PDA

View Full Version : My job is raffling a chance to throw out the first pitch at the PissField

Rocky Soprano
05-05-2003, 01:13 PM
Yup, Harris Bank is having two sponsored days at PissField. They are going to raffle off the chance for an employee to throw out the first pitch on June 24th.

Now lets say I win this, what should I do?

A. Just throw the pitch.

B. Throw the pitch and then take off my shirt to show everyone in the park that Im wearing a Cubs Suck shirt underneath?

C. Throw the pitch at Sammy's head.

D. Throw the pitch at Dusty Baker.

or

E. Throw the pitch at Sammy's Head.

What do you guys think? :D:

FJA
05-05-2003, 01:22 PM
I'd go with the Cubs suck shirt ... make sure you have someone with a good camera; that photo will be priceless. (I happen to have one outside the place with my Cubs suck shirt on) :D:

LuvSox
05-05-2003, 01:24 PM
What are your thoughts on a pre-dawn suicide bomb?

Procol Harum
05-05-2003, 01:27 PM
No sense in getting semi-scatalogical--how about one of those "Cubs Magic Number--9-1-1" shirts? Said shirt should also throw some cold water on Cub fan delusions of glory.

voodoochile
05-05-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
What are your thoughts on a pre-dawn suicide bomb?

Me thinks this "Sox Army" thing is going a bit too far... :)

Personally, I vote for a "Damn Right I'm a Sox Fan" T-shirt from WSI. Of course, I'm biased in the matter...

I bet they will not let you wear anything that might cause a scene. Just throw the ball and have fun. You might even get frisked or checked for electronics given recent fan incidents.

FarmerAndy
05-05-2003, 02:14 PM
I would would just wear a Sox jersey.

Hangar18
05-05-2003, 02:59 PM
GO WITH CHOICE # B !!!!
wear your sox jersey, then when you take the mound, QUICKLY TAKE THE JERSEY OFF REVEALING THE CUBS SUCK SHIRT, and Throw the pitch quickly!!!!

bc2k
05-05-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano

John Rocker it. Rocker used to throw fastballs at the net behind home plate to scare fans, then called them stupid for ducking when they can clearly see the net in front of them.

Or you can pull a Ben Christiansen (sp) on Sosa. But whatever you do, definitely wear a Sox jersey.

hose
05-05-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
Yup, Harris Bank is having two sponsored days at PissField. They are going to raffle off the chance for an employee to throw out the first pitch on June 24th.

A. Just throw the pitch.

B. Throw the pitch and then take off my shirt to show everyone in the park that Im wearing a Cubs Suck shirt underneath?

C. Throw the pitch at Sammy's head.

D. Throw the pitch at Dusty Baker.

or

E. Throw the pitch at Sammy's Head.

What do you guys think? :D:

I like voodoo's choice of the WSI t-shirt :D:

BTW are you throwing out the first baseball or cell phone?

Kilroy
05-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Just my opinion, but if you're gonna do something assinine, please DO NOT wear a Sox jersey or shirt. However, if you plan on conducting yourself w/ the class that we Sox fans say most Cub fans don't have, then by all means, sport your Sox colors.
Not Cubs Suck, not Magic number 911. Just wear a nice Sox jersey, and if they give you any static at all about it, find some guy or gal with a mike and raise holy hell about how they wouldn't let you wear your jersey.

MHOUSE
05-05-2003, 03:50 PM
Wear a sox jersey and hat. Don't do anything obscene or stupid to get yourself or sox fans in trouble. Just sport your colors and that will be enough to spite them.

Rocky Soprano
05-05-2003, 04:10 PM
I wouldnt do anything stupid. I just wanted to hear some replies. I thought it would be fun to imagine and just say what if...

If I were to win, I would behave myself but I would at least wear a Sox Hat.

Do they MAKE you wear Cubs stuff?

dllrbll7
05-05-2003, 05:26 PM
I admit i went to pissfield on Sunday and i wore my Sox jacket. I got allittle crap for it but not much. But if you go onto the field in a sox hat/jersey i think the sox should hire you as the PR guy or something because that definately shows that you got the balls to do anything. I do however like the idea of the fastball at Sammy but i would go with the jersey and hat. or how bout a jersey with the name on the back being "Cubs suck"?

steff
05-05-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
Just my opinion, but if you're gonna do something assinine, please DO NOT wear a Sox jersey or shirt. However, if you plan on conducting yourself w/ the class that we Sox fans say most Cub fans don't have, then by all means, sport your Sox colors.
Not Cubs Suck, not Magic number 911. Just wear a nice Sox jersey, and if they give you any static at all about it, find some guy or gal with a mike and raise holy hell about how they wouldn't let you wear your jersey.

THANK YOU Kilroy!! Don't be advertising you're a Sox fan if you're going to go over there and act like an idiot. Wear a Cubs jersey and do that. It's more believable :D:

Hangar18
05-05-2003, 07:05 PM
either that, or wear one of those Shiny Silver Robot Suits that are poor replicas of Bobblehead dolls. Just in case they dont let you wear any SOX things, hide it UNDER some Cub garb, and when you take the FIELD, THEN take it off showing your SOX colors.

HawkDJ
05-05-2003, 07:13 PM
I also am in a raffle to throw out the first pitch at Wrigley but it would be a Cubs-Sox game. My chances of winning are very small though.

alohafri
05-06-2003, 01:06 PM
From Missus Aloha:

Throw a fastball, then do a kissy kissy like shamME does to the camera. Mock the b*stard! Or just act like a total idiot and be sure to wear a scrub jersey while you do!!

Rocky Soprano
05-06-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
From Missus Aloha:

Throw a fastball, then do a kissy kissy like shamME does to the camera. Mock the b*stard! Or just act like a total idiot and be sure to wear a scrub jersey while you do!!

I like this idea but I think maybe Shamme is going to think that I am paying him a compliment.

I think the best thing to do is wear a Sox jersey underneath the Cubs and when I hit the mound, I would just take the Cubs one off and show everyone my Sox jersey. I wonder if whoever is going to catch would refuse to catch the ball.

hogsmom
05-06-2003, 07:56 PM
Don't throw at Sammy's head. You would hurt the baseball!!

Daver
05-06-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by hogsmom
Don't throw at Sammy's head. You would hurt the baseball!! Post of the Week. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=13)