PDA

View Full Version : Take it for what it's worth

SoxxoS
05-06-2003, 02:17 AM
I was reading the other Sox message board (I'm not a member, but I try to read as much Sox stuff as I can) Anyway, the girl that left this board b/c some people berated her when she said she had some "inside info" when the Sox were going to acquire Billy Koch just posted some more information I thought was definitely interesting. (I think her name on here was hsc, and it's hotsoxchick on the other message board. Anyway here is her message she just posted-
....was supposed to happen today but didnt for some reason or another but look for it to be announced anytime now..........kw will resign or take on another position in the org... due to family issues.....jm stays for now........there was a huge blow out on saturday and thats why kw was headed down to charlotte.......he was told by eddie to leave jm alone and let him do his job and when he was found interfeering with jm's decisions on friday he was warned the final time.... and the discussion fell into saturday and the rest is history.....or not for discussion........so look for kw to be ousted soon

Obviously not 100%, but she was dead on with the Koch thing, so why not?
Thoughts? No word on a possible replacement if this comes true...

Brian26
05-06-2003, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
...he was told by eddie to leave jm alone and let him do his job and when he was found interfeering with jm's decisions on friday he was warned the final time.... and the discussion fell into saturday and the rest is history.....or not for discussion........so look for kw to be ousted soon[/I]

Eddie meaning Eddie Einhorn? That's so interesting. Didn't even think he was involved anymore.

jeremyb1
05-06-2003, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
I was reading the other Sox message board (I'm not a member, but I try to read as much Sox stuff as I can) Anyway, the girl that left this board b/c some people berated her when she said she had some "inside info" when the Sox were going to acquire Billy Koch just posted some more information I thought was definitely interesting. (I think her name on here was hsc, and it's hotsoxchick on the other message board. Anyway here is her message she just posted-
....was supposed to happen today but didnt for some reason or another but look for it to be announced anytime now..........kw will resign or take on another position in the org... due to family issues.....jm stays for now........there was a huge blow out on saturday and thats why kw was headed down to charlotte.......he was told by eddie to leave jm alone and let him do his job and when he was found interfeering with jm's decisions on friday he was warned the final time.... and the discussion fell into saturday and the rest is history.....or not for discussion........so look for kw to be ousted soon

Obviously not 100%, but she was dead on with the Koch thing, so why not?
Thoughts? No word on a possible replacement if this comes true...

the obvious question this brings up is in the event this is true, could kw's dismissal have any positive impact on the team in the short run? if it possible that he's been interfering to such a large extent that its significantly hurt the team's ability to perform?

valposoxfan
05-06-2003, 04:23 AM
This is huge and very very interesting. I take much stock in what she says. She was dead on with the Koch deal and it is a shame that she was run out of here like she was. This is a credible source everyone. This is big news. Looks like KW is out. Apparently it is starting right at the top. Unbelievable.

steff
05-06-2003, 05:38 AM
Good morning guys...

Michelle's info is 100% correct. We both (from 2 diffferent sources) got the same info. You're right.. take it for what it's worth, but the information we both heard about were exact down to an incident KW had with a player in the locker room Friday night.

jeremyb1
05-06-2003, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by steff3603
Good morning guys...

Michelle's info is 100% correct. We both (from 2 diffferent sources) got the same info. You're right.. take it for what it's worth, but the information we both heard about were exact down to an incident KW had with a player in the locker room Friday night.

doesn't sound implausible to me but the sun times reports kw is headed to oakland with the team which would seem to directly refute the claim.

GASHWOUND
05-06-2003, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by TommyJohn
She wasn't run out. She was a thin-skinned wah-wah who quit
coming to these boards on her own because not everyone here
just automatically believed her Koch trade story. After all, every-
one who posts stuff on the internet is telling the truth, right?
No one here had any right whatsoever to question her story
without her offering any proof? She was a hissy-fit throwing
baby and I say, good freakin' riddance.

Oh brother, don't be ridicules..if you actually spent any significant time talking to her(and I had the pleasure of talking to her from time to time on the other messageboard) she's no "thin-skinned wah-wah" She's a very funny, eduacated, and take no crap from anyone Sox fan. You think she posts 20 silly internet rumors a day or something the way you are describing it. Like I said earlier, spend some time with her and you would not say that.

LuvSox
05-06-2003, 07:45 AM
Is she as 'hot' as she says she is? :)

Hangar18
05-06-2003, 07:47 AM
I got the feeling she was run out, but then again, she shouldve stood up to some of the people who were all over her and stood her ground. she was totally dead-on with that call I remember.

Iguana775
05-06-2003, 07:49 AM

from what I remember, she was totally tore apart by some members on this board. everyone has a right to question her but not to attach her personally. JMO.

CLR01
05-06-2003, 07:54 AM

She quit coming because of the harassment she took for not naming her source or giving any information about him and because her timing was off by a day. She may have quit on her own but she was helped out the door.

Hangar18
05-06-2003, 07:56 AM
I know sox fans are a passionate bunch, but sometimes, I see people getting really personal. thats too bad. I know most dont mean it...but we have to tone it down a notch sometimes. We wont always agree, but thats what I like about this place....

steff
05-06-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by CLR01
She quit coming because of the harassment she took for not naming her source or giving any information about him and because her timing was off by a day. She may have quit on her own but she was helped out the door.

Yikes! Well.. I'm not naming my source. Ya'll gonna run me outta town, too... :o: :?:

Hangar18
05-06-2003, 08:00 AM
Yikes! Well.. I'm not naming my source. Ya'll gonna run me outta town, too... :o: :?:

I like steff!

MHOUSE
05-06-2003, 08:08 AM
Well hey if they can start with KW and work out the problems from there on down then by all means do it! If he was influencing JM's decisions then perhaps the team will improve short-term.

If KW is the root of the problems, then: a) that pisses me off about KW especially after he made some respectable moves this offseason and I starting to like him more b) makes me feel bad about being so hard on JM if his hands were really tied from above. All of this is still to be seen come true, but I hope this is the time they make some real changes. Regardless, I think JM's days are numbered.

southpaw40
05-06-2003, 08:45 AM
Like SoxxoS, I read the other board for any info about the Sox. I believe there are posters there who have connections from which they can get inside info. Some of the folks there are very convincing in their belief that KW manipulates the games by making frequent calls to the dugout or by being present in the runway behind the dugout while the game is in progress. There has been mention there that Mr. Einhorn has voiced his displeasure about this practice to KW, and possibly more than on one occassion.
If this is true, maybe we haven't been seeing the real JM managerial style. This is a very interesting piece of info, and I will be watching to see what happens in the next few days.

LuvSox
05-06-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by southpaw40
This is a very interesting piece of info, and I will be watching to see what happens in the next few days.

Very interesting indeed. I'll be the first in line to eat crow if it turns out JM actually has managerial skills. Although he sucked before KW came along.

My three year old daughter wants to know why this guy :whiner: is crying and why this guy :angry: is mad. Kids are great!!!!

Bobby Thigpen
05-06-2003, 08:57 AM
I called it!!!

Well kinda. A few weeks ago I wrote a post called "Conspiracy Theory" that was based on the idea that JM was being undermined from above. Of course I initially blamed Reinsdorf, but KW was implicated heavily. So obviously I am a genius. :)

Ok, maybe not, but at least this gives me something to talk about with the Sox other than the fact that they suck so bad right now.

Hangar18
05-06-2003, 09:04 AM
Hey Thiggy, this is definitely getting interesting. I wonder if years from now. A story of Greed and Deception. Treachery and BackStabbing. Lust for Power. The Bard in Art Imitating Life

Bobby Thigpen
05-06-2003, 09:08 AM
What can I say, it's a gift. :D:

steff
05-06-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Very interesting indeed. I'll be the first in line to eat crow if it turns out JM actually has managerial skills. Although he sucked before KW came along.

JM managed the 2000 Sox BEFORE KW came along...

Several players have spoken out that things were great that season and that the crap hit the fan when KW was named GM (Keith most notably).

baggio202
05-06-2003, 10:21 AM
HSC is a good friend of mine...even our kids hang together and we take in a lot of games ...she knows just about everyone at comiskey..she's really cool and people tend to gravitate to her..including alot of people in the know...

when she gives us a heads you can take it to the bank as being factual...doesnt always mean something wont change..she reported that the sox were gonna trade garland to anaheim...it didnt happen but then we found out a deal was done that was nixed by one of the higher ups in anaheim for erstad and garland (wonder if that guy got a huge bonus last fall )..she always said we were iches away from prying giles away from pittsburgh..didnt happen but it was in the mix...

if things change at the last minute and KW is not replaced it doesnt mean none of whats being said didnt happen...you can believe her when she says KW ties JM's hands...remember eddie einhorn was seriously ill for quite a while and was away from the day to day operations...i have it from another source that it was einhorn who brought danny evans into the sox family and eddie wasnt too happy that danny was passed over for KW..now einhorn is back and this info that he is not a big fan of KW makes alot of sense

dont know what will happen in the long run but one thing is for sure..thanks to EE the reigns on the disaster knows as KW are being pulled in

alot of people wouldnt be willing to put themselves out on the line like that to give us die hards this kind of inside info...makes her cool in my book

gosox41
05-06-2003, 10:29 AM
Good morning guys...

What was the incident and with what player? I don't know if you can tell or not. I do know a semi-insider with the team who I haven't talked to in a week or so, but haven't heard any such thing from that person. Usually that person keeps in contact with me is something happens, though it may not be as reliable as other sources.

Bob

Dadawg_77
05-06-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by baggio202

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15809&perpage=15&display=show&pagenumber=7

That is the Koch thread, just reread and it seems HSC expects people to take her for word right off the bat and was offended when people didn't. It didn't get personal or anything nasty, just people questioned the rumor and the questioning increased when the trade didn't happen that Monday. The Get Up Guy really threw fuel on the fire by posting like a moron, imo. Nothing againist HSC but some cynism is heathly espically while surfing the internet.

LuvSox
05-06-2003, 10:52 AM
JM managed the 2000 Sox BEFORE KW came along...

Several players have spoken out that things were great that season and that the crap hit the fan when KW was named GM (Keith most notably).

I don't think he's ever been all that great, just my opinion. Like I said, I'll be 'first in line' if it all turns out to be KW's fault.

steff
05-06-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
What was the incident and with what player? I don't know if you can tell or not. I do know a semi-insider with the team who I haven't talked to in a week or so, but haven't heard any such thing from that person. Usually that person keeps in contact with me is something happens, though it may not be as reliable as other sources.

Bob

An issue with Carlos Lee.

voodoochile
05-06-2003, 12:19 PM

No, you have earned our trust. At this point I'd say Hsc has also, but that last incident led to bad feelings and she chooses not to post here anymore. Too bad, I imagine her info would be more easily accepted the second time around.

In either case, it is an amazing story. I thought Einhorn didn't have much involvement anymore. Could this be the beginnings of a power struggle between JR and other board members?

Brian26
05-06-2003, 12:21 PM
An issue with Carlos Lee.

If it happened after Friday night's game, I can guarantee Kenny was in Caballo's face about the "falling down" play. Man, to be a fly on the wall...

baggio202
05-06-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
No, you have earned our trust. At this point I'd say Hsc has also, but that last incident led to bad feelings and she chooses not to post here anymore. Too bad, I imagine her info would be more easily accepted the second time around.

In either case, it is an amazing story. I thought Einhorn didn't have much involvement anymore. Could this be the beginnings of a power struggle between JR and other board members?

remember einhorn was seriously ill for quite a few years..there were rumors that he was on his death bed...but he has fully recovered and is getting back to his day to day activities with the sox....maybe thats what it would take to save this franchise..somebody returning from the dead

valposoxfan
05-06-2003, 12:32 PM
I don't know about anyone else but I'm sick of speculating. I want some action already. A simple, definitive yes or no to if there are going to be any changes....

steff
05-06-2003, 12:50 PM
Guys.. I'll be real honest with you.. when I heard about this Saturday night I thought about posting something. But the way things got/get blown out of proportion around here.. there was no way. Additionally I could never reveal my source and I knew that would cause an issue.

I'm going to add that I got another call from my "source" and he said that KW has inked the deal and that the press release is very soon to follow.

Hangar18
05-06-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

MAN......Weve got the perfect movie being written right in front of us. Tom Clancy.....give me a call....

Hangar18
05-06-2003, 12:52 PM
Guys.. I'll be real honest with you.. when I heard about this Saturday night I thought about posting something. But the way things got/get blown out of proportion around here.. there was no way. Additionally I could never reveal my source and I knew that would cause an issue.

I'm going to add that I got another call from my "source" and he said that KW has inked the deal and that the press release is very soon to follow.

STEFF, the suspense is Killing ME! Ink the deal for what? A TRADE? or him stepping down??

steff
05-06-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
STEFF, the suspense is Killing ME! Ink the deal for what? A TRADE? or him stepping down??

LOL.. now wasn't it faster to just call me :D:

LuvSox
05-06-2003, 01:02 PM

Don't know you, never met you. It doesn't matter who your source is, as long as it's true. What else ya got? :D:

whitesoxwilkes
05-06-2003, 02:35 PM
Is she as 'hot' as she says she is? :)

Resounding noooooo!

LuvSox
05-06-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
Resounding noooooo!

Where is the tag for "I'm peeing my pants from laughing so hard"? :D:

ode to veeck
05-06-2003, 03:05 PM
MAN......Weve got the perfect movie being written right in front of us. Tom Clancy.....give me a call....

hmmm, can we pencil in some of the actors?

ben aflick with lots of makeup, as the hero EE?
jonathon winters as JR?
ted nugent as daver ... pfft thwack

whitesoxwilkes
05-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck

jonathon winters as JR?

I went to HS with Tyson Beckford...he'd make a mean KW...

southpaw40
05-06-2003, 03:09 PM
alot of people wouldnt be willing to put themselves out on the line like that to give us die hards this kind of inside info...makes her cool in my book [/B][/QUOTE]

so is she now known as "coolsoxchick"

Nellie_Fox
05-06-2003, 03:50 PM
For some reason, I had never read this original thread. I just tried, but gave up after about ten pages. I have to say, I didn't think anyone was nasty to HSC prior to finding out she was correct, there were just a lot who didn't accept her report at face value. Unless I missed something, if she left over that I'd say she's thin skinned.

I think her last post was the real long one with no capital letters and sentences connected by elipses (...) instead of a period and space. I find those kind of posts way too hard to read, so I didn't finish it. Maybe she said in there what she was upset about, but I'll never know.

Anyway, I did think that the most interesting post was from hold2dibber: If Billy Koch is our closer next year (and it seems pretty unlikely to me), people will be waxing poetic about the good ole' days of Keith Foulke by the end of May.
Dead on, Dibber.

Hangar18
05-06-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck

jonathon winters as JR?

"......and IN his first serious role as an actor, Steve Harvey stars as the Suave but domineering GM Kenny Williams..."

Dadawg_77
05-06-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

Anyway, I did think that the most interesting post was from hold2dibber: Dead on, Dibber.

Actually, he was a month off, the end April it started.

cheeses_h_rice
05-06-2003, 04:34 PM
For some reason, I had never read this original thread. I just tried, but gave up after about ten pages. I have to say, I didn't think anyone was nasty to HSC prior to finding out she was correct, there were just a lot who didn't accept her report at face value. Unless I missed something, if she left over that I'd say she's thin skinned.

I just re-read the entire thread, too, and really, it was a lot of to-do about nothing.

Lip Man and one or two other posters initially downplayed her tip as possibly being just "internet rumors," and some rightfully said that anyone could start a rumor about anything. What these folks didn't know at the time is that hotsoxchick *does* have connections with some people in the know.

However, once the rumor was confirmed, Lip Man did apologize to hsc (though not in "big letters" as he promised), but apparently the "offensive" nature of the posts from some of the skeptics left a bad taste in her mouth.

The whole thing really blew up when Get Up Guy came on here, basically said "Shame on you" and "Eff you" and stormed off. Kermit then told GuG "good riddance, who needs you," which seemed to skeeve off even more people, who love GuG or hsc. PHG also tsk-tsked hsc and said rumors would NOT be tolerated on WSI (which is a stance I disagree with). He also insulted GuG for the way he acted. So, things got personal, which is why certain people no longer post here, which is a shame.

hold2dibber
05-06-2003, 04:46 PM

I think her last post was the real long one with no capital letters and sentences connected by elipses (...) instead of a period and space. I find those kind of posts way too hard to read, so I didn't finish it. Maybe she said in there what she was upset about, but I'll never know.

Anyway, I did think that the most interesting post was from hold2dibber: Dead on, Dibber.

That's a first! :D:

maurice
05-06-2003, 04:52 PM
This post summed the thread up pretty well (sans shift key and grammar :D: ):

Originally posted by idseer
hsc, i went back and reread all the posts relative to your trade post, and really i saw lip's comments of course and he did apologize shortly after it came out as fact (tho it seemed a small apology compared to the large posts he made). two others made questionable remarks that i guess you could say may have been worthy of apologies. but they weren't really nasty.
things got nasty when, in fact, gug made his post. maybe you understand his reason for it, and maybe he's all the good things you say about him ... but his post was still way out of proportion to what went down. i don't think any of it would have happened without his post. worst case you'd have felt 2 guys should have apologized and didn't. no big deal here. i'd hate to see you hold back info you'd normally share now simply in defense of your friend. he did bring that on himself.

hsc & gug's posts incorrectly claimed that Lip never apologized and seriously misconstrued Kermit's posts. In other words, hsc & gug's posts contained all the qualities of Bad WSI Posts (tm). Fortunately, Good WSI Posts (tm) outnumber Bad WSI Posts (tm) by a pretty wide margin, and that's what keeps folks coming back here.

It's a shame we can't get hsc's insider info directly but, IMHO, the "loss" of gug is a Very Good Thing (tm).

LuvSox
05-06-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by maurice
Fortunately, Good WSI Posts (tm) outnumber Bad WSI Posts (tm) by a pretty wide margin, and that's what keeps folks coming back here.

I posted on the 'official' site exclusively for several years. Bad posts out numbered good ones by at least 2:1. I had enough at the end of last season. I tried Soxnet; not much better. WSI is far and away the most adult and honest board available.

WhiteSoxWinner
05-06-2003, 05:04 PM
I posted on the 'official' site exclusively for several years. Bad posts out numbered good ones by at least 2:1. I had enough at the end of last season. I tried Soxnet; not much better. WSI is far and away the most adult and honest board available.

Awwwww, can we get a group hug now?

thecell
05-06-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSoxWinner
Awwwww, can we get a group hug now?

Who keeps grabbing my butt?!

joecrede
05-06-2003, 08:35 PM
Not being an active board viewer/poster at the time, I just love the fact that The Get-Up-Guy frequented here AND was involved in board drama.

You can't get much more top shelf Sox celebrity fan this side of Daley than the GuG. :)

TornLabrum
05-06-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by thecell
Who keeps grabbing my butt?!

What was that about "adult posts"?

LuvSox
05-06-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
What was that about "adult posts"?

On the other hand, WSI has a charming middle school quality about it. :D:

gosox41
05-06-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by joecrede
Not being an active board viewer/poster at the time, I just love the fact that The Get-Up-Guy frequented here AND was involved in board drama.

You can't get much more top shelf Sox celebrity fan this side of Daley than the GuG. :)

I'm out of the loop here, but what happened to GUG. Not only doesn't he post here anymore, but I haven't seen him at any games this year. Granted, I haven't looked much, but when he's doing his thing he's hard to miss.

Bob

Jjav829
05-06-2003, 11:42 PM
I'm out of the loop here, but what happened to GUG. Not only doesn't he post here anymore, but I haven't seen him at any games this year. Granted, I haven't looked much, but when he's doing his thing he's hard to miss.

Bob

I'm sure someone else can shed some more light on it, but I guess he called up The Score during the J.Hood show the other night and was complaining about how the Sox were trying to shut him up.

Brian26
05-06-2003, 11:45 PM
I'd rather have Ribbie and Roobarb back as the official team mascots before having to deal with Get Up Guy again. At least Ribbie and Roob didn't have egos.

Daver
05-06-2003, 11:49 PM

Bob

He never posted here,aside from flaming some of the regular posters here.

UnderpantsGnome
05-07-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by baggio202
she reported that the sox were gonna trade garland to anaheim...it didnt happen but then we found out a deal was done that was nixed by one of the higher ups in anaheim for erstad and garland (wonder if that guy got a huge bonus last fall )..

That deal looks pretty good right now, IMO :whiner:

Hangar18
05-07-2003, 09:37 AM
WSI is far and away the most adult and honest board available.

I love sites that are "Adult" in nature

gosox41
05-07-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by UnderpantsGnome
That deal looks pretty good right now, IMO :whiner:

The deal would look even better if you take into consideration the fact that if Garland were traded, the Sox were not likely going to then trade both Wells and Fogg for Ritchie.

Bob

Lip Man 1
05-11-2003, 01:19 AM
We'll have to see how the latest information plays out. Right now that person is 1-2. She correctly said that Billy Koch would be traded to the Sox and incorrectly said that Frank Thomas would be signing an offer from the Orioles.

Lip