PDA

View Full Version : there's always next year

soxgal40
05-05-2003, 09:32 PM
i don't know about you guys but the sox stink. the pitching and the hitting is just terrible. i think it's time to fire either jerry manuel or kenny williams. i'll be happy if its both. think about it: "newly aquired" Billy Koch and Bartolo Colon are supposed to be winning games...not losing them. look at keith foulke...he's doing good. the problem with kw is that if one player has one bad season they're gone. the sox are supposed to be good. i hate to say this, but....the cubs are even better than us. our offense stinks, and so does the defense. its just a matter of time until detroit starts doing better. don't get me wrong, i love the sox. i am a die hard fan...but i admit it...they stink. the sox HAVE to do something to get it going. i mean we are hosting the all-star game. right? we should be doing good. well, once again, i don't see a world series championship for us this year...then again, there's always next year. right?

TornLabrum
05-05-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by soxgal40
i don't know about you guys but the sox stink. the pitching and the hitting is just terrible. i think it's time to fire either jerry manuel or kenny williams. i'll be happy if its both. think about it: "newly aquired" Billy Koch and Bartolo Colon are supposed to be winning games...not losing them. look at keith foulke...he's doing good. the problem with kw is that if one player has one bad season they're gone. the sox are supposed to be good. i hate to say this, but....the cubs are even better than us. our offense stinks, and so does the defense. its just a matter of time until detroit starts doing better. don't get me wrong, i love the sox. i am a die hard fan...but i admit it...they stink. the sox HAVE to do something to get it going. i mean we are hosting the all-star game. right? we should be doing good. well, once again, i don't see a world series championship for us this year...then again, there's always next year. right?

I've had 43 "next years" since the last "this year"! When does it become too much and the fans get disgusted and just quit?

Hangar18
05-05-2003, 10:25 PM
Im getting sick of saying it myself. At least Yankee fans know next year is a legitimate saying.

Procol Harum
05-05-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
I've had 43 "next years" since the last "this year"! When does it become too much and the fans get disgusted and just quit?

I'm wit' ya on that one, TL. Had enough of this "Wait until next year" stuff.

Kilroy
05-05-2003, 11:17 PM

Originally posted by Procol Harum

I'm wit' ya on that one, TL. Had enough of this "Wait until next year" stuff.

You guys do realize that Anaheim started off 6-14 last year, right? And they were 15-15 at this date last year.

We all know the Sox are better than what we've seen so far as well. Now I'm not saying they will do this or they will do that, but I am saying that its a little too soon to pack it in just yet.

I think we can go another 2 series at least. I think the worst part about it has been the way the team has played, and that makes it easier to give up on them, because they look like they have given up...

TornLabrum
05-05-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
You guys do realize that Anaheim started off 6-14 last year, right? And they were 15-15 at this date last year.

We all know the Sox are better than what we've seen so far as well. Now I'm not saying they will do this or they will do that, but I am saying that its a little too soon to pack it in just yet.

I think we can go another 2 series at least. I think the worst part about it has been the way the team has played, and that makes it easier to give up on them, because they look like they have given up...

And the difference between the 2002 Angels and 2003 Sox? Can you say Mike Scoscia vs. Jerry Manuel?

TheBigHurt
05-05-2003, 11:48 PM
And the difference between the 2002 Angels and 2003 Sox? Can you say Mike Scoscia vs. Jerry Manuel?
YA, and a good closer......AT least not yet BE GOOD

MRKARNO
05-06-2003, 12:27 AM
This year will not be lost If and only if my signature comes through (including the part about Wrigley)