't go through because ownership nixed it (Angels ownership).

Let me also say I trust the person that told us this information 100% just like Baggs does.

MarqSox
05-06-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Chisoxfn
Like Baggs said anything can happen. Currently all it is is a rumor, but from a very good source. Like any rumor things can change so take it for what its worth, their is talk among the organization that KW will be gone and it could be happening very soon, but as Baggs said, things can change.

The Sox traded for Erstad a year ago, but things changed and the deal didn't go through because ownership nixed it (Angels ownership).

Let me also say I trust the person that told us this information 100% just like Baggs does.

So what you're saying is ... Things can change? :D:

Chisoxfn
05-06-2003, 03:33 PM
Lol, thats exactly what I'm saying. But in this instance I think were very close to hearing an announcement of some sort.

This move makes sense though. From what I have heard ownership is rather split right now, and this type of move will help even the tension now that Einhorn is back.

kermittheefrog
05-06-2003, 03:57 PM
I think the big question here is who will be the next Sox GM? I'd imagine someone will take the interim tag but at the end of the season who is it? I really hope we go outside the organization this time and go to someone like Paul Depodesta but I don't think the Sox have been enough of a failure for owners to go for a complete retooling like that.

Rocky Soprano
05-06-2003, 04:04 PM
Well we cant say that Ken Williams did not try to help us out. Maybe he tried too hard. He tried getting us players but they kept blowing up in his face.

If its true that he is messing with JM then he needs to get fired. I like JM and dont think he is the problem behind our current woes.

I say for new GM they should hire a few of us here. :)

thecell
05-06-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
I say for new GM they should hire a few of us here. :)

GM by committee...

MRKARNO
05-06-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by thecell
GM by committee...

3 separate and independent GMs...

Irishsox1
05-07-2003, 12:57 PM
I love the rumor. Kenny is the biggest problem with the Sox. He is an arrogant dumbass that is way in over his head. I would rather have Kenny tossed that Jerry.

NC_sox_fan
05-07-2003, 07:55 PM
Well....if Kenny is gone, maybe we'll get to see just what kind of a manager JM really is. In fact, with Kenny gone, some of his cronies within the Sox organization might disappear as well (see ya Boston and Razor?).

Could be Verr-rry Intersting. :?:

PaleHoseGeorge
05-07-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by NC_sox_fan
Well....if Kenny is gone, maybe we'll get to see just what kind of a manager JM really is. In fact, with Kenny gone, some of his cronies within the Sox organization might disappear as well (see ya Boston and Razor?).

Could be Verr-rry Intersting. :?:

Manuel was Manager of the Year in 2000. Then Williams shows up as new GM and Manuel starts making screwy decisions. It was insanity starting in April, 2001, when Manuel postulated that playing defense could make up for injured starting pitchers. By the time Manuel "snapped out of it", the Sox were buried and never recovered.

Why did Jerry Manuel turn so stupid in 2001? If Eddie Einhorn is stepping on Kenny Williams for interfering with the Sox manager's duties, I think we FINALLY have our answer.

Maybe Manuel has simply played the role of the idiot manager as can only be expected from a helpless puppet controlled by an idiot puppeteer.

:KW
"Speaking of puppets, if my name was Pinnocchio, I would fall over from the weight of my 6-foot nose!"

Chisoxfn
05-08-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Manuel was Manager of the Year in 2000. Then Williams shows up as new GM and Manuel starts making screwy decisions. It was insanity starting in April, 2001, when Manuel postulated that playing defense could make up for injured starting pitchers. By the time Manuel "snapped out of it", the Sox were buried and never recovered.

Why did Jerry Manuel turn so stupid in 2001? If Eddie Einhorn is stepping on Kenny Williams for interfering with the Sox manager's duties, I think we FINALLY have our answer.

Maybe Manuel has simply played the role of the idiot manager as can only be expected from a helpless puppet controlled by an idiot puppeteer.

:KW
"Speaking of puppets, if my name was Pinnocchio, I would fall over from the weight of my 6-foot nose!"

George I agree with ya. The only thing is, I don't really want a manager that, if the stories are true ,(In regards to KW calling the shots) is willing to let a GM tell him how to manage. For pete sakes, he has to stick up for himself and say hey I know how to manage and if he has a problem talk to Williams and say I understand you should have input, but when it comes to personel decisions on the field, they have to be mine, otherwise you can find another gm that will let you hold their strings.

ChiSoxBobette
05-08-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by wulfy

What a bunch of crapola this turned into.
:angry: -White Sox Fans
:(: -White Sox fans
:?: -Jerry manuel

alohafri
05-09-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
:capone
Not if I have anything to say about it.

TheBigHurt
05-09-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
:angry: -White Sox Fans
:(: -White Sox fans
:?: -Jerry manuel
US Sox fans are:
Angry
Sad
AND you forgot shocked BE GOOD