PDA

View Full Version : Corwin Malone

Vsahajpal
05-05-2003, 04:35 PM
Rotten luck for the kid, it's not lookin' good.

The White Sox put lefty Corwin Malone on the DL with a sore shoulder after his dismal start last Thursday. Malone surrendered nine hits and eight runs in 1 2/3, dropping to 2-2, 7.16 on the season.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/dish.html

Hangar18
05-05-2003, 04:37 PM
Well, the SOX might as well go ahead and get hit with all the bad luck in the world now, heh heh

Lip Man 1
05-05-2003, 11:21 PM
Isn't this Malone's second serious arm problem?

Just another notch on the long list of Sox pitchers who for various reasons never "cut" it (no pun intended...)

Lorenzo Barcelo where are you?

Lip

jeremyb1
05-05-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Isn't this Malone's second serious arm problem?

Just another notch on the long list of Sox pitchers who for various reasons never "cut" it (no pun intended...)

Lorenzo Barcelo where are you?

i don't know why you'd think this is unique to the white sox. many, many minor league pitchers have their careers derailed by arm problems. its very common because its very common for young pitchers to develop arm problems.

fuzzy_patters
05-06-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
i don't know why you'd think this is unique to the white sox. many, many minor league pitchers have their careers derailed by arm problems. its very common because its very common for young pitchers to develop arm problems.

You are correct. He was also misleading in bringing up Lorenzo Barcelo. The Sox did not cause any injuries to Barcelo. In fact, Barcelo had spent quite a bit of time on the DL and had shoulder surgery before the Sox traded for him. If the Sox were guilty of anything it was trading for damaged goods.

Dadawg_77
05-06-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by jeremyb1

But the biggest problem is tons of these injuries are preventable but the Sox and many organizations don't take steps to prevent the injuries. The Sox, if not MLB, should no needs to commision medical studies in order to advance knowledge on injuries in baseball. They need to move beyond the Red Book.