PDA

View Full Version : Wheres the Media WitchHunt?

Hangar18
05-05-2003, 12:34 PM
I seem to recall last season, the Media Campaign was in Shock and Awe mode, covering every cub loss for 2 weeks before Baylor was cut loose. One of the bigger culprits was Cub Broadcasting Network The "Score". Murphys Relentless bashing of the manager, complete with quotes, Soundbites, and daily ripping of his decision-making made it Easy for the average and "weekend" cub fan to get on the wagon and turn it into a Civic Witchhunt. Baylor had no chance, once Mariotti jumped in. We need this kind of Media Attention to get something going on the southside, but what do we have instead? A FULL COLOR picture of the cub victory yesterday, with YET ANOTHER Back Page Color Picture of Little Darren Baker. How does this happen? Instead of covering a real sports story, The Chicago Media instead is now fixated on "Chicagos Newest Icon". Never mind that THEY created him and Dusty is Milking it for all its worth. Where is all the Media Attention? The Sox Dont Get the Attention when They Win, the cubs instead getting it (whats wrong with the cubs? why isnt alou hitting, when will we get prior?) So when we lose, and theyre winning, what happens ?? Oh...Cubs back page and darren baker stories. I hate the Chicago Media

valposoxfan
05-05-2003, 12:41 PM
Mariotti HAS jumped in. Read my thread from earlier....

Procol Harum
05-05-2003, 01:15 PM
Sox troubles will always be outshadowed by Cub success in this town's media--just as Sox success is often eclipsed by concern for Cub troubles. It's an easy formula.

Hangar18
05-05-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
Sox troubles will always be outshadowed by Cub success in this town's media--just as Sox success is often eclipsed by concern for Cub troubles. It's an easy formula.

Its an Amazing Formula Actually. Its a formula that on paper, makes absolutely no sense, Mathematically, Physically, Theoretically and otherwise. Kind of like when you put two gases together and get a Liquid? Blows the Mind.

Sox Win (SW) + Cubs Win (CW) = Cub Media Attention (CMA)
Sox Win (SW) + Cubs Loss (CL) = Cub media Attention (CMA)
Sox Lose(SL) + Cub Win (CW) = More Cub Media Attention (CMA+)
Sox Lose (SL) + Cub Loss (CL) = Cub Media Attention (CMA)

SO right now, were in this Mathematical Equation:
SL + CW = CMA+

MarqSox
05-05-2003, 03:28 PM
Now this thread is just silly ...

You're complaining that the media IS NOT reporting negatively on the Sox. I understand your goal, to pressure KW to fire Manuel ... but let's face it, in the grand scheme of things, intensely covering losses isn't exactly positive media attention.

There's worse things in the world than the media turning a blind eye to the Sox sucking.

Sheesh, the constant paranoia around here gets tiring to read. No matter what the media does, some people think it's an attack on the Sox. If they did cover these losses like you want, some people on here would complain that the only time the Sox get media attention is when they lose. So which do you want?